OFFICIAL: BOSTON BRUINS 2011 STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!!

That time of year when all the Warriors fans switch their colors to the teal and white
laugh.gif

My picks that are sure to all be wrong:

NYR over WSH in 6 or 7.  I hate the Rangers with every fiber of my being.  That said, I don't see them losing this series.  Henrik will carry them and you all know how Drury goes in the playoffs and he looks close to 100%.  I think WSH got a raw deal here.

Sabres over PHI in 6.  I don't think Pronger comes back fully healthy and Philly isn't sneaking up on anyone this year.

Bruins over MTL in 6.  I think it's going to be a high scoring series.  Pretty sure we'll see Rask at least start one game.

Pitt over TB in 5 or 6.  The PK and MAC will kill TB.  St. Louis is the only consistent threat for me, I see Vinny choke all the time when the light shines on him and I see Stamkos disappear for LONG periods of time.  Blysma's turned this team into a version of the Devils.

CHI over Canucks in 7.  Could go either way.  Need to see it from Luongo against Chicago to believe it *shrugs*

SJ over LA in 5.  Sucks that Kopitar is out.  Kings can't score and Niemi has been on fire since January.

Phoenix over DET in 7.  They took em to 7 w/o Doan, I think they get over the hump w/their captain this year.  Jovocop back as well.  Losing Zetterberg hurts.

NSH over ANH in 7.  Putting my money on Weber and Suter shutting down the Ducks top line and Rinne doing the rest.

How did I miss this thread? Been posting in the regular season one. 
indifferent.gif

First B0rn, you already know I'm in.

It's just sad that if we win, one NT'er will have to change, but the Hawks win, you'll have 4 or 5 of us rocking Hawks (shudder) avy and sigs. 
laugh.gif

CHI over Canucks in 7.  Could go either way.  Need to see it from Luongo against Chicago to believe it *shrugs*

Proshares, you're cool +++@ and all, but

watchyourstep.gif

How did I miss this thread? Been posting in the regular season one. 
indifferent.gif

First B0rn, you already know I'm in.

It's just sad that if we win, one NT'er will have to change, but the Hawks win, you'll have 4 or 5 of us rocking Hawks (shudder) avy and sigs. 
laugh.gif

Proshares, you're cool +++@ and all, but

watchyourstep.gif

if Crosby doesnt play im done with him... he can be the best player n the world all he wants but I will NEVER respect him if he doesnt suit up for Tampa

dont care if its "managements decision" if he doesnt find a way to be on the ice itsa wrap... sitting out a game 7 because of a mild knee sprain was bad enough

fool me once...

if Crosby doesnt play im done with him... he can be the best player n the world all he wants but I will NEVER respect him if he doesnt suit up for Tampa

dont care if its "managements decision" if he doesnt find a way to be on the ice itsa wrap... sitting out a game 7 because of a mild knee sprain was bad enough

fool me once...

Would anyone in here be able to make me an avy? Please? I had one under my old name, but it got banned. I'd just want the same one with new initials: ESF
eca1574b8733cbe219754d5ddac08542d15045a_t.gif

I can provide the vid if needed. 
ohwell.gif

Would anyone in here be able to make me an avy? Please? I had one under my old name, but it got banned. I'd just want the same one with new initials: ESF
eca1574b8733cbe219754d5ddac08542d15045a_t.gif

I can provide the vid if needed. 
ohwell.gif

It's not a management decision. Doctor's haven't cleared him for contact on skates as yet. It's a very severe head injury, how does that out of all the crap he's done make you lose respect for him? Let him take his time, the team has been playing excellent without him.

It's not a management decision. Doctor's haven't cleared him for contact on skates as yet. It's a very severe head injury, how does that out of all the crap he's done make you lose respect for him? Let him take his time, the team has been playing excellent without him.

Agree with above, WTH are you taking about JSJ?! This injury is not close to comparable to any of his previous

Agree with above, WTH are you taking about JSJ?! This injury is not close to comparable to any of his previous

you guys are missing the point... theres been dozenssss of concussions in the NHL this year (and dont geimme the 2 inna row crap) it litterally happens ALLL the time... but sid needs half a year to recover? FOH... MAN UP KID

playoffs > personal well being

paccioretty broke his damn neck and I bet hell be back if Habs make a run, 5 months later what further damagae can he do? if hes STILL at risk he should be forced to retire... SRS

you guys are missing the point... theres been dozenssss of concussions in the NHL this year (and dont geimme the 2 inna row crap) it litterally happens ALLL the time... but sid needs half a year to recover? FOH... MAN UP KID

paccioretty broke his damn neck and I bet hell be back if Habs make a run, 5 months later what further damagae can he do? if hes STILL at risk he should be forced to retire... SRS

30t6p3b.gif

I'm pretty sure he will play if he can. your being crazy

your playoffs> personal well being is $+@$+@$ dumb. he has yearssss ahead of him. They aren't winning without Malkin anyway so it doesn't matter.

30t6p3b.gif

I'm pretty sure he will play if he can. your being crazy

your playoffs> personal well being is $+@$+@$ dumb. he has yearssss ahead of him. They aren't winning without Malkin anyway so it doesn't matter.

Then you've either never had a concussion or dealt with anyone who has had one. They have multiple different degrees of concussions and every player deals with them differently and takes different times to recover. It's an extremely serious injury and the Penguins as well as the Penguins doctors are taking their time with his recover and rightly so. And if a doctor isn't clearing him for contact, you bet your #$# he's not getting on the ice. Head injuries are always extremely tricky to deal with.

And why should he be forced to retire? Because YOU deem it necessary? Players in a lot of sports have come back from lengthy concussion related injuries from longer than Sid has been out and have had success. Just look at Justin Morneau.

I think you're letting w/e blind hate you have for Sid corrupt your thinking or you're on the wrong side of being a fanatic.

/\ thats the infuriating part... tho

we play just as well w/o him AND Geno and he cant lift his sack up n get the hell out there... I repeat if 5 months later hes still at risk of injuring himself worse than at "normal" state he doesnt need to play hockey anymore... see Marc Savard

/\ thats the infuriating part... tho

we play just as well w/o him AND Geno and he cant lift his sack up n get the hell out there... I repeat if 5 months later hes still at risk of injuring himself worse than at "normal" state he doesnt need to play hockey anymore... see Marc Savard

Then you've either never had a concussion or dealt with anyone who has had one. They have multiple different degrees of concussions and every player deals with them differently and takes different times to recover. It's an extremely serious injury and the Penguins as well as the Penguins doctors are taking their time with his recover and rightly so. And if a doctor isn't clearing him for contact, you bet your #$# he's not getting on the ice. Head injuries are always extremely tricky to deal with.

And why should he be forced to retire? Because YOU deem it necessary? Players in a lot of sports have come back from lengthy concussion related injuries from longer than Sid has been out and have had success. Just look at Justin Morneau.

I think you're letting w/e blind hate you have for Sid corrupt your thinking or you're on the wrong side of being a fanatic.

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

No. No ones well-being is less important than a game.
If it was a limb or something, sure. But its his brain, man. I'd be waiting until I was 100% too.

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

No. No ones well-being is less important than a game.
If it was a limb or something, sure. But its his brain, man. I'd be waiting until I was 100% too.

Originally Posted by Proshares

im a sensationalist sure but sids my 2nd favorite player... quit assuming things son...

ive had several concussions... ive been around contact sports at every level and have seen serious concussions many of times... if 5 months later... ur more apt to reinjure urself what difference is the 6 month...

my point remains... if it takes half a year for ur brain to heal ur better off not playing professional hockey... any MD in the country would agree w/ me

because hes the best player on the planet you guys dont wanna hear me out... at this point he should be playing or not... the longer he stays in limbo the more tenative he we will be and the more inclined his career is to go the way of Lindross and Savard...

ur obv entitled to disagree but im right...

Originally Posted by Proshares

im a sensationalist sure but sids my 2nd favorite player... quit assuming things son...

ive had several concussions... ive been around contact sports at every level and have seen serious concussions many of times... if 5 months later... ur more apt to reinjure urself what difference is the 6 month...

my point remains... if it takes half a year for ur brain to heal ur better off not playing professional hockey... any MD in the country would agree w/ me

because hes the best player on the planet you guys dont wanna hear me out... at this point he should be playing or not... the longer he stays in limbo the more tenative he we will be and the more inclined his career is to go the way of Lindross and Savard...

ur obv entitled to disagree but im right...

Back
Top Bottom