***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

Knew his position :lol:

We talking about one of the most rebellious genres of music out there and y'all mad because a _ don't wanna abide by some arbitrary rules made up by some _'s that have no effect on his career or pockets.

We constantly talking about rappers being fake and then a young _ keep it 100 and all of a sudden he outtaline cause it ain't what you wanna hear. Boy I tell ya :lol:  

I missed this earlier but this it right here. Too many _'s now don't really care or love the culture of hip hop. Like I keep saying it's just trendy to them. Get some attention, **** some strippers, buy a bentley. I'm not knocking it but I'm gonna call what it is. It's some culture vulture ****. They can keep it 100 and still sound like a lame when they basically say "Oh I don't know anything about hip hop from 2007 and before".

Hip Hop was rebellious against outsiders but in Hip Hop if you was real about this **** you respected it.

Last edited:
It's because there's a new generation of listeners.

I don't know any person who likes future and Kodak but doesn't like Kendrick/ cole. It's only these "real hip hop" dudes who love to exile the other side

Every person I know that likes these "wack rappers" also likes the same guys a lot of you would consider the "good rappers"

It seems like these "trash rapper" fans have more of an open mind than these "gate keepers"

We're in the age of party feel good rap. That's the front running sound of the genre right now. The slaughterhouse, punch line, kick snare sound isn't what's making money right now. Just have to live with it or turn off your radio..

I don't hear the same people listening to that mumble **** big uppin Vic Mensa. You mentioning Cole or Kendrick is like mentioning Jay-Z or Kanye. So basically you're saying that kids today listen to anything that's popular or shoved down their throats.

As ****** up as this country is, "we're in the age or party feel good rap." Think about that. And is it being used as an escape or being pushed. But keep thinking it's free will.

Yet the old dudes, Tribe, Crooked I, TI are the ones trying to fight against the world that young kids are going to live in. Because they're(we're) old and wise enough to see why things are the way they are, and the end result.

So just because they don't listen to your favorite rapper than its "them not doing enough"?

So now they gotta listen to Vic Mensa too? They gotta listen to all your **** just so they can listen to the stuff they want to?

Thats petty as ****.

Kids when we were young listened to **** that was forced down their throats. What the ******* difference? Because you don't like the **** thats being forced down? The system ain't no different now than it was back then.

These ****** making music don't mean a gotdamn thing past the few odd minutes their songs are on for. Those hundreds of black men and women out protesting for the respect and human rights of black people on the news over these past few years ain't rolling up blasting public enemy or ******* Vic Mensa. So the music they listen to has nothing to do with the state of the country.

Again, a lot of the "wack" rappers of today are not rappers.

They are pop artists.

Lil Yatchy is not a Rapper.

If you're upset that Hip-Hop culture is gravitating towards it then that's one thing, but y'all criticizing the state of mainstream rap when a lot of these ****** are not really rappers, they are straight up 100% pop acts. From the simplistic writing, the easy to digest fast food production, to the emphasis on image, to the overt use of melody, they are pop acts man.

At least that's how I view them. I can't call guys wack rappers if I don't even view them as rappers in the first place

They are rappers. They're not your traditional MCs, but they're rappers nonetheless. It doesn't really make sense to call them anything else.

The problem is the refusal of some folks to break Hip Hop down into subgenres. This idea that if it's not traditional rap music then it's pop doesn't really tell how Hip Hop has evolved (whether it's for better or for worse is another discussion). Everybody automatically gets compared to whoever the best traditional MCs are, and then from there a bunch of comparisons that don't make sense take place. Whoever said we're living in the era of "swag rap" is 100% right. That's what Uzi, Yachty, Thug, Rich The Kid, Dex etc make. They shouldn't be compared to Cole, Kendrick and whoever else is deemed the standard in Hip Hop.

:lol: when you disagree with the popular opinion amongst the people that claim to be hip hop heads you can't sit at the table. Comical

I'm not apologizing for anything. Hopefully there are more ppl my age that feel this way. We shouldn't have to praise and care about these old ****** just cuz.

I won't go as far as to say they're overrated. They both got some **** I like but yeah to act like you HAVE to care about these ****** because you like some type of rap.

It was annoying to me, because he played dumb and his argument didn't make sense.

because garbage rappers in the 80's were treated as such and weren't given the same respect. Who thought Rob Base was a great rapper? He had his lane, because he made party music. Nobody thought he was Rakim and how many records he sold didn't matter.

What Vlad did is like having a discussion about basketball not being as good today as it was in the 80's. And instead of having a legit sports debate, bringing up the 12th man on the Denver Nuggets to say...seeeeeee you had bad players then too. It wasn't a real debate by Vlad, it was just him playing dumb and trying to troll hoping RA would say something, so he could chop it up and edit it and have a big head line.

The fact that we know who Rob Base is (i actually don't) proves his point though

There were always trash rappers

The difference now is that social media allows them to extend their careers and people CHOOSE to continue to **** with them

Some of them fall off (when's the last Rich Homie Quan song u heard) like their predecessors

and Yachty has only been popping since february, he very well could be a nobody this time next year

but i don't see the point in being mad that the kids are CHOOSING to like this stuff...there are no more gatekeepers or music media to force it...they may have a hand in gaining visibility but no one is stopping people from listening to Yachty and Cole or Uzi and Kendrick (or even Vic or Badass)

Chance had one of the biggest projects of the year

Drake, although his rapping has regressed greatly from 11-13, he still throws you a few double entendres every now and then

Sean, Wale, etc.

It's funny the hip hop purists always talk about there being no balance anymore but it sounds like y'all want ****** to rap about the black plight 24/7 and never have fun

who are you mad at? kids for being kids and not trying to force themselves to like lyrical rap? if that's not what the youth wants then that's not what they want

move around y'all ****** old man :lol:

Last edited:
At what time up until recently were the trash rappers the majority of mainstream rap tho?? ... at what time would a Rob base album be ranked higher than a Rakim album? at what time would publications and media outlets show more love to the wack rapper instead of the skillful one?

There's a precedent today for rappers creating the most simplistic non original music to be heralded over the guys really making good music. nowadays i constantly hear someone say a song is being "too serious or lyrical" to be played on radio as if the only likable form of music is trap beats & whining.

This is the first time in rap history where a fan will look at a clearly inferior rapper and talent, and then in the next sentence say i don't wanna hear from the good rapper give me the trash. So yea there were wack rappers in the past, they had hits, they sold records.... they Were NEVER talked about in convos amongst who's the hottest out, who had the best projects of the year, who's shifting the culture... there was a clear distinction. nowadays that is completely gone.

EX: last year Complex labeled Rae Shremmord one of the best 3 projects of the year..... they had some great singles, but i'm almost sure nobody is giving that album spins a year later & they were given that over several other well developed and better artist.

you ever thought that people just want something new?

how many ways can i use big words to say i used to be broke or that the white man wronged me

has it been considered that kids just...don't give a **** about lyricism anymore? who can you be mad at for that? people like what they like

At what time up until recently were the trash rappers the majority of mainstream rap tho?? ... at what time would a Rob base album be ranked higher than a Rakim album? at what time would publications and media outlets show more love to the wack rapper instead of the skillful one?

There's a precedent today for rappers creating the most simplistic non original music to be heralded over the guys really making good music. nowadays i constantly hear someone say a song is being "too serious or lyrical" to be played on radio as if the only likable form of music is trap beats & whining.

This is the first time in rap history where a fan will look at a clearly inferior rapper and talent, and then in the next sentence say i don't wanna hear from the good rapper give me the trash. So yea there were wack rappers in the past, they had hits, they sold records.... they Were NEVER talked about in convos amongst who's the hottest out, who had the best projects of the year, who's shifting the culture... there was a clear distinction. nowadays that is completely gone.

EX: last year Complex labeled Rae Shremmord one of the best 3 projects of the year..... they had some great singles, but i'm almost sure nobody is giving that album spins a year later & they were given that over several other well developed and better artist.

also aren't you the one who always says something to the extent of trap rappers like Thug, Uzi and Yachty being only big on the internet and can't do real numbers?

which is it? are they only big on the internet or are they at the forefront of the genre?

why are you acting like Ye, Drake, Kendrick, Cole, Chance, etc. aren't still among the biggest artists of the genre while being lyrical?

It was annoying to me, because he played dumb and his argument didn't make sense.

because garbage rappers in the 80's were treated as such and weren't given the same respect. Who thought Rob Base was a great rapper? He had his lane, because he made party music. Nobody thought he was Rakim and how many records he sold didn't matter.

What Vlad did is like having a discussion about basketball not being as good today as it was in the 80's. And instead of having a legit sports debate, bringing up the 12th man on the Denver Nuggets to say...seeeeeee you had bad players then too. It wasn't a real debate by Vlad, it was just him playing dumb and trying to troll hoping RA would say something, so he could chop it up and edit it and have a big head line.

The fact that we know who Rob Base is (i actually don't) proves his point though

There were always trash rappers

The difference now is that social media allows them to extend their careers and people CHOOSE to continue to **** with them

Some of them fall off (when's the last Rich Homie Quan song u heard) like their predecessors

and Yachty has only been popping since february, he very well could be a nobody this time next year

but i don't see the point in being mad that the kids are CHOOSING to like this stuff...there are no more gatekeepers or music media to force it...they may have a hand in gaining visibility but no one is stopping people from listening to Yachty and Cole or Uzi and Kendrick (or even Vic or Badass)

Chance had one of the biggest projects of the year

Drake, although his rapping has regressed greatly from 11-13, he still throws you a few double entendres every now and then

Sean, Wale, etc.

It's funny the hip hop purists always talk about there being no balance anymore but it sounds like y'all want ****** to rap about the black plight 24/7 and never have fun

who are you mad at? kids for being kids and not trying to force themselves to like lyrical rap? if that's not what the youth wants then that's not what they want

move around y'all ****** old man :lol:

100% sure that is false

Never have wack clown show rappers been giving so much praise. Yes theres always been wack rappers but it wasn't this many and they had short lives. J Kwon would be looked as one of the best in this generation. Souja Boy would be even bigger if he was brand new right now. The Ying Yang Twins would be big right now.

Back then it was a understanding. Y'all clowns are over there y'all stay over there. Now they all the way in the game running wild.

there were always trash rappers who had successful careers

Soulja Boy could still be a platinum artist if he stayed in the lane of the Nellys and Rae Sremmurds and just focused on making hits instead of being a street *****

Soulja got some classics, I'm Bout tha stax, I done came up, pow freestyle, etc.

Nelly and Lil jon have no real reasons for being better than Lil yachty or Uzi other than the fact that you were smoking your first blunts and catching your first twerks to one group of artists and you were working in your mid 20's-early 30's being mad on NikeTalk for another group of artists

Rob Base was trash? :wow:

Theeee ****?

Not from the old school or from the new
Applaud or boo, do what you want to
Talk to me then try to put me down
We used to be cool now we don't hang around
Used to be friends but now we're foes
Ask me why, man, no one knows
Maybe jealousy between you and me
Could be the fame, could be the money
I'm goin' for mine and I don't really care
Cause the spotlight Rob Base don't share
I'm the headliner of this show
And you're just a kid and you need to grow, because

I listen to Future, Thug, Migos on a daily. 2 of the Migos can really rap while Quavo is great with hooks. Thug is real good with the melodies. Future is great with melodies and talking that ****.

These other clones... Fetty, Designer, Uzi, Yachty are trash. They're not good at anything.

Never have wack clown show rappers been giving so much praise. Yes theres always been wack rappers but it wasn't this many and they had short lives. J Kwon would be looked as one of the best in this generation. Souja Boy would be even bigger if he was brand new right now. The Ying Yang Twins would be big right now.

Back then it was a understanding. Y'all clowns are over there y'all stay over there. Now they all the way in the game running wild.

there were always trash rappers who had successful careers

Soulja Boy could still be a platinum artist if he stayed in the lane of the Nellys and Rae Sremmurds and just focused on making hits instead of being a street *****

Soulja got some classics, I'm Bout tha stax, I done came up, pow freestyle, etc.

Nelly and Lil jon have no real reasons for being better than Lil yachty or Uzi other than the fact that you were smoking your first blunts and catching your first twerks to one group of artists and you were working in your mid 20's-early 30's being mad on NikeTalk for another group of artists

You the same dude that thinks Yachty can rap bruh. :lol:

Yachty and Uzi are the Ying Yang Twins. Nobody in 2003 was saying "Ying Yang Twins can rap just listen". It's clown show rap. There's no good rapping coming from them dudes and they've basically admitted that in both of their hot97 interviews. And they voices are terrible.

100% sure that is false

So what fun artists do y'all ****** like?

What non lyrical ****** do y'all listen to?

I'm betting the only artist that's not really lyrical that a lot of you like is maaaaybe some Future cuts. Y'all dudes weird. :lol:

Future, Migos, Skippa Da Flippa, Riff Raff, Beatking, Mexico Rann, Juicy J, and some others. Even Soulja Boy has managed to make undeniably catchy stuff over the years, even when he's hijacking flows

Dudes are only mad at yachty uzi etc cuz they getting attention AND they trash...dude just mentioned riff raff who is also garbage but because he is not getting shine there's no reason to hate on him.

Don't get me wrong yachty trash just like uzi, but like ty was saying in another thread or maybe it was this one, you can't call them trash and then go be like "playboi carti :pimp: :pimp: he killed it" or "future never misses :smokin" :lol: if you gon be that prude old hip hop head then commit to that. Cuz those dudes are just as trash if not on the same level

Bruh drake goes right there with the new dudes :lol:. He's catchy and is good with melodies but except for talking that street **** he speaks the simp ****. Add a couple writing seminars, other dudes swags and a couple karaoke tracks u got him. Just like there wouldn't be a yatchy, uzi, future etc their wouldn't be him either. The kendrick/coles are in their own lane and are basically the only 2 mainstream dudes that are considered traditional hip hop. All the other dude fall into a subgenre of hip hop. Trap rap, swag rap, festival rap, pop rap etc.

All I have to say his happy birthday to Grandpa Future, on his 33rd birthday. N_ older than me, yet he be spitting the soundtrack for all these phony scammer and swiped dudes, he SUCKS

I only respect dudes 25 and younger who rap like that (Travis Scott, Uzi, Chief Keef, Durk, Herb/Bibby, Migos, Carti, etc, etc)

How in the he is Future 33 years of age, trying to rap and sound like these younger dudes. That is quite embarrassing, smh

Future is older than Wale, Cole, Kendrick, and Drake :lol:

Chris Weinke/Brandon Weeden faced boy :lol:

Last edited:
I listen to Future, Thug, Migos on a daily. 2 of the Migos can really rap while Quavo is great with hooks. Thug is real good with the melodies. Future is great with melodies and talking that ****.

These other clones... Fetty, Designer, Uzi, Yachty are trash. They're not good at anything.
You the same dude that thinks Yachty can rap bruh. :lol:

Yachty and Uzi are the Ying Yang Twins. Nobody in 2003 was saying "Ying Yang Twins can rap just listen". It's clown show rap. There's no good rapping coming from them dudes and they've basically admitted that in both of their hot97 interviews. And they voices are terrible.

In the sense of being able to rap he has some verses I like. Is he exceptionally lyrically gifted? No. But he has some fun verses I **** with.

Same for Ying Yang Twins. No one is putting them against Hov or Em and no one is putting Yachty against Kendrick or Cole. I'm just saying there's a place for fun music. If it's at the "forefront" of rap (whatever that means in a world where there is no music on cable television aside from award shows and more people stop listening to the radio everyday and the main place rap is digested is a platform where you can literally pick whatever the hell you want to look at), then it's because the consumer wants it there, no evil white man is forcing it on you.

Back
Top Bottom