Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

Originally Posted by NewZ05

Originally Posted by krazyl3gz

^ Just so you know, the ddx812 is the same thing as the 8120 but without the built in gps.
i kinda figured that once i started reading about the unit. but i see an optional piece can be bought that will give me gps capabilities
Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by NewZ05

Monday thanks for the info again, i jus copped a Kenwood ddx812 for about 450...u think thats a great unit & deal?

(cause the link n what u typed dnx8120 were diff so i jus went with what the link showed)

Cancel the order

the 8120 was on there yesterday
ohwell.gif
woofersetc pulled a fast one
laugh.gif

Scope out ebay for them
ebay is where i got it from for $450
Oh..get the 8120...saves you a headache of having to install an add on piece
Originally Posted by JsindaA

LOL I am but starting from the trunk to the front

You're doing it backwards

alright so I have a better understanding about some stuff but still need some help in some areas. I was thinking about a 12" audioque street duty with aaudioque 1200 amp and ppi 356cs for speakers..would that work? also do you have to have speakers other than stock to keep up with subs? and from what ive seenI would want a ported box but i dont get the difference of what hz its tuned at or how you could tell what would be best to tune it at...sorry if some of thosequestions are basic but i need help
embarassed.gif

I figured you'd say that. HU? I already peeped the components you posted.
Yeah

get the hu, comps, sound deadening, and 2 ch amp first. then save up for ur sub stage
What head unit(brand) would you suggest? I've ALWAYS had an alpine but I think it may be time for something new.....or not who knows

i got a 12" type-r that's been sitting in my trunk for almost 4 months.. new in the box ... i just want to get it powered but not tryna OD spend on anamp..
couple of questions..

i just want some knock... what's the best cheap amp that will power it?..probably under $200..

also, is it mandatory to have a box for it? i'd rather not get one.. i'm a broke college student?

let me know what's good..

I figured you'd say that. HU? I already peeped the components you posted.
Yeah

get the hu, comps, sound deadening, and 2 ch amp first. then save up for ur sub stage
What head unit(brand) would you suggest? I've ALWAYS had an alpine but I think it may be time for something new.....or not who knows
kenwood

Originally Posted by jackiechizzan

Image Dynamics CTX65Cs

or

CDT CL-61a?

180 for the image dynamics, 170 for the cdt's
CTX

Originally Posted by DC Piper

i got a 12" type-r that's been sitting in my trunk for almost 4 months.. new in the box ... i just want to get it powered but not tryna OD spend on an amp..
couple of questions..

i just want some knock... what's the best cheap amp that will power it?..probably under $200..

also, is it mandatory to have a box for it? i'd rather not get one.. i'm a broke college student?

let me know what's good..
You def need a box

looking to build a setup for my is300. I would like to work on the cabin then add subs later on. So far I have the Alpine 9887 HU. Since I will be getting subslater would it be best to get the PDX 4.1 amp and buy another mono amp for the subs later or the pdx 5 amp. As for the component speakers I need to decidebetween

1. CTX65CS - Image Dynamics 6.5" Component Speaker System
2. Phoenix Gold RSd65cs
3. Alpine SPX-17PRO
4. Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS

PRICE IS NOT AN ISSUE.. Just looking to get the best sound quality

Yo monday,

Got a new 91 miata. Whats a decent setup you recommend for about 300-500 . no need for subs or HU right now.

^^^k which of those compnents produce the best sound quality.. and also would it be best to buy a 5 channel amp if im going to get a sub lata or should i get aseperate amp for the sub?

glad I found this thread... Just got a new car.. 06 maxima.. my 98 max had a nice enough system with the bose I didnt have to mess with it.. plus at that age Icould bearly afford the car payment, so I didnt worry about it... now 9 years later, with the new car the Bose is not as nice as it use to be... so I amlooking for a nice set up... any suggestions based on this info...

- Looking for more of a nice clean sound over jst something thats loud with a bunch of bass..
- Wanting to throw in a possible touch screen to the set up.
- Want it to have some kick to it, but I wont want to wake up the dead with it..
- Ipod Aux hook up.

so really just a nice set up that I can load my ipod on, have a touch screen, and a nice sound, again I am more worried abt quality of the sound over how loudI can get it... but i do want a chance to have the occasional flashback to my early 20's and have it pretty loud.....

thanks in adv.

Originally Posted by bxbadboy90

^^^k which of those compnents produce the best sound quality.. and also would it be best to buy a 5 channel amp if im going to get a sub lata or should i get a seperate amp for the sub?
pimp.gif

if only you could've went the active route
smh.gif

Out of that list, the Alpine SPX-17PRO are the best with the CTX being second.

get this amp for the speakers
http://www.onlinecarstere...nwood_Excelon_XR-4S.aspx

Originally Posted by Jwill JR

glad I found this thread... Just got a new car.. 06 maxima.. my 98 max had a nice enough system with the bose I didnt have to mess with it.. plus at that age I could bearly afford the car payment, so I didnt worry about it... now 9 years later, with the new car the Bose is not as nice as it use to be... so I am looking for a nice set up... any suggestions based on this info...

- Looking for more of a nice clean sound over jst something thats loud with a bunch of bass..
- Wanting to throw in a possible touch screen to the set up.
- Want it to have some kick to it, but I wont want to wake up the dead with it..
- Ipod Aux hook up.

so really just a nice set up that I can load my ipod on, have a touch screen, and a nice sound, again I am more worried abt quality of the sound over how loud I can get it... but i do want a chance to have the occasional flashback to my early 20's and have it pretty loud.....

thanks in adv.
Budget?

if u want a nice touchscreen, you're looking at atleast <1500 before install

^^^^ nothing too crazy on the price... but if its 1500 for jst the touchscreen, its not that important.. so scratch that...

I mean all together

you'll need

headunit
front speakers
2 or 4 ch amp for the speakers
sub(s)
sub amp
sound deadening
box for sub

doesn't the maxima already have nav?

lookin' at a pic of the dash, it's gonna cost alot of money to put a double din in there

it has the screen, but it does not have the navi equipped...

these parts are significantly cheaper on ebay and amazon..is it safe to order from these places or would i be better off ordering from a authorized dealer?

Back
Top Bottom