Official Celts vs Cavs - Game IV - 8pm on TNT edit: Celtics petitioning to wear home whites?!?!

they didnt agree to wear there away jerseys boston just asked the league but all the avs have to do is say no ...boston sucks that bad on the road that this iswhat they have to resort to smh ....like the cavs would do anything to help boston

It is fake...wow Yahoo is dumb..Shaughnessy with this goof article..

By Dan Shaughnessy
Globe Columnist / May 12, 2008

CLEVELAND - The Celtics' braintrust stayed up past midnight after the Saturday night massacre at the Q. Wyc Grousbeck, Steve Pagliuca, Danny Ainge, DocRivers, and Jo Jo White plotted deep into yesterday morning and came up with a plan they think will solve the team's postseason road woes. Home away fromhome.

It's not reality, of course. It's not even virtual reality. It's the concept of a virtual Boston Garden right here in Cleveland.

It starts in the team hotel. After Saturday night's loss, Celtics brass rigged and wired the team's hotel headquarters to simulate Boston.

This morning, a copy of the Globe will be set outside each player's room. If Kevin Garnett flips on his clock radio, he'll hear Glenn Ordway andfriends screaming over each other on "The Big Show." If Paul Pierce clicks on his TV, he'll see Hazel Mae at the NESN sports desk. If Ray Allenorders room service, he'll get a bowl of Legal Seafoods clam chowder.

The Celtics will be transported to the arena on a Duck Boat. The tour guide will tell them that Lake Erie is the Charles River. They'll be toldCleveland's historic Key Tower is actually the Custom House Tower. Jacobs Field? That's Fenway Park. Janet Marie Smith has really made the place over,no?

Once they get to the arena it'll be a Garden take-out party. Wyc and Pags are flying all things Causeway Street to Cleveland.

Start with the uniforms. After Saturday night's blowout, the Celtics petitioned commissioner David Stern to wear white jerseys at every game. Stern, whodesperately wants the Celtics to play the Lakers in the NBA Finals, quickly agreed. So the Celtics will don white jersey tops when they dress for tonight'sgame. The Cavaliers are required to wear red or blue.

When the players look outside their dressing room, they'll see the Celtic Dancers, stretching in the hallway underneath the stands at the Q. They'llsee Lucky the Leprechaun assembling his props for the evening's entertainment.

Before the Celtics go out for warmups, Rene Rancourt will sing the anthem for them in the Boston locker room. It'll be a private audience because theCavaliers won't allow the Bruins/Celtics good-luck singer to work the crowd at the Q.

Francis O'Bryant, a Celtics operations liaison who has been part of the team's locker room since the early 1970s, will help the players with ticketorders and other special requests. Francis never misses a home game. His regal presence will ensure the Celtics they are safe at home.

When they finally enter the arena, some of the Celtics might notice they are not at the Garden, but Wyc and friends are doing everything imaginable to make itfeel like a Garden game.

The brass scored a few front-row seats and will sprinkle the arena with Garden regulars like Lenny Clarke, Donnie Wahlberg, Laurence Maroney, and LeonardoDiCaprio. Longtime Celtics season-ticket holder Mike Rotondi will be at courtside.

Coach Willie Maye will be prowling the stands in his sweat suit, microphone in hand. Bob Cousy and Tommy Heinsohn will be working alongside Mike Gorman.

Steve Nazzaro, Mike Swartz, Sherri Geller, Miriam Yorks and the rest of the Garden stat crew and game-night staff will be on hand. More familiar faces.

Wyc is even trying to get the Cavaliers to allow a "Heroes Among Us" presentation during an early timeout. Wyc and Pags will fire Celtics T-shirtsinto the crowd when Boston is in its huddle.

The Cavaliers have been pretty accommodating about everything, but they drew the line at Gino. Cleveland management won't allow the Celtics to put the"American Bandstand" disco number on the big board. Instead, the Celtics will see video of Gino in their locker room at halftime.

That's it. Management can do no more. The Celtics cannot win a road playoff game, so Wyc Grousbeck and Co. have brought the Boston Garden to Cleveland.Let's see how the fellas respond tonight.

Dan Shaughnessy is a Globe columnist. He can be reached at [email protected].

this cot dam rain better cease....got to watch NOTHING last night (other than playing Mario Kart Wii)....days like today are when I HATE DirecTV

First I would like to say Dan Shaughnessy is a douche and aside from Jon Tomase he might be the most hated man in Boston when it comes to sports reporting.

Secondly, hopefully DoubleJs DirecTV is functional. I wouldnt wish such a travesty on my worst enemy.

Lastly, this is a must win game for the C's. Even though they are up 2-1, they need to win a game on the road. Rondo and Perkins need to stop playing likejerks and the overall team defense better step it up tonight, I am looking at you Kevin Garnett. If Ilgauskus drives the lane from the top of the key at anypoint throughout the rest of the series I will buy his jersey and post pictures of it.

roll.gif
at that article

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

First I would like to say Dan Shaughnessy is a douche and aside from Jon Tomase he might be the most hated man in Boston when it comes to sports reporting.

Secondly, hopefully DoubleJs DirecTV is functional. I wouldnt wish such a travesty on my worst enemy.

Lastly, this is a must win game for the C's. Even though they are up 2-1, they need to win a game on the road. Rondo and Perkins need to stop playing like
jerks and the overall team defense better step it up tonight, I am looking at you Kevin Garnett. If Ilgauskus drives the lane from the top of the key at any
point throughout the rest of the series I will buy his jersey and post pictures of it.

Word.

Anderson Varejao is OUT for tonight.

As much as I hate him, losing depth is even worse.

Andy on the bench in case we need him = good

Andy on the bench b/c injury = bad.

this game is taking place at the q right? then shouldn't we have the option to what jersey's we want to wear tonight? anyway i see the cavs comingclutch and getting this thing back to 2-2 in a nailbiter

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Anderson Varejao is OUT for tonight.

As much as I hate him, losing depth is even worse.

Andy on the bench in case we need him = good

Andy on the bench b/c injury = bad.

cosing, joe smith and ben wallace are just going to have to bring that extra energy

I'm waitin to see Ray Allen do somethin...for Christ's sake you got a bunch of slow footed bums guarding you and you're not taking them off thedribble or creating anything.

Maybe it's just being part of the "Big 3" but to me..he's fallen off quite a bit.

for Christ's sake you got a bunch of slow footed bums guarding you and you're not taking them off the dribble or creating anything.
Cleveland plays some of the best help D in the NBA. So even though he might beat someone off the dribble, that defender has help. Ray's neverbeen known for his passing abilities.

Also Rondo's inability to make shots allows Delonte to sag off for help on Ray

Yeah..I'm sayin tho he's looked like a role player for a little bit now...against Atlanta for the most part too.

He just is a spot up shooter right now

No kidding, I expected him to come out and perform in this series because he didn't even play good against Atlanta, but dude hasn't playedwell at all. He's not even hitting the spot-ups though so right now it's really only the Big 2
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

No kidding, I expected him to come out and perform in this series because he didn't even play good against Atlanta, but dude hasn't played well at all. He's not even hitting the spot-ups though so right now it's really only the Big 2
eyes.gif

dude's always been a spot of shooter, ive never thought of ray as someone who could create his own shot, guy's a glorified peja which isnt reallyan insult seeing how peja's puttin in work in NO, im just saying that he's not everything that everyone's always made him out to be

We need to win this game for real. We are not going to win every game at home.

LETS GO BOSTON!

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

give this man a chicken dinner! cosign!

Cavaliers coach Mike Brown reported after today's morning shootaround at Quicken Loans Arena that Anderson Varejao would be ready to go for Game 4 tonight in this best-of-seven NBA Eastern Conference semifinal series against the Boston Celtics. Boston Globe

Originally Posted by tupac003

Cavaliers coach Mike Brown reported after today's morning shootaround at Quicken Loans Arena that Anderson Varejao would be ready to go for Game 4 tonight in this best-of-seven NBA Eastern Conference semifinal series against the Boston Celtics. Boston Globe

cool then.

Back
Top Bottom