Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

Possibly selling a Fisher Custom Box (15' sub) and a Kicker 1500.1 amp+0gauge wiring kit (never opened)
PM if interested.
nerd.gif

Yea, joint just been collecting dust @ my moms crib... gotta finally get rid of it.
I think ima go in another direction with the jeep tho
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Sp Raised

Originally Posted by babam11218719

I have a problem. I have 2 10's and a Pioneer deck in my 2001 Infiniti I30. I am pretty sure that this car had a "premium sound system before I had someone take the stock h/u out and put in the subs. The speakers have been the same. Everything has been fine with it for about 3 months with no problems. Then yesterday I am driving and I hear a song skip a couple times then no music or sound whatsoever. Now if I turn it on and it works it will work for about 30 minutes and then stop. The radio, cds or the usb will not make any sound at all. What does this usually mean?

your probably gonna need a new radio because if it had bose your suppose to replace all the speakers too, they have built on amplifiers

Thats what I thought. It did have the bose system but it worked for a while. Did the speakers just stop working because too much power was going to them orwhat. If I needed all new speakers all along then they should not have worked in the first place right?

dont know much about car audio any opinions on what i should get as far as speakers/subs/amps i got a 07 charger r/t

I think i'm done with my sundown sae-1000d. It does not like hot weather. Anyone interested?? 175 shipped.

Originally Posted by JGA7189

dont know much about car audio any opinions on what i should get as far as speakers/subs/amps i got a 07 charger r/t
I would throw something crazy in a charger...like 2 15s of 5k watts
laugh.gif

what's your budget?

Originally Posted by krazyl3gz

I think i'm done with my sundown sae-1000d. It does not like hot weather. Anyone interested?? 175 shipped.

overheating?

Yep. It could be my install cause its near the trunk lid and its been around 100 the past couple days in Seattle. When the weather is cooler it runs fine.Switching to a RF T1500-1BD.

Originally Posted by Sp Raised

your probably gonna need a new radio because if it had bose your suppose to replace all the speakers too, they have built on amplifiers

Thats what I thought. It did have the bose system but it worked for a while. Did the speakers just stop working because too much power was going to them or what. If I needed all new speakers all along then they should not have worked in the first place right?

Im not sure but since you need to get new speakers anyway try getting them first and see if everything works but if not go ahead and get a new head unit

Can somebody recommend me a set up? Budget is around 1500 give or take. I don't need to be blasting down the streets setting off car alarms but I do wantsome thump. Most important to me is overall sound quality, highs, mids, and lows. I don't know anything about this stuff but I read the first 12 pages ofthe thread, got my tip wet, saw some of the other recommendations, saw the link to the caraudio.com forums, etc.

If you saw my post a couple of days ago it's for a Seville STS. I know, I know I didn't listen to anybody's advice then but I promise I will now.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by StarkyL0ve

Can somebody recommend me a set up? Budget is around 1500 give or take. I don't need to be blasting down the streets setting off car alarms but I do want some thump. Most important to me is overall sound quality, highs, mids, and lows. I don't know anything about this stuff but I read the first 12 pages of the thread, got my tip wet, saw some of the other recommendations, saw the link to the caraudio.com forums, etc.

If you saw my post a couple of days ago it's for a Seville STS. I know, I know I didn't listen to anybody's advice then but I promise I will now.
laugh.gif

Good looks, if it's just basic carpentry than yea I should be able to handle it without a problem.

Quick question, could you do your best to explain in leyman's terms why the quality of a head unit affects the quality of sound?

basic carpentry and math...

Since you want SQ, your box should be 3.5 cubic feet(before sub displacement) tuned to 29 hz. double baffle, sub forward, port forward.

if u have trouble u can read around here
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25

and
http://www.soundsolutions...m/28-spl-sq-fabrication/

Try to stay around 16 square inches of port per cubic foot of netbox space.

Review on the q from another forum
Spoiler [+]
Alright so I have had my system in for a couple of months now and I have finally had some time to really get to know it. Now that the hype of having a new system is over I am starting to listen to my normal music and not just rap, so thats stuff like 311, Eve 6, and Modest Mouse. And i have to say is that, it sounds amazing for being a 15. It keeps up with the fastest drum kicks and its clean and crisp. I could not be happier with the SQ of this sub. Before i had 2 10's and those were amazing for rock but this is just as good if not better, I got the benefit of being much louder and having lower notes but did not give up any accuracy!

Now for the SPL side of the Q. This baby is loud!!! I was totally blown away by how loud this driver will get. I went in with the idea of just having a really good SQ setup which i did, AND i got a spl score worth cometiting with! I couldnt believe it when i hit a 145.4 on my first run ever playing Lil Jon. Now I am just curious of what I can really hit after tweaking and playing tones. The only thing that could be better to me that what I have now is 2 Q 15's

Heres what Im Running
98' S-10 Ex. Cab
HU:tongue:anasonic CQ-C7403U
Sub: Fi Q 15' d2
Amp: Hifonics BXI 1606d
Box: 4cubes @ 30 htz (by Scott)
Batt: Deka Intimidator
Dbs: 145.4 in the headrest (Throw it up)

Now some pics

This is how it looks now

This is probably my favorite pic

Pretty much the standard routine the day your sub arrives haha

Heres the Enclosure that Scott designed for me, I couldnt be happier

This is pretty much the bulk of my stuff, I believe it is a successful setup.

um...I can't really explain it in laymen's terms
laugh.gif

but dac's, onboard processing, voltage preouts, eq, digital time correction, active crossovers, etc etc..

I knew i forgot something.

you need to sound deaden & beef up the electrical by doing the big 3 with 0 gauge wire

you can read about the big 3 here
http://www.caraudio.com/f.../showthread.php?t=152355

get the sound deadening here
http://www.raamaudio.com/...virtuemart&Itemid=60

Get 1 roll and deaden the 2 front doors, rear deck, and trunk lid. it's pretty simple. just clean the door up with some alcohol and apply 2 layers to theinner or outer door skin.

You may possibly need a better battery for upfront.kinetik & powermaster are pretty good.

Also, you don't need any rear speakers so take those out so u can get more bass into the cabin.

OK cool, yea I read a little bit about deadening and figured I should do it since I'm really not about the rattle noise

edit: Yea that's cool, minimizing the rattle is definitely a good look though

i'm getting new front speakers installed next week, should i still use the rear speakers? what's the pros and cons?

Back
Top Bottom