***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

I mean Yachty is a rapper. He's just in the trash rapper/don't take serious/he's a clown show catergory where some fans like that.

Last edited:

Lol you would think biggie got long lost sons the way ppl put respek on his name. I could see Tupac. But I'll be damn if I ever heard a biggie song thats real like Tupac songs. Dude is the epitome of overrated
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Edit: I thought this was Dipset General
laugh.gif
mean.gif
laugh.gif

Bruh that VLAD interview was a straight Troll fest.

It was annoying to me, because he played dumb and his argument didn't make sense.

because garbage rappers in the 80's were treated as such and weren't given the same respect. Who thought Rob Base was a great rapper? He had his lane, because he made party music. Nobody thought he was Rakim and how many records he sold didn't matter.

What Vlad did is like having a discussion about basketball not being as good today as it was in the 80's. And instead of having a legit sports debate, bringing up the 12th man on the Denver Nuggets to say...seeeeeee you had bad players then too. It wasn't a real debate by Vlad, it was just him playing dumb and trying to troll hoping RA would say something, so he could chop it up and edit it and have a big head line.

It was annoying to me, because he played dumb and his argument didn't make sense.

because garbage rappers in the 80's were treated as such and weren't given the same respect. Who thought Rob Base was a great rapper? He had his lane, because he made party music. Nobody thought he was Rakim and how many records he sold didn't matter.

What Vlad did is like having a discussion about basketball not being as good today as it was in the 80's. And instead of having a legit sports debate, bringing up the 12th man on the Denver Nuggets to say...seeeeeee you had bad players then too. It wasn't a real debate by Vlad, it was just him playing dumb and trying to troll hoping RA would say something, so he could chop it up and edit it and have a big head line.

:smh: Basically. That is all Vlad is good for, bait traps for a nice headline.

Bruh that VLAD interview was a straight Troll fest.

The thing is....who the hell is acting like Yachty is Rakim ? Hell who even said he can rap? 

Y'all _'s create these false narratives on ya on and then proceed to tear em down 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Its like if I say I like a Yachty song I'm in some way insinuating he Top 5 Dead or Alive or some ******** 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
The thing is....who the hell is acting like Yachty is Rakim ? Hell who even said he can rap? 

Y'all _'s create this false narratives on ya on and then proceed to tear em down :lol: :smh:

Its like if I say I like a Yachty song I'm in some way insinuating he Top 5 Dead or Alive or some ******** :lol:  
FACTS

Fax.

Its all a game of favoritism. Rap is no different now. You got the 2016 Rob Bass' and the 2016 LL's... Old heads tear down these young guys but forget there were guys in that same lane back then. But since they sound different, its a penalty.

You can't compare Yachty to Rakim the same way you can't compare Rob Bass to Kendrick lamar

Yea I keep saying there has always been "wack" rappers. If you really want more traditional hip hop it's out there. Go support it.

That get mad because the "wack" rapper puts out 3 tapes a year. And the traditional rapper puts out 1 tape and maybe a album every 2.

At what time up until recently were the trash rappers the majority of mainstream rap tho?? ... at what time would a Rob base album be ranked higher than a Rakim album? at what time would publications and media outlets show more love to the wack rapper instead of the skillful one?

There's a precedent today for rappers creating the most simplistic non original music to be heralded over the guys really making good music. nowadays i constantly hear someone say a song is being "too serious or lyrical" to be played on radio as if the only likable form of music is trap beats & whining.

This is the first time in rap history where a fan will look at a clearly inferior rapper and talent, and then in the next sentence say i don't wanna hear from the good rapper give me the trash. So yea there were wack rappers in the past, they had hits, they sold records.... they Were NEVER talked about in convos amongst who's the hottest out, who had the best projects of the year, who's shifting the culture... there was a clear distinction. nowadays that is completely gone.

EX: last year Complex labeled Rae Shremmord one of the best 3 projects of the year..... they had some great singles, but i'm almost sure nobody is giving that album spins a year later & they were given that over several other well developed and better artist.

Last edited:

Y'all _'s create these false narratives on ya on and then proceed to tear em down :lol: :smh:

Its like if I say I like a Yachty song I'm in some way insinuating he Top 5 Dead or Alive or some ******** :lol:  

Rob Base knew his position and would have never dissed Grandmaster Caz and Melle Mel

and his young fanbase would have never said some of the stuff you guys say about "old guys"

Yea I keep saying there has always been "wack" rappers. If you really want more traditional hip hop it's out there. Go support it.

That get mad because the "wack" rapper puts out 3 tapes a year. And the traditional rapper puts out 1 tape and maybe a album every 2.

Probably because it takes less effort to say nothing in your lyrics.

At what time up until recently were the trash rappers the majority of mainstream rap tho?? ... at what time would a Rob base album be ranked higher than a Rakim album? at what time would publications and media outlets show more love to the wack rapper instead of the skillful one?

There's a precedent today for rappers creating the most simplistic non original music to be heralded over the guys really making good music. nowadays i constantly hear someone say a song is being "too serious or lyrical" to be played on radio as if the only likable form of music is trap beats & whining.

This is the first time in rap history where a fan will look at a clearly inferior rapper and talent, and then in the next sentence say i don't wanna hear from the good rapper give me the trash. So yea there were wack rappers in the past, they had hits, they sold records.... they Were NEVER talked about in convos amongst who's the hottest out, who had the best projects of the year, who's shifting the culture... there was a clear distinction. nowadays that is completely gone.

I don't understand how hard it is to see this

Last edited:

EX: last year Complex labeled Rae Shremmord one of the best 3 projects of the year..... they had some great singles, but i'm almost sure nobody is giving that album spins a year later & they were given that over several other well developed and better artist.

That's huge right there. There's always been wack rappers, but they weren't at the forefront of the genre, practically bombarding it. They were balanced out by various acts that could provide something. As much as technology/social media has made everything readily available to chose, it's also done a very good job of watering down everything.

Last edited:
It's because these "wack" rappers literally never disappear. They're out here grinding put out project after project feeding their fans...

And of course it takes more effort and creativity to put out quality music. But dudes like Kendrick and Cole and all of them literally disappear at times. Just for example look at Jay. Put out a album damn near every year from 96' to 04'. These dudes not put out music every year like that.

And what's supposed to be on the radio? A 2 year old Kendrick Lamar song? It's a different time. It was way harder for wack rappers to get exposure than it is today.

Don't get it wrong I'm with you guys wishing it was more quality and that the better rappers get more exposure. But I look at it like if you're not getting exposure it's simply because you're not trying.

Also just because a dude can't rap doesn't mean he's not saying something. These new dudes are talking about exactly what's going on in these neighborhoods. And that's why the youngins ******* with them. They're talking about what's really going on out here.

Last edited:

Bro, I repped you cause I feel what you saying but...

Y'all say this type of stuff every time and every time I'm left wondering wtf this has to do with Yachty and co? 

You acting like these ****** up in the complex offices penning this **** themselves. Even if they were, who the **** cares what Complex rates as the one of the 3 best projects of the year? You think dudes on Okayplayer waiting for the Complex top 50 albums of 2016 list to drop? 

The irony is, _'s giving credence to ******** articles and lists written by NYC transplant hipsters at XYZ publication is what helped create the very same climate you're complaining about 
mean.gif

This has nothing to do with the rappers and everything to do with the media, corporations, etc. All of these _'s could drop off the earth tomorrow and **** is still not gonna change because the labels and corporations still gonna be running everything. Mainstream rap will change when they want it to change, period.

The harsh truth is, the _'s we worship sold our culture out to corporations for pennies on the dollar and now we dealing with the consequences. 

Y'all _'s create these false narratives on ya on and then proceed to tear em down 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Its like if I say I like a Yachty song I'm in some way insinuating he Top 5 Dead or Alive or some ******** 
laugh.gif

Rob Base knew his position and would have never dissed Grandmaster Caz and Melle Mel

and his young fanbase would have never said some of the stuff you guys say about "old guys"
Knew his position 
laugh.gif

We talking about one of the most rebellious genres of music out there and y'all mad because a _ don't wanna abide by some arbitrary rules made up by some _'s that have no effect on his career or pockets.

We constantly talking about rappers being fake and then a young _ keep it 100 and all of a sudden he outtaline cause it ain't what you wanna hear. Boy I tell ya 
laugh.gif

No Rae srem slander. Their 1st album still gets spins. If I ever throw a party I'm just gonna load every song they ever made into a Playlist and let it ride.

Never have wack clown show rappers been giving so much praise. Yes theres always been wack rappers but it wasn't this many and they had short lives. J Kwon would be looked as one of the best in this generation. Souja Boy would be even bigger if he was brand new right now. The Ying Yang Twins would be big right now.

Back then it was a understanding. Y'all clowns are over there y'all stay over there. Now they all the way in the game running wild.

It's because there's a new generation of listeners.

I don't know any person who likes future and Kodak but doesn't like Kendrick/ cole. It's only these "real hip hop" dudes who love to exile the other side

Every person I know that likes these "wack rappers" also likes the same guys a lot of you would consider the "good rappers"

It seems like these "trash rapper" fans have more of an open mind than these "gate keepers"

We're in the age of party feel good rap. That's the front running sound of the genre right now. The slaughterhouse, punch line, kick snare sound isn't what's making money right now. Just have to live with it or turn off your radio..

Last edited:
Never have wack clown show rappers been giving so much praise. Yes theres always been wack rappers but it wasn't this many and they had short lives. J Kwon would be looked as one of the best in this generation. Souja Boy would be even bigger if he was brand new right now. The Ying Yang Twins would be big right now.

Back then it was a understanding. Y'all clowns are over there y'all stay over there. Now they all the way in the game running wild.

It's always been this many "wack rappers" bro the only thing that's changed is who the powers that be choose to scoop up, push, get behind, etc

Not sure what understanding you talking about either :lol: the only thing the ****** sitting up in them offices understand is MONEY, they could give a **** about a what we call a culture. If they think you're marketable and can make some money they're ******* with you.

Seems like y'all dudes would rather rally together to tear down a slave instead of pointing your attention to the slave master who created the whole situation

This type of mindset is why in 2016 _'s still running in droves to the labels for a quick bag soon as they get the slightest buzz and then be mad 1-2 years later after they been on the shelf like Saigon cause they don't wanna do ******** R&B radio singles

Last edited:
We know the labels heads will push BS but again wack rappers ain't have real bases till now. People think Yachty can rap. :lol:

_'s back then was not saying "aye man jkwon is nice, you just gotta listen"

The bar is low as a MFer now. People don't the difference between a good rapper and somebody that's just catchy. It's definitely way more trash rappers now than 90'- early 00's.

Last edited:
It's because there's a new generation of listeners.

I don't know any person who likes future and Kodak but doesn't like Kendrick/ cole. It's only these "real hip hop" dudes who love to exile the other side

Every person I know that likes these "wack rappers" also likes the same guys a lot of you would consider the "good rappers"

It seems like these "trash rapper" fans have more of an open mind than these "gate keepers"

We're in the age of party feel good rap. That's the front running sound of the genre right now. The slaughterhouse, punch line, kick snare sound isn't what's making money right now. Just have to live with it or turn off your radio..

I don't hear the same people listening to that mumble **** big uppin Vic Mensa. You mentioning Cole or Kendrick is like mentioning Jay-Z or Kanye. So basically you're saying that kids today listen to anything that's popular or shoved down their throats.

As ****** up as this country is, "we're in the age or party feel good rap." Think about that. And is it being used as an escape or being pushed. But keep thinking it's free will.

Yet the old dudes, Tribe, Crooked I, TI are the ones trying to fight against the world that young kids are going to live in. Because they're(we're) old and wise enough to see why things are the way they are, and the end result.

Knew his position :lol:

We talking about one of the most rebellious genres of music out there and y'all mad because a _ don't wanna abide by some arbitrary rules made up by some _'s that have no effect on his career or pockets.

We constantly talking about rappers being fake and then a young _ keep it 100 and all of a sudden he outtaline cause it ain't what you wanna hear. Boy I tell ya :lol:  

What are you talking about?

I'm talking about he knew his lane. That was his niche. The same way it was Kid N Play or Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince.

Just like Cole has his lane now. The same way Jeezy does.

Read the whole thing before you respond, and then try to understand it.

What's rebellious about the music today? What's rebellious about mumbling? What's shocking, threatening and rebellious about Desiigner or Lil Uzi Vert? White people are threatened by Future's message to drug and kill yourself?

Who repped this man? I don't say outlandish nonsense like that.

@MrWavez You cool wit' me but to call Christopher Wallace overrated is flat out disrespectful. You gotta' go back and listen to "Ready to Die" & "Life After Death" front to back. No skips. Frank White was a master of ceremonies.
I'm saying, yo. The hate on this forum is real. My goodness gracious :smh:

:lol: when you disagree with the popular opinion amongst the people that claim to be hip hop heads you can't sit at the table. Comical

I'm not apologizing for anything. Hopefully there are more ppl my age that feel this way. We shouldn't have to praise and care about these old ****** just cuz.

Co-signed & repped on the realness....

I understood some of what he was trying to say at the beginning

Older people in the 80's thought it was garbage, because there was no melody or harmony and they just looked at it as talking. Without trying to understand what was being said. That happen with every new genre.

People now are complaining about building on the genre and dudes literally saying nothing and not trying to say anything. That's a different argument. Because within genres there is a backlash on change, that's happen throughout history. Rock fans didn't have a backlash against metal or the hair bands? Why? Because it wasn't what they considered rock. The same way many of you don't know this argument isn't anything new.

He's not knowledgeable enough to have some of these arguments. Like the one he had about Tupac. Tupac didn't just go to a march, post a meme, he literally risked his freedom and life for what he believed by trying to help out another man. Learn about someone before you say they're overrated and what they did is overblown. That's the problem a lot of us have with young people, how dismissive many of you are in learning. That the world revolves around you and your age demographic. That quickly changes, and we're wise enough to know and have experienced it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom