Official Captain America: The First Avenger Thread....OUT NOW!!!

iHust1e wrote:
Spoiler [+]
I felt like there was no sense of a struggle in the movie. Steve had everything handed to him from start to finish. 
I'm def not a fan of the comic  series either so that my play a role in my hate to be honest
$$% is wrong with these damn spoilers nowadays. I was trying to hide this whole post smh

Understandable, but I guess that's just how the story goes; Steve is a small dude with good intentions, so he gets picked to become larger than life in a sense. The one thing I didn't like about the movie is how Steve automatically transitioned into Captain America (height, size, strength, fighting skill). Felt as if they could've shown him struggling at some point. Avengers trailer was
pimp.gif
tho

Originally Posted by LieutenantDan93

iHust1e wrote:
Spoiler [+]
I felt like there was no sense of a struggle in the movie. Steve had everything handed to him from start to finish. 
I'm def not a fan of the comic  series either so that my play a role in my hate to be honest
$$% is wrong with these damn spoilers nowadays. I was trying to hide this whole post smh
Understandable, but I guess that's just how the story goes; Steve is a small dude with good intentions, so he gets picked to become larger than life in a sense. The one thing I didn't like about the movie is how Steve automatically transitioned into Captain America (height, size, strength, fighting skill). Felt as if they could've shown him struggling at some point. Avengers trailer was
pimp.gif
tho
just came back from watching. i think the movie was pretty good but there certainly wasnt much of a climax there, and i can easily nitpick many things from the movie but overall it was still pleasant. and i agree with LieutenantDan. hated how instantly after he became cap dude can fly a plane, drive motor cycles, throw shields 100% accurately and etc. 
indifferent.gif
 the avengers trailer gave me goosebumps tho
smokin.gif

iHust1e wrote:
Spoiler [+]
pimp.gif
tho
just came back from watching. i think the movie was pretty good but there certainly wasnt much of a climax there, and i can easily nitpick many things from the movie but overall it was still pleasant. and i agree with LieutenantDan. hated how instantly after he became cap dude can fly a plane, drive motor cycles, throw shields 100% accurately and etc. 
indifferent.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by GreyFoxx

iHust1e wrote:
Spoiler [+]
pimp.gif
tho
indifferent.gif
smokin.gif

I was also kind of underwhelmed by how Red Skull "died" but I have a gut feeling that we'll see more of Red Skull in the future and that this movie will just be looked back on as a single chapter, once more Cap/Avengers movies come out.  I can see Red Skull just being teleported away and the seed for Winter Soldier has been planted.  Plus for those that has ever read Cap, anybody else get the feeling that the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent at the end who walked into Steve Rogers room can somehow be Peggy Carters grand daughter?  I'm gonna miss seeing Haley Atwell
frown.gif

Originally Posted by GreyFoxx

iHust1e wrote:
Spoiler [+]
pimp.gif
tho
indifferent.gif
smokin.gif

I was also kind of underwhelmed by how Red Skull "died" but I have a gut feeling that we'll see more of Red Skull in the future and that this movie will just be looked back on as a single chapter, once more Cap/Avengers movies come out.  I can see Red Skull just being teleported away and the seed for Winter Soldier has been planted.  Plus for those that has ever read Cap, anybody else get the feeling that the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent at the end who walked into Steve Rogers room can somehow be Peggy Carters grand daughter?  I'm gonna miss seeing Haley Atwell
frown.gif

OK, back from Captain America, and I thoroughly enjoyed.

Avengers trailer was awesome.

With that being said Iron Man>Captain America>Thor>Hulk>Iron Man 2.

OK, back from Captain America, and I thoroughly enjoyed.

Avengers trailer was awesome.

With that being said Iron Man>Captain America>Thor>Hulk>Iron Man 2.

Personally, the movie was great, I was geeked.

I knew it was going to be an "Origins" flick, so it was all about Cap getting chosen for the "special mission" and then getting his powers.  It was well done by Marvel.  I understand how the casual "fan" would find the film frustrating since they want more action.  It's a little harder with Cap since his back story is what makes Captain America... Captain America.

Just seeing these guys come to life is
smokin.gif
to me.  I saw the teaser trailer for The Avengers here on NT, I also waited for the end of the credits.  Was it just me or did Thor look different?

They incorporated Cap in WWII, along with Hydra and the Red Skull.  Then they froze him so the Avengers could assemble.  It's a tough job Marvel has in it's hands, it can't please the fan boys and the casual fans at the same time.  They are doing a great job of finding a middle ground, IMO.
man you r crazy blade and the punisher are the best two marvel movies and waaaaaaaaay better than ironman and thor and i enjoyed all of them.
That's your opinion though.

I enjoyed Punisher, but personally it wasn't as good as other special effects heavy "Super" heroes.

Personally, the movie was great, I was geeked.

I knew it was going to be an "Origins" flick, so it was all about Cap getting chosen for the "special mission" and then getting his powers.  It was well done by Marvel.  I understand how the casual "fan" would find the film frustrating since they want more action.  It's a little harder with Cap since his back story is what makes Captain America... Captain America.

smokin.gif
to me.  I saw the teaser trailer for The Avengers here on NT, I also waited for the end of the credits.  Was it just me or did Thor look different?

They incorporated Cap in WWII, along with Hydra and the Red Skull.  Then they froze him so the Avengers could assemble.  It's a tough job Marvel has in it's hands, it can't please the fan boys and the casual fans at the same time.  They are doing a great job of finding a middle ground, IMO.
man you r crazy blade and the punisher are the best two marvel movies and waaaaaaaaay better than ironman and thor and i enjoyed all of them.
That's your opinion though.

I enjoyed Punisher, but personally it wasn't as good as other special effects heavy "Super" heroes.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

smokin.gif

Yeah, he has longer hair, is sleeveless and has no cape.  Pretty much his Ultimates look

smokin.gif

Yeah, he has longer hair, is sleeveless and has no cape.  Pretty much his Ultimates look

Too bad Captain America was more of a backstory and a stepping stone for Avengers. I dont think we'll see a sequel in the same era but it would be nice to see captain america embark more missions and introduce Baron Zemo.

Too bad Captain America was more of a backstory and a stepping stone for Avengers. I dont think we'll see a sequel in the same era but it would be nice to see captain america embark more missions and introduce Baron Zemo.

movie was great. nothing special but it was fun. avengers trailer was epic.

real talk tho, every time he threw that shield i was thinking of mvc3....SHEILD SLASH!
nerd.gif

movie was great. nothing special but it was fun. avengers trailer was epic.

real talk tho, every time he threw that shield i was thinking of mvc3....SHEILD SLASH!
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by sevit86

Originally Posted by wHo NicE as HiM

Originally Posted by theDEEK

^ Spiderman 2 though?!

too me the spider man series was flawless...three included, i just wished they would''ve showed peter's intelligence and ability to make his own webbing.
and the "incredible hulk" too with edward norton also dare devil.

i thought they were dark and gritty and weren't over the top cheesy....

...they're rushing these hollywood renditions, and making them suck.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

idk if its just be but i hated every spiderman movie. the action is cheesy, the acting was subpar and tobey as peter parker?
eyes.gif

Kirsten stewart as mary jane?
alien.gif
alien.gif

Originally Posted by theDEEK

^ Spiderman 2 though?!

too me the spider man series was flawless...three included, i just wished they would''ve showed peter's intelligence and ability to make his own webbing.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

idk if its just be but i hated every spiderman movie. the action is cheesy, the acting was subpar and tobey as peter parker?
eyes.gif

alien.gif
alien.gif

^lol @ whoever said the Spiderman films were flawless.

I wished they threw in a cameo of Wolverine alongside the Howling Commandos or something like that. Even if its a one liner scene like in xmen:first class.

^lol @ whoever said the Spiderman films were flawless.

I wished they threw in a cameo of Wolverine alongside the Howling Commandos or something like that. Even if its a one liner scene like in xmen:first class.

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

smokin.gif

Yeah I noticed that too..was a little strange imo..

Overally..the Avengers movie next year will b CRAZYYYYY
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

smokin.gif

Yeah I noticed that too..was a little strange imo..

Overally..the Avengers movie next year will b CRAZYYYYY
smokin.gif

im suprised by the people here putting captain america > incredible hulk 
30t6p3b.gif

i felt more for a guy that didnt want to be part of the situation he was in than i did for anything about captain america (other than everyone he ever knew being dead), and the action was better too

not to mention edward norton > *

im suprised by the people here putting captain america > incredible hulk 
30t6p3b.gif

i felt more for a guy that didnt want to be part of the situation he was in than i did for anything about captain america (other than everyone he ever knew being dead), and the action was better too

not to mention edward norton > *

Originally Posted by RFX45

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

eyes.gif

alien.gif
alien.gif
Dunst
laugh.gif

my bad
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

eyes.gif

alien.gif
alien.gif
Dunst
laugh.gif

my bad
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Back