Official CAR AUDIO Thread FAQ added

Scooping up a great deal tomorrow.
2 JL W712s, a 4ch US Amps forget the model #, and an oldschool Kenwood HU all for $300.
One of the subs has a rip in the surround but I'll fix that up, flip them both get about $550 and use the HU and maybe amp.
Might buy an Icon 10D2 for $150 shipped to use in my car, and might get a Sundown 1200 to power it for $200.

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

Scooping up a great deal tomorrow.
2 JL W712s, a 4ch US Amps forget the model #, and an oldschool Kenwood HU all for $300.
One of the subs has a rip in the surround but I'll fix that up, flip them both get about $550 and use the HU and maybe amp.
Might buy an Icon 10D2 for $150 shipped to use in my car, and might get a Sundown 1200 to power it for $200.

Flip the amp and hu

KEEP those subs.. w7>icon

Any updates
nerd.gif

smh.gif
my comp went to !$## .... gonna get a macbook pro... car audio is on hold.. car toys had a pretty good stuff at their tent sale...

$500 max but i'm but i rather spend around 300 for that. i see this brand called jensen has cheaper headunits but are they crappy? in the end does theheadunit not matter as much as the amps, speakers and subs anyways?

Headunit DOES matter... jensen is a terrible brand.

You gotta pay to play when it comes to car audio...

what car is it btw?

oh thats the funny part. idk if anything will work with it
its a 1980 mercedes 300D. the sound has to overpower the engine since its a diesel.

Originally Posted by thakickboss

its a 1980 mercesdes 300D. the sound has to overpower the engine since its a diesel.
laugh.gif

wifey liked the imovie and the photo editing the macbook had to offer... for some odd reason i cant get into the internet with my computer...
maybe i will just get some 6x9's for now.. any good ones?

i guess i can to maybe like $2500 tops. i was planning on buying it, but i got it for free so i guess i can take the money i was going to spend on the car andput it all into sound. the car is in like perfect condition if that matters at all.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

its a 1980 mercesdes 300D. the sound has to overpower the engine since its a diesel.
laugh.gif

wifey liked the imovie and the photo editing the macbook had to offer... for some odd reason i cant get into the internet with my computer...
maybe i will just get some 6x9's for now.. any good ones?
Nah just wait it out..

i guess i can to maybe like $2500 tops. i was planning on buying it, but i got it for free so i guess i can take the money i was going to spend on the car and put it all into sound. the car is in like perfect condition if that matters at all.

Now 2500 is a budget i can work with...

you got ne box building skills?

i could build a box, or should i just have a shop install everything, or does that get to expensive? there is a link to a car like mine it's just thesmaller model, http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2323652 i am looking to get something kinda like that, but abetter head unit and i have know idea if those subs he has are good or not.

thanks for all this info, i would have had no idea how to do anything right. i was just gonna buy some %!%% from bestbuy and just wire it up.
but anyways what kind of system would be best? i was thinking two 12in alpine type R for the the subs. is that a good choice? and i have know idea for amp,speakers, or headunit.

with a "$2500" budget. U can cop somethin better than type Rs for subs. try a Fi Q. Well. How loud do u want ur system?

thanks man, i really appreciate you taking your time to help me out. i'll give an update on how this project is going and i'll come back to ask if ineed any help.

okay i have a couple quick questions. are boss headunits any good? also should i just use the same speakers in the back as in the front? also it's betterto get just one 15in sub or two 12in subs?

I have a problem. I have 2 10's and a Pioneer deck in my 2001 Infiniti I30. I am pretty sure that this car had a "premium sound system before I hadsomeone take the stock h/u out and put in the subs. The speakers have been the same. Everything has been fine with it for about 3 months with no problems. Thenyesterday I am driving and I hear a song skip a couple times then no music or sound whatsoever. Now if I turn it on and it works it will work for about 30minutes and then stop. The radio, cds or the usb will not make any sound at all. What does this usually mean?

Originally Posted by babam11218719

I have a problem. I have 2 10's and a Pioneer deck in my 2001 Infiniti I30. I am pretty sure that this car had a "premium sound system before I had someone take the stock h/u out and put in the subs. The speakers have been the same. Everything has been fine with it for about 3 months with no problems. Then yesterday I am driving and I hear a song skip a couple times then no music or sound whatsoever. Now if I turn it on and it works it will work for about 30 minutes and then stop. The radio, cds or the usb will not make any sound at all. What does this usually mean?

your probably gonna need a new radio because if it had bose your suppose to replace all the speakers too, they have built on amplifiers

Originally Posted by babam11218719

I have a problem. I have 2 10's and a Pioneer deck in my 2001 Infiniti I30. I am pretty sure that this car had a "premium sound system before I had someone take the stock h/u out and put in the subs. The speakers have been the same. Everything has been fine with it for about 3 months with no problems. Then yesterday I am driving and I hear a song skip a couple times then no music or sound whatsoever. Now if I turn it on and it works it will work for about 30 minutes and then stop. The radio, cds or the usb will not make any sound at all. What does this usually mean?

your probably gonna need a new radio because if it had bose your suppose to replace all the speakers too, they have built on amplifiers

Back
Top Bottom