Official Casey Anthony Trial - Walking Out of Jail a Free Woman @ 12:00am 07/17/2011

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

puzzled to why people care so much about this, !$$% like this happens every day........

You want a murderer to roam the streets free?
oh say word? you got the evidence
eek.gif

and I meant theres no reason this should be national news...

I wonder if she gets caught up in a couple years trying to recover some of her possessions in a Vegas hotel room, resulting in some sort of life sentence..........

I'm not joking either.  It's either Dexter's table, or somebody sets her up some other way for a fall elsewhere.  

Originally Posted by NORTHMIAMIBOI

but who killed the baby? is my question

i guess when she gets out its back to that rockstar lifestyle

She did...and we all know this.

Even in her dads suicide letter he basically wrote how he was disgusted with her and all this.

I'm wondering where she will live, it definitely won't be at home, especially after saying her dad always molested her as a child and such...

I bet that @#*! will be downtown this weekend.

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

My beef is with this whole situation. My parents are all caught up in this case. They've been watching for years about this broad and it really makes me sick. HLN makes me sick. People are murdered every single day in the United States. A lot. Yet this stupid network decides to focus their attention on one little white girl? You know how many people have died in USA alone since this murder has been on air? Roughly over 40,000. Yet this crap of a network decides to slander one woman. One woman, one child, given all this media spin for three years. It's absolutely disgusting.
clap_clap_clap_gif.gif

For people claiming race isn't a factor in our court system, the sheer fact that this story has gotten so much attention should make you aware of the race issues we have as a country. When have ever seen a black or hispanic case get this much attention, I think its horrible what happened to the little girl, and i cant believe the mom got off
mad.gif
. But this country has a sick problem of almost acting like other races dont matter, until I see a case where a Minority child is missing and gets 24 hour news coverage, I am forced to believe that the Media and a huge portion of our Country doesn't think Minorities are equal.

Not saying its the same as a missing/murdered child's case, but I remember sitting up late at night with my grandma seeing cats kick in doors and bumrush a closet trying to get that Gonzalez kid back to his parents. First time I'd rather watch the news than cartoons. Had the
eek.gif
 all night.

Originally Posted by What up

I'm going to go on a bit of a rant here..

First off, I don't care whether she's guilty or not. One person getting away with murder or whatever isn't that significant to me when everyday someone is getting murdered and getting away with it.

My beef is with this whole situation. My parents are all caught up in this case. They've been watching for years about this broad and it really makes me sick. HLN makes me sick. People are murdered every single day in the United States. A lot. Yet this stupid network decides to focus their attention on one little white girl? You know how many people have died in USA alone since this murder has been on air? Roughly over 40,000. Yet this crap of a network decides to slander one woman. One woman, one child, given all this media spin for three years. It's absolutely disgusting.

Nancy Grace, all of those idiots on that channel, it's sickening how much effort is put-forth to put this trial on-air. And they talk about how Casey will probably get a lot of money doing interviews and whatnot after getting off free. Well you know what? She wouldn't be interviewed and gotten a chance to write a book and whatnot if your idiot network didn't put her on blast, and televise this stupid trial. There's nothing special about this case. It's another white girl that got murdered, and some crazy parent who killed her. In another few months, they'll target another white woman/child who got murdered and show her case on-air too. It's absolutely sickening.

First it happened with Laci Peterson (sp?), and now it happens with this little girl. Do I wish she were murdered? No of course not, that's not my point, but my point is that efforts could be placed elsewhere. All the effort of HLN, Nancy Grace, and all of these bigots, for what? What do they achieve? Is this what we've come to as a society? Is this our entertainment?

Right now in third-world countries there are far worse tragedies going on right now. There are little girls murdered all over the world every day. I wouldn't even know about this crap trial if it weren't for my parents watching it like it was the NBA Finals. And not just since this trial, my parents have watched HLN since Nancy Grace "graced," their televisions. All they do on that stupid channel is yell about nothing.

It's just sad to me that there's so much emphasis on this trial, and on this channel in general.
The network would not dedicate so much air time if it weren't for people like your folks who have been "watching for years." 

Fun-with-bingo.jpg

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Originally Posted by NubianDisaster

how many of y'all think this was about race though? just asking.
How can it be?

OJ was a black man who was charged with killing his white wife and was not guilty.

Race card crap needs to take a hike, all of ya'll thinking that race was involved are morons.  
OJ was acquitted by a jury of his peers consisting of 9 blacks, 2 whites, and 1 hispanic. 
It's not JUST about race, though. If she was a white male instead she'd definitely be going under. But if she was a black female would she be not guilty? Would she be getting nearly this much coverage? Hell no. 

I live like 8 minutes from the Anthony's house, on my way home the streets were crazy! People need lives! Go the *!+* home!

Originally Posted by What up

First off, I don't care whether she's guilty or not. One person getting away with murder or whatever isn't that significant to me when everyday someone is getting murdered and getting away with it.

Nancy Grace, all of those idiots on that channel, it's sickening how much effort is put-forth to put this trial on-air. And they talk about how Casey will probably get a lot of money doing interviews and whatnot after getting off free. Well you know what? She wouldn't be interviewed and gotten a chance to write a book and whatnot if your idiot network didn't put her on blast, and televise this stupid trial. There's nothing special about this case. It's another white girl that got murdered, and some crazy parent who killed her. In another few months, they'll target another white woman/child who got murdered and show her case on-air too. It's absolutely sickening.

First it happened with Laci Peterson (sp?), and now it happens with this little girl. Do I wish she were murdered? No of course not, that's not my point, but my point is that efforts could be placed elsewhere. All the effort of HLN, Nancy Grace, and all of these bigots, for what? What do they achieve? Is this what we've come to as a society? Is this our entertainment?

Right now in third-world countries there are far worse tragedies going on right now. There are little girls murdered all over the world every day. I wouldn't even know about this crap trial if it weren't for my parents watching it like it was the NBA Finals. And not just since this trial, my parents have watched HLN since Nancy Grace "graced," their televisions. All they do on that stupid channel is yell about nothing.

It's just sad to me that there's so much emphasis on this trial, and on this channel in general.
The network would not dedicate so much air time if it weren't for people like your folks who have been "watching for years." 

so what you're saying is... he should focus his anger on his parents and the people that fuel this crap?

strongly agree.

Originally Posted by 4Shoposite

Originally Posted by Enchanted1

clap_clap_clap_gif.gif

For people claiming race isn't a factor in our court system, the sheer fact that this story has gotten so much attention should make you aware of the race issues we have as a country. When have ever seen a black or hispanic case get this much attention, I think its horrible what happened to the little girl, and i cant believe the mom got off
mad.gif
. But this country has a sick problem of almost acting like other races dont matter, until I see a case where a Minority child is missing and gets 24 hour news coverage, I am forced to believe that the Media and a huge portion of our Country doesn't think Minorities are equal.

Not saying its the same as a missing/murdered child's case, but I remember sitting up late at night with my grandma seeing cats kick in doors and bumrush a closet trying to get that Gonzalez kid back to his parents. First time I'd rather watch the news than cartoons. Had the
eek.gif
 all night.

yea but elian wasnt about returning a kidnapped kid to his wanting parents. it was about NOT letting no damn cuban family send their kid over to America to use our tax dollars :/

Wayne got sentenced to a year for guns. T.I. goes back and forth to jail over the course of two years for guns and drugs.

But we can murder our daughters doe?

Originally Posted by BronLe

Wayne got sentenced to a year for guns. T.I. goes back and forth to jail over the course of two years for guns and drugs.

But we can murder our daughters doe?

cause they had "EVIDENCE"

YOU NEED A SMOKING GUN

It means as a society we don't have any "real" problems. There's no widespread famine, disease, civil war, etc., so we latch onto various items and make it a part of our lives. It's a convenient distraction until something truly significant happens. Gary Condit is the shining example of this. He was getting taken to task for Chandra Levy's disappearance. The news was all over him, there was a huge amount of drummed up interest in the case...and then a couple planes flew into some buildings and it all went away. All of a sudden America had a real problem, and Gary Condit became a non-issue.

That's how society works. We distract ourselves with non-issues and things that don't affect us, yet somehow convince ourselves that it does. But when something really does affect us, then it all magically disappears.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

It means as a society we don't have any "real" problems. There's no widespread famine, disease, civil war, etc., so we latch onto various items and make it a part of our lives. It's a convenient distraction until something truly significant happens. Gary Condit is the shining example of this. He was getting taken to task for Chandra Levy's disappearance. The news was all over him, there was a huge amount of drummed up interest in the case...and then a couple planes flew into some buildings and it all went away. All of a sudden America had a real problem, and Gary Condit became a non-issue.

That's how society works. We distract ourselves with non-issues and things that don't affect us, yet somehow convince ourselves that it does. But when something really does affect us, then it all magically disappears.

......true. another messed up thing about that is Gary Condit didnt have anything to do with it and his name is now worthless.

Just kidding, but I do wholeheartedly agree with your stance on HLN and the coverage the media gives certain cases like this.

It would be amazing if they devoted an episode of Dexter based on this though. That show would win me right back, doesn't matter if the rest of the season was crappy like season 5 
laugh.gif

Why are some of you complaining about why this has gotten so much media coverage?
It's a disgusting story that has had some weird twists and turns.  The media will focus on what draws people's interest.  People watch a lot of crap tv, we shouldn't be surprised anymore.  It's hard to pinpoint exactly why things draw people's interest.

Back
Top Bottom