OFFICIAL: BOSTON BRUINS 2011 STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!!

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Originally Posted by Proshares

Then you've either never had a concussion or dealt with anyone who has had one. They have multiple different degrees of concussions and every player deals with them differently and takes different times to recover. It's an extremely serious injury and the Penguins as well as the Penguins doctors are taking their time with his recover and rightly so. And if a doctor isn't clearing him for contact, you bet your #$# he's not getting on the ice. Head injuries are always extremely tricky to deal with.

And why should he be forced to retire? Because YOU deem it necessary? Players in a lot of sports have come back from lengthy concussion related injuries from longer than Sid has been out and have had success. Just look at Justin Morneau.

I think you're letting w/e blind hate you have for Sid corrupt your thinking or you're on the wrong side of being a fanatic.
im a sensationalist sure but sids my 2nd favorite player... quit assuming things son...

ive had several concussions... ive been around contact sports at every level and have seen serious concussions many of times... if 5 months later... ur more apt to reinjure urself what difference is the 6 month...

my point remains... if it takes half a year for ur brain to heal ur better off not playing professional hockey... any MD in the country would agree w/ me

because hes the best player on the planet you guys dont wanna hear me out... at this point he should be playing or not... the longer he stays in limbo the more tenative he we will be and the more inclined his career is to go the way of Lindross and Savard...

ur obv entitled to disagree but im right...

I would have never guessed! 
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Then you've either never had a concussion or dealt with anyone who has had one. They have multiple different degrees of concussions and every player deals with them differently and takes different times to recover. It's an extremely serious injury and the Penguins as well as the Penguins doctors are taking their time with his recover and rightly so. And if a doctor isn't clearing him for contact, you bet your #$# he's not getting on the ice. Head injuries are always extremely tricky to deal with.

And why should he be forced to retire? Because YOU deem it necessary? Players in a lot of sports have come back from lengthy concussion related injuries from longer than Sid has been out and have had success. Just look at Justin Morneau.

I think you're letting w/e blind hate you have for Sid corrupt your thinking or you're on the wrong side of being a fanatic.
im a sensationalist sure but sids my 2nd favorite player... quit assuming things son...

ive had several concussions... ive been around contact sports at every level and have seen serious concussions many of times... if 5 months later... ur more apt to reinjure urself what difference is the 6 month...

my point remains... if it takes half a year for ur brain to heal ur better off not playing professional hockey... any MD in the country would agree w/ me

because hes the best player on the planet you guys dont wanna hear me out... at this point he should be playing or not... the longer he stays in limbo the more tenative he we will be and the more inclined his career is to go the way of Lindross and Savard...

ur obv entitled to disagree but im right...

I would have never guessed! 
eek.gif

You're definitely incorrect in almost all of that but I'll agree to disagree. You're not changing your mind and neither am I.

You're definitely incorrect in almost all of that but I'll agree to disagree. You're not changing your mind and neither am I.

nah homes ive even done independent research for a college project... whether it be 2 months or 4 months or 10 months the risks are still there, there is litterally no information out there that supports the theory of after X amount of time the risk is absolved...

do your own homework tho, im jus sick of being fed BS about when he will or wont come back

I was originally on the soapbox saying sit him.. even before the Hedman hit but after a few months and with symptom free skating you either gotta sink or swim

I pray he comes back the same but im not very optimistic anymore that hell stay healthy for any sustained length of time

nah homes ive even done independent research for a college project... whether it be 2 months or 4 months or 10 months the risks are still there, there is litterally no information out there that supports the theory of after X amount of time the risk is absolved...

do your own homework tho, im jus sick of being fed BS about when he will or wont come back

I was originally on the soapbox saying sit him.. even before the Hedman hit but after a few months and with symptom free skating you either gotta sink or swim

I pray he comes back the same but im not very optimistic anymore that hell stay healthy for any sustained length of time

You're a disgrace to all true Penguins fans. It's people like you who make our fan base such a target. I don't know what's more idiotic, the fact that you actually typed all of the bs that you have in here or the fact that you actually believe it.

You're a disgrace to all true Penguins fans. It's people like you who make our fan base such a target. I don't know what's more idiotic, the fact that you actually typed all of the bs that you have in here or the fact that you actually believe it.

laugh.gif
Lindros, Gagne, Primeau Flyers have bad history with it.

anyway seems like Sabers over Flyers is a popular upset pick. Can't blame them since they brought it on themselves. I think we'll see a better Flyers even if Pronger doesn't play.

laugh.gif
Lindros, Gagne, Primeau Flyers have bad history with it.

anyway seems like Sabers over Flyers is a popular upset pick. Can't blame them since they brought it on themselves. I think we'll see a better Flyers even if Pronger doesn't play.

Originally Posted by Son of Troy

laugh.gif
I love intelligent responses like this when i take the time to clarify why I feel a certain way, support it with FACTS then this guys comes n on his high horse spewing nonsense... Pens fans are targets because their fans are unsure of their superstars future? O i forgot blind optimism was a pre requisite for Pen fandom... FOH and come back when u have sumthin worthwhile to read

back in the beginning of Feb. Puck Daddy had an article about how redic all the reports were... this was over 2 months ago... how far have we come? hes skating with the team again... HOORAY

hey I have a good idea lets not let him play at game speed until the playoffs... im sure hell have no problem adjusting
alien.gif

Stop with the condescending attitudes too "o its a brain injury u can never be to cautious" DUHHHH that doesnt change the fact that its been 5 months!

If ur going to error on the side of caution then why ever play again? ur at a significatnly greater risk now... THIS is my point... were talking about minimizing risk not absolving it
if he can play he should play by now or give it up... if he sits out the entire year hes likely to be Lindross 2.0 (no this doesnt make me the worst pens fan ever either... compare the two)

laugh.gif
I love intelligent responses like this when i take the time to clarify why I feel a certain way, support it with FACTS then this guys comes n on his high horse spewing nonsense... Pens fans are targets because their fans are unsure of their superstars future? O i forgot blind optimism was a pre requisite for Pen fandom... FOH and come back when u have sumthin worthwhile to read

back in the beginning of Feb. Puck Daddy had an article about how redic all the reports were... this was over 2 months ago... how far have we come? hes skating with the team again... HOORAY

hey I have a good idea lets not let him play at game speed until the playoffs... im sure hell have no problem adjusting
alien.gif

Stop with the condescending attitudes too "o its a brain injury u can never be to cautious" DUHHHH that doesnt change the fact that its been 5 months!

If ur going to error on the side of caution then why ever play again? ur at a significatnly greater risk now... THIS is my point... were talking about minimizing risk not absolving it
if he can play he should play by now or give it up... if he sits out the entire year hes likely to be Lindross 2.0 (no this doesnt make me the worst pens fan ever either... compare the two)

laugh.gif
I love intelligent responses like this when i take the time to clarify why I feel a certain way, support it with FACTS then this guys comes n on his high horse spewing nonsense..>

You're a tool because you come in here ranting when nobody cares how you feel. You're going to disown Crosby if he doesn't suit up and play gtfohwtbs. I didn't come in here on a high horse at all. I just wanted to point out how stupid you sound.

laugh.gif
I love intelligent responses like this when i take the time to clarify why I feel a certain way, support it with FACTS then this guys comes n on his high horse spewing nonsense..>

You're a tool because you come in here ranting when nobody cares how you feel. You're going to disown Crosby if he doesn't suit up and play gtfohwtbs. I didn't come in here on a high horse at all. I just wanted to point out how stupid you sound.

laugh.gif
jewseejay...cmon man
laugh.gif

it's one thing if you don't respect some of sid's whining...but the concussion? cmon. marc savard, case and point. don't even bring up max pax on montreal...that was NOT a broken neck and NOT a severe concussion. dude was in a movie theater two days later laughing it up. that was all played up to aid in the chara criminal investigation
laugh.gif

but my first round picks:
caps - 5 games
sabres (sorry philballa, just got that feeling) - 6 games
bruins - 6 games
lightning - 7 games

blackhawks - 7 games
sharks - 5 games
wings - 4 games
ducks - 5 games

laugh.gif
jewseejay...cmon man
laugh.gif

it's one thing if you don't respect some of sid's whining...but the concussion? cmon. marc savard, case and point. don't even bring up max pax on montreal...that was NOT a broken neck and NOT a severe concussion. dude was in a movie theater two days later laughing it up. that was all played up to aid in the chara criminal investigation
laugh.gif

but my first round picks:
caps - 5 games
sabres (sorry philballa, just got that feeling) - 6 games
bruins - 6 games
lightning - 7 games

blackhawks - 7 games
sharks - 5 games
wings - 4 games
ducks - 5 games

Back
Top Bottom