OFFICIAL: Buffalo Bills @ Washington ******** 12/2 RIP #21 God Needed a Safety on his Football Team

8egnktf.jpg

The Washington ******** (5-6) host The BuffaloBills (5-6)
Sunday, December 12, 2007

7xujm9w.jpg

After two consecutive road games, the ******** return to FedExField on Sunday, Dec. 2, to take on the Buffalo Bills. Kickoff is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET.

The ******** are mourning the loss of safety Sean Taylor, who died on Tuesday, Nov. 27 as a result of a shooting at his home in Miami.

The ******** are expected to honor Taylor's memory with a tribute before the game. The players will wear a No. 21 logo on their helmet.

Washington is 3-2 at FedExField this season.

The ******** are 2-1 against the AFC East this season. They beat Miami and the New York Jets on overtime field goals by Shaun Suisham, and lost to the NewEngland Patriots 52-7.

Sunday's ********-Bills game will be broadcast locally on CBS. Ian Eagle will handle the play-by-play and Solomon Wilcots will serve as coloranalyst.

On radio, the game will be broadcast on Triple X ESPN Radio (94.3, 92.7 FMand 730 AM) and WBIG 100.3. Larry Michael handles the play-by-play with color commentary from ******** legends and NFL Hall of Famers quarterback SonnyJurgensen and linebacker Sam Huff. Bram Weinstein serves as sideline reporter.

The ******** are coming off a 19-13 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers lastSunday at Raymond James Stadium.

Buffalo lost to the Jacksonville Jaguars 36-14 last week at Jacksonville Municipal Stadium.

Running back Anthony Thomas accounted for 91 total yards and scored his first career receiving touchdown. Wide receiver Roscoe Parrish scored his firstcareer rushing touchdown on a 24-yard reverse.
[h4]-- PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS[/h4]
[table][tr][td]OFFENSE[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pos.[/td] [td]********[/td] [td]Bills[/td] [/tr][tr][td]WR[/td] [td]89 Santana Moss[/td] [td]83 Lee Evans[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LT[/td] [td]60 Chris Samuels[/td] [td]71 Jason Peters[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LG[/td] [td]66 Pete Kendall[/td] [td]66 Derrick Dockery[/td] [/tr][tr][td]C[/td] [td]61 Casey Rabach[/td] [td]67 Melvin Fowler[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RG[/td] [td]69 Jason Fabini[/td] [td]60 Brad Fuller[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RT[/td] [td]71 Todd Wade[/td] [td]68 Langston Walker[/td] [/tr][tr][td]TE[/td] [td]47 Chris Cooley[/td] [td]84 Robert Royal[/td] [/tr][tr][td]WR[/td] [td]82 A. Randle El[/td] [td]82 Josh Reed[/td] [/tr][tr][td]QB[/td] [td]17 Jason Campbell[/td] [td]5 Trent Edwards[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FB[/td] [td]45 Mike Sellers[/td] [td]88 Ryan Neufeld[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RB[/td] [td]26 Clinton Portis[/td] [td]23 Marshawn Lynch[/td] [/tr][/table]​
[table][tr][td]DEFENSE[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pos.[/td] [td]********[/td] [td]Bills[/td] [/tr][tr][td]DE[/td] [td]99 Andre Carter[/td] [td]90 Chris Kelsay[/td] [/tr][tr][td]DT[/td] [td]96 Cornelius Griffin[/td] [td]98 Larry Tripplett[/td] [/tr][tr][td]DT[/td] [td]94 A. Montgomery[/td] [td]95 Kyle Williams[/td] [/tr][tr][td]DE[/td] [td]93 Phillip Daniels[/td] [td]94 Aaron Schobel[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SLB[/td] [td]53 M. Washington[/td] [td]55 Angelo Crowell[/td] [/tr][tr][td]MLB[/td] [td]59 London Fletcher[/td] [td]52 John DiGiorgia[/td] [/tr][tr][td]WLB[/td] [td]52 Rocky McIntosh[/td] [td]56 Keith Ellison[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LCB[/td] [td]27 Fred Smoot[/td] [td]33 Jabari Greer[/td] [/tr][tr][td]RCB[/td] [td]24 Shawn Springs[/td] [td]24 Terrence McGee[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SS[/td] [td]30 LaRon Landry[/td] [td]20 Donte Whitner[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FS[/td] [td]37 Reed Doughty[/td] [td]37 George Wilson[/td] [/tr][/table]​
[table][tr][td]SPECIAL TEAMS[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Pos.[/td] [td]********[/td] [td]Bills[/td] [/tr][tr][td]P[/td] [td]4 Derrick Frost[/td] [td]8 Brian Moorman[/td] [/tr][tr][td]K[/td] [td]6 Shaun Suisham[/td] [td]9 Rian Lindell[/td] [/tr][tr][td]H[/td] [td]4 Derrick Frost[/td] [td]8 Brian Moorman[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LS[/td] [td]71 Ethan Albright[/td] [td]72 Ryan Neill[/td] [/tr][tr][td]KOR[/td] [td]31 Rock Cartwright[/td] [td]24 Terrence McGee[/td] [/tr][tr][td]PR[/td] [td]82 A. Randle El[/td] [td]11 Roscoe Parrish[/td] [/tr][/table]​
This is perhaps the game that follows one of the saddest days thoughout Washington's franchise history, the unfortunate loss of free safety #21 SeanTaylor. In rememberance of his passing, all NFL games from this Thursday to this Sunday will feature the number 21 on each of the player's helmets. TheRedskins, in addition, will wear a patch with the #21 on their jerseys that has yet to be determined to be worn only for this playweek or for the rest of theseason.

I will personally be attending this game, which is expected to have a great emotional impact upon the audience throughout the whole stadium. I will takepictures of the memorial '21' painted on the grass and any other memorial set up in Sean Taylor's memory to share with you all.

Discuss.

Here are the video tributes to Sean Taylor via the ********' official website: http://video.********.com/Multimedia/MultimediaCenter.aspx

R.I.P.
269487.jpg

Man...I'm looking at the game right now on NFL Network and I see the stickers on the back helmets and the moment of silence and it's gonna be realemotional Sunday.

^ I ordered my Taylor jersey the week before all of the *+@! happened. It won't come until next week, too late for the game...but best believe I will be inattendance paying my respects to Sean Taylor and the rest of the Skins.

i mean absolutely no disrespect but thats one of the corniest titles i've ever read.
I cant see how u can be prepared to play football 5 days after something like this.

I think the rumors are true about the Skins taking the field for the first defensive play with only 10 players....

still an emotional time but it's great to know the team was feeling better at practice today .. after Pete Taylor and Sean's girlfriend spoke to them,it was basically a signal that they can go play football now and celebrate Sean's life (all of us in a sense)..

I cant see how u can be prepared to play football 5 days after something like this.
yeah I agree..contrary to belief..Portis sounded more confident than timid in his latest interview..the team basically has an impression of comingout full force and giving 100% each play, much like Sean.

and it sounds like the rumors of Portis wearing 21 are false..

good luck to the Bills but I hope we run over them.

DoubleJs07 wrote:
I think the rumors are true about the Skins taking the field for the first defensive play with only 10 players....
I hope they do, because that is an awesome gesture of respect.

But is that against the rules? Like, you HAVE to have 11 players out there?

It will be kinda bitter sweet for me, but as one of ST's biggest fans since day 1....i need to be there, and I will be.

Found this info over at ES...

- James Brown was on WFAN radio here in New York on his way to ******* Park and here is what will happen during the show:

1- He will be interviewing Moss, CP, Smoot and Gibbs for the show. He's not sure about anyone else but these are the definites.

2- Most, if not all, of the hour pregame will be devoted to Sean and the 'Skins.

3- Brown said that next to covering the Len Bias tragedy this will be the hardest assignment in his career.

More info....this time found it on JLC's Insider Blog....

[h3]Sunday Details[/h3]
Everyone at FedEx Field should be in their seat by 12:15, as I mentioned before.

CBS will be televising the moment of silence before the game, I've been told, and several people have emailed me about being able to watch all of the pre-game activities.

Much of it will be part of a video tribute the team has put together, and the ******** expect that you will be able to view that on-line at their website at some point after the ceremony. CBS may end up broadcasting that video on Sunday as well.

No one is scheduled to speak, and the ceremonies will be subdued. Fans will be given commemorative towels and the team and its employees will fly to Miami early Monday morning for the funeral.

Still a very somber vibe around ******** Park. Former center Cory Raymer, who lives in the area, just stopped by with his young children to say hello and express his remorse with his former coaches and teammates, just as former kicker John Hall did earlier in the week.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I hope this is true. Great way to show respect to him.
pimp.gif

^awesome man..frame that towel..i hope it's an experience all at fed-ex will never forget

[h6] [/h6]
http:// [h6]Posted at 11:49 AM ET, 12/ 2/2007[/h6] [h3]Inactives[/h3]
FB Mike Sellers. WR Antwaan Randle El, WR James Thrash and RG Randy Thomas are all out with injuries. There is some hope that Randle El and Thomas could be back for Thursday's game against Chicago. Keenan McCardell will take Randle El's starting spot. The ******** have 5 receivers up for the game but two, Jimmy Farris and Anthony Mix, have yet to catch a pass with the team this season.

LB Matt Sinclair, CB David Macklin and DL Ryan Boschetti are scratched and Mark Brunell is the 3rd QB.

The Bills are without several of the key players including RB Marshawn Lynch and DE Chris Kelsey.

that bit with Coach Gibbs, Smoot, CP, and Moss was gutwrenching...what a great piece..thanks JB for ripping these media jerks

here's a rare post game interview taken with Sean in 2005 when we went on the 5 game winning streak to make the playoffs.. thanks ES

http://midatlantic.comcastsportsnet.com/media/video/********/********-6-10106.wmv

Back
Top Bottom