***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

I listened to some tracks off the Wale album cause it was in the Apple Music browse section

But I wasn't even aware that he was dropping an album

His album didn't have a lot of hype or a buzzin single leading up to the album. That week might have hurt but I don't think it would have made a huge difference.

Think he may have overestimated his popularity by dropping with no single, no promo.

[Draymond] They don't love you like that [/Draymond]

That song Running Back was the only thing I had heard before he dropped that. Not sure how much that's played on the radio, but BET Jams played that a ton :lol:

Lil Yachty is a guest on everyday struggle. Surprisingly good listen so far.

Been said Yachty is much more smarter and savvy than people realize. Hate his music....but he seems like a decent carefree kid. Seems to be learning to respect the culture....which is semi problematic, but I get it.

I'd give money to Elon Musk to take all of these "Lil ____" dudes with the colorful hair, put them on a rocket...and blast their ***** into another solar system. 

After seeing that episode of Noisey, I'm convinced Yachty is a little bit slow and even his mother knows it. When she said something to the effect of "He's always been a little special" I was :rofl:

I enjoyed it, don't know **** about him. He doesn't make music for me though. He just seems like a happy, positive kid. Speaks well, seems like he's been media trained but at the same time he reminds me of Simple Jack. Joe was doing too much at times. Putting on a show.

Wale gonna be wild sensitive about this episode. Someone gotta post his tweets when they come out.

Last edited:
Son said his "business is on another level". Joe asks him if he's on a 360 deal. He responds with "I don't know".

laugh.gif

Lil Yachty is a guest on everyday struggle. Surprisingly good listen so far.

Been said Yachty is much more smarter and savvy than people realize. Hate his music....but he seems like a decent carefree kid. Seems to be learning to respect the culture....which is semi problematic, but I get it.
His album cover was awesome

Budden and Lupe are the most gifted rappers ever

Mm2 > everything

Yachty wasn't bad in that interview, I'll never listen to him but he's all about positivity and building his brand. I can respect that.

Son said his "business is on another level". Joe asks him if he's on a 360 deal. He responds with "I don't know".

laugh.gif
Yachty pops came up w Coach K and he's pretty hands on so I'm sure they handle most of his business **** together

Also yachty didn't really come off as slow in that interview, maybe the slow ******ed thing is just him trolling, that would make sense considering him saying that lil b was his favorite rapper, the original troll. I think he's knows he's on a 360 he just didn't want to say it because they're looked down upon. Every new artist is on a 360, they have to be since records don't really sell and labels aren't properly compensated for streams.

Every new artist is on a 360, they have to be since records don't really sell and labels aren't properly compensated for streams.
Hypothetically speaking, if we all agree to this, we're pretty much admitting that record companies possess the sole power to MAKE someone famous right? 

Hypothetically speaking, if we all agree to this, we're pretty much admitting that record companies possess the sole power to MAKE someone famous right? 

To a certainty extent. The artist still have to possess the "IT" factor for fans to gravitate towards them.

Last edited:
To a certainty extent. The artist still have to possess the "IT" factor for fans to gravitate towards them.
So why can't the artist with the "IT" factor walk into the board room at Sprite or Target and get them to hand over a check? 

If my glow is why people are attracted to me and the internet gives me the ability to establish a direct-to-consumer relationship, why do I need a middle man between me and anyone who wants to give me money to promote their product? 

Back
Top Bottom