***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

"I thought I told you characters, I'm not a rapper" - Jay Z, circa 15 years ago :lol:

A bunch of other rappers have and were saying this back then too, as with a lot of this **** tho, it's only a difference when it's coming from somebody you don't like.

As far as dudes saying they never listened to Biggie and Pac, _'s like Yachty weren't even alive when Pac died bruh :lol: For somebody late 20s that would be outta line but cmon man some of these dudes were still in elementary for the 10 year anniversaries of Big and Pacs deaths its not that far fetched for them to not be that interested

Yes Mostly every rapper Came in to make money, but your not gonna sit here and tell me jay doesn't Care about the rap culture. He's ****** obsessive with sharpening his skills and putting out good material.

I get that these kids may not have been alive & may not know some of the classics cool, but these dudes don't give a **** about making good music at all. Like the laziness of dudes is crazy.

You literally have dudes walking into the booth saying the first thing that comes to mind and calling it a song. Said artist drops 3-4 projects a year with no direction, no message, no thought into it & people will say he's a "hard worker" If All artist just went in and didn't care about the end result then i'm sure they could also drop that # of projects.

"I thought I told you characters, I'm not a rapper" - Jay Z, circa 15 years ago :lol:

A bunch of other rappers have and were saying this back then too, as with a lot of this **** tho, it's only a difference when it's coming from somebody you don't like.

As far as dudes saying they never listened to Biggie and Pac, _'s like Yachty weren't even alive when Pac died bruh :lol: For somebody late 20s that would be outta line but cmon man some of these dudes were still in elementary for the 10 year anniversaries of Big and Pacs deaths its not that far fetched for them to not be that interested

So we're comparing yatchy to Jay cause Jay said "he's not a rapper" just to further push his mafioso drug dealer shtick :lol:

These dudes are LITERALLY not rappers b come on

BIG and Pac legends though.

How you a "rapper" and never listened to a BIG or Pac verse?

Thats like gettin into the league now and sayin you never seen a Jordan highlight.

FOH.
music is subjective though everyone is not gonna like big and PAC dudes need to get over it ol back in my day *** dudes .... and we gonna sit here and act old heads wasn't saying the same thing to us in the early 2000''s ... a lot of ya just can't handle change and think there era was the best

You acting like these dudes aren't pushing a shtick the same exact way tho :lol:

Yachty could know 15 BIG songs front to back but that's not gonna go viral all over social media like him saying he can't name 5 BIG songs will. Yeah it make might the older ****** mad but the older ****** aren't the ones cashing out on iTunes, show tickets, overpriced merch, etc

Jeezy actually is a perfect example of someone literally not being a rapper at first, and then working on their craft to get better. Musically Jeezy has jumped dimensions from his early days. He understood after awhile that he had a voice for a certain demographic and expanded on it & grew it.

You acting like these dudes aren't pushing a shtick the same exact way tho :lol:

Yachty could know 15 BIG songs front to back but that's not gonna go viral all over social media like him saying he can't name 5 BIG songs will. Yeah it make might the older ****** mad but the older ****** aren't the ones cashing out on iTunes, show tickets, overpriced merch, etc

The vultures are the ones putting money in these guys pockets.

I get it young ****** just want to make money, they don't really have a love or appreciation for the music. That's always been around in hiphop. The thing was nobody was looking at that like it's the cool thing to do. If it worked fine the trash ****** got their spins & left. Nobody blinked an eye.

This new wave of rappers is making hiphop culture easier and easier to replicate & become disposable & they not seeing the bigger picture. If the hiphop world continues to advocate for talentless ****** using rap for money, it's gonna get to a point where another genre will begin to take place because hiphop will no longer be interested.

Not defending yatchy but son was born in like 97. I can 100% understand how he hasn't heard big and pac, my baby bro never heard em nor cared too. As the years go by, we will see more of this. Camel is head honcho to most of these younger dudes that I talk to because he was on top when they were growing up.

I get it young ****** just want to make money, they don't really have a love or appreciation for the music. That's always been around in hiphop. The thing was nobody was looking at that like it's the cool thing to do. If it worked fine the trash ****** got their spins & left. Nobody blinked an eye.

This new wave of rappers is making hiphop culture easier and easier to replicate & become disposable & they not seeing the bigger picture. If the hiphop world continues to advocate for talentless ****** using rap for money, it's gonna get to a point where another genre will begin to take place because hiphop will no longer be interested.

I feel you. My thing is tho I can't really blame the rappers when the corporations are the ones running the genre.

If I start rapping tomorrow and I suck but a label wanna sign me should I turn down the deal because I'm making rap "easier to replicate" even tho I got the chance to change my life as well as my family's?

Hip Hop is a living breathing thing, some **** is gonna stay the same but A LOT of **** is gonna change. A big portion of Wu's bread over the years has come from people who we would now call vultures, white hipsters, etc

Now the 2016 version of these types wanna hear less boom bap and more Yachty, Uzi, etc it is what it is

Edit: Ghost actually just hopped on the Rich Ch**** remix :lol:

If ****** like him don't care about what **** like that is doing to the culture why should some young broke ***** making music at his homie house care?

Last edited:
I feel you. My thing is tho I can't really blame the rappers when the corporations are the ones running the genre.

If I start rapping tomorrow and I suck but a label wanna sign me should I turn down the deal because I'm making rap "easier to replicate" even tho I got the chance to change my life as well as my family's?

Hip Hop is a living breathing thing, some **** is gonna stay the same but A LOT of **** is gonna change. A big portion of Wu's bread over the years has come from people who we would now call vultures, white hipsters, etc

Now the 2016 version of these types wanna hear less boom bap and more Yachty, Uzi, etc it is what it is

Edit: Ghost actually just hopped on the Rich Ch**** remix :lol:

And this is where i get upset at all the let kids be kids and cosigning that a lot of OG's do instead of just saying the music is average & not entertaining. I can't fault a kid for trying to make some legal bread any way possible but when you have dudes with immense talent actually cosigning ******** like it's hot it pushes things further and further.

The corporations take advantage and sell it but they didn't make this change by themselves, it was mostly these vultures you talked about who have been given a voice to choose what's considered hot in the culture. There's very little inclusion of various cultures in these corporations like Vice, Complex, Fader etc etc. and those always seem to be the people propelling and championing a lot of the lower quality ****.

"I'm not a rapper I just want the bread"

"I never listened to a big or pac song and idc"

"Drake is the greatest ever"

These type of comments would've got your **** pushed in with absolutely no chance of making a dime in rap 15+ years ago. The kids who got swirlies and wedgies in high school are now the "relevant" types. N_s always want to talk some "culture" **** but be the first ones to put a ***** on a pedestal who not even from that

Naaaahh man. I wasn't alive when Marvin Gaye died but I know that mans music. I was only 4 when the Chronic dropped but I know that **** front to back. And it's waaaaayyyy easier to listen and do your research now. Back then you had to buy the album. These lil _'s can go to youtube and listen to whatever. A lot of 'em just don't care about the culture. If it ain't come out before 2007 they don't care. They're just following whatever is hot.

Jeezy actually is a perfect example of someone literally not being a rapper at first, and then working on their craft to get better. Musically Jeezy has jumped dimensions from his early days. He understood after awhile that he had a voice for a certain demographic and expanded on it & grew it.

Ross is another example, a better example matter fact.

I would say the Lil B craze started this but even he had a few good songs. We gotta draw the line somewhere. Lil Trashy and Uzi Chirp gotta go. I mean the Migos ain't deep either but at least they can actually rap, they got flows and Quavo got the melodies on lock.

I would say the Lil B craze started this but even he had a few good songs. We gotta draw the line somewhere. Lil Trashy and Uzi Chirp gotta go. I mean the Migos ain't deep either but at least they can actually rap, they got flows and Quavo got the melodies on lock.

If the Migos can rap to you then Uzi can too since hes really not that far from them in that. Yachty on the other hand tho :x

That's your opinion and all, but I disagree. Offset = Quavo = Takeoff in terms of rapping/lyrical ability. Quavo is just blessed by a higher power with the melodies. :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom