Official Boston Celtics Season Thread vol. Banner 18 or Bust

Ray is one of my top 5 favorite players of all time so I'll def have mixed feelings if he's traded.

I've read the rumors about Augustin, Hinrich, and Martin.

I'm not a Martin fan and never will be. Just not convinced no matter how much he scores.

If we can get Iguodala, Augustin, Hinrich or Tyrus Thomas, or a combination thereof, I'll be happy.

It will max the team's chances this year and lays the foundation for the next few years.

Danny knows he's gotta do something, though. I'd be utterly shocked if he does nothing.

Ray Allen stayed back at the team hotel with back spasms tonight, leading to yet another Tony Allen appearance in the starting lineup.
With the Feb. 18 trade deadline looming, it was easy to surmise that Allen – the subject of several trade rumors – had just been shipped out.

“Yeah, I was thinking of opening by announcing a trade tonight,’’ joked Rivers. “But Ray had trouble moving in shootaround today, and when he got back to the hotel he could barely move. But we’ll just keep moving on. We’re used to it. He couldn’t play if he wanted to.

“The good thing now is that he’ll have four or five days (during the all-star break) to rest it.’’

Who knows...

Very sketchy all of a sudden... In any case, Heinrich blows so I'll take Tony Allen's bum #%% in the starting lineup over him. But we'll see what happens. No excuse to be losing to the Hornets.

It's been absolutely painful to watch the Celtics' "offense" lately. They don't even bother running their sets anymore; everyone just stands around.

Originally Posted by JD617

It's been absolutely painful to watch the Celtics' "offense" lately. They don't even bother running their sets anymore; everyone just stands around.
We #%@^@ blow right now. The offense is horrendous and Doc seriously better get his resume ready. We had another double digit lead lost in the 3rd quarter, scoring TWELVE points and playing horrendous D. This team needs a shakeup. Sick of watching this garbage.

Damn.  This hurts a lot more than watching the original Big 3 get old.  These guys are playing like they don't give a #!@%. 

When did Doc finally realize that Eddie couldn't stay in the same zip code as Darren Collison? I think it was the 5:50 mark of the 4th.

Yea, Doc sleeping at the wheel lately isn't helping. House has to be booted from the rotation. He is so bad at defense that he has to be scorching hot to match the production of the guy he is covering. Doc just watches these 20-3 type runs and has that smug look on his face. I'm tired of it.

Pierce ain't right since that knee drainage. He has been tearing up the first half and then not good in the second.

Originally Posted by thejrob

Bill Simmons is goin off on the Celts on twitter
Link?

I am really really disappointed in the way Doc has handled things. This is all the result of Doc running the big 3 into the ground, and failing to make adjustments when needed. Pierce has 8 turnovers, Sheed keeps up his Antoine impersonation, and the 3rd quarter being the Celtic nightmare. I bet even Tommy would curse out Doc right now.

This team better find answers quick. At this point, a 1st round exit is certainly possible.

Daniels was by far our best player tonight and Doc yanks him for Tony Allen in crunch time. He does stuff like this all the time. Also, to start the 3rd it seems like our strategy is to feed Perk for some reason. Perk is garbage in the post with single coverage. He needs to let Rondo run wild like Nash or Parker.

Didn't see tonights game.

But what do you think we are?

A: Just not that good
B: Coasting, we'll turn it on in the playoffs and make the ECF.

Hopefully the All-Star break will snap the C's outta this funk, if you can even still call it a funk? Been going on for a while now...

Another loss huh. I guess it's BUST!!! Hey Celtics fans watch the two premier teams of the Eastern Conference Feb. 11 at 8pm est. Only on TNT!!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

Didn't see tonights game.

But what do you think we are?

A: Just not that good
B: Coasting, we'll turn it on in the playoffs and make the ECF.
Mix of both. The team is beating people by double digits it seems every game. Then they just turn it off in the 3rd quarter. It's an every game pattern.

This team started off the season winning its first 5 games by an average of 20+ points, and beat the Cavs. It's not a lack of talent.

I was at the game last night. I can't tell whether KG is playing possum or legitimately just that old and creaky now.

Also, you can definitely see, it's like that rec league team that makes the finals every year. Everybody knows they have the best players, they know it, it's all guys who've been playing for years, except the one or two young guys who play balls to the wall the whole game (Rondo), but sometimes they just say "efff It."

pisses me off.

Part of me believes they might be coasting til playoffs time. How else could you go from winning games by 20 points to losing double digit leads every night?

just watching the TNT game right now.. and just reminded of us last year at this exact time. We were on TNT vs the Mavs, down big going into the fourth. The team always put up a fight and we were down big going into either halftime or the fourth quarter (?), and the team coulda said $@@* it and caved it in for the All Star break (which would almost be expected, being the number 1 seed in the east), but we put together a great road comback with Pierce battling Dirk and scoring 15 pts in the 4th quarer. The team this year has a completely different feel than last years team at this time.

They sure do. No one steps up. Disorganized offensive sets, lazy sloppy play, no one blocking out, and a bunch of guys standing around. It's old and coaching is the main culprit. Larry Legend once said that after 3 years, players tune out the coach. I think we're seeing this with Doc.

Eddie is packing his bags. It always sucks to see a key member of a championship team leave, but Nate is obviously an upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom