Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

web.jpg

do hookups like this still put out great sound or is more jus for show? How much does it cost to get something like this minus the paint and all

when you get stuff installed will most places put the sound deadening in for you or you have to do that yourself

Originally Posted by sloanboy

web.jpg

do hookups like this still put out great sound or is more jus for show? How much does it cost to get something like this minus the paint and all
nothing like a trunk full of JL audio to let you know he doesnt know crap about good car audio
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jbeezie

Originally Posted by sloanboy

web.jpg

nothing like a trunk full of JL audio to let you know he doesnt know crap about good car audio
laugh.gif
Well...

JL audio is a good brand
grin.gif

XXX is the best ive ever heard. I have friends that have won competitions with it.

Give me an Adire Brahma over any JL sub they have as well. 2 ported brahmas on a DDS2
pimp.gif

and thats not even pushing them to their full capacity

Brahmas are expensive as hell...

best sub i've ever heard was the critical mass ul12, second was the 12w6v2

give me 2 18" ssa xcons on a sundown 3500

all i'll ever need

anything over 15'' is overkill IMO. and I wouldnt even want more than one 15. This is all personal preference, though.

components handle the highs and mids and the woofer handles lower-mids and lows.

multiple 15s kinda gets rid of that 'crispy bass' and heads into 'thunder' territory. mind you, i love thumping bass.

but alot of the times, i want something nice and sharp. Every car ive owned, Ive had some type of system. mostly 12s in ported boxsm but i did have
one 15 inch kicker (ugh, i worked at CC and it was cheap)

aye man, if u getting this for below $500 like u said then go for it. that set up seems pretty good to me, just might wanna thro in a Pioneer or Alpine deckinstead. i see some bad info giving out in here. not every car deserves sound deadening, how do u know what car these guys drive mr. monday, i for surewouldn't waste the money for it in a hoopty. and a custom box is not that easy to build with no experience, i built and went through 5 boxes before i gotthe right, strong, durable one that would work. so yea id say spend the $100-$150 and have a good box built by a professional if u don't plan on gettingdeep into car audio because u gonna spend atleast $300-$400 trying to build the right one.

Originally Posted by Beast4ya

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by Beast4ya

i drive a buick rendezvous "sp?"

and when i put a cd in (kid cudi)...it reads and says check or checking cd and ejects it without playing it....

-i have tried other cd's

-i have reset the car battery to reset system

-i dont want to take car to shop

thx beast
Laser could be dirty

cleaned it...didnt work...what should i try now.....

any other help?

hey,

soo ive only had my L7 for like 3 or 4 weeks and im already sick of it...

haha.

its loud, but its just sloppy and doesnt sound too great...

so im thinking about trading it for a 12 inch type R.

and its going to be powered by a ZX750.1.

do you guys think i should go through with the trade?

and is my amp too much for a type r?

Originally Posted by Treb2k5

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by realxfresh

hows this for a sub/amp combo (http://i688.photobucket.c...quirejay/fusion.jpg)keep in mind it's going into a miata
horrible

the speakers or miata?
speakers
Originally Posted by kobe82410

hey,

soo ive only had my L7 for like 3 or 4 weeks and im already sick of it...

haha.

its loud, but its just sloppy and doesnt sound too great...

so im thinking about trading it for a 12 inch type R.

and its going to be powered by a ZX750.1.

do you guys think i should go through with the trade?

and is my amp too much for a type r?
type r is no different...

try a phoenix gold rsdc, sundown sa12, re se, or incriminator audio lethal injection.

Back
Top Bottom