...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

I read through some of the more recent pages and didn't really see it posted anywhere but if I missed something that's my fault.

I just wanted to give people a heads up that I just called T-Mobile earlier tonight and asked about some concrete pricing on the 8900, and the lady said theywere already available and asked if I wanted to go ahead and order it. It was an upgrade for me and the total came to around $330 before a $100 mail in rebate.They said the order would be processed and the phone should arrive in a week. I was very surprised when she told me it was available because I knew itwasn't supposed to release until Wednesday, and I just now checked T-Mobiles site, and it still says "Coming Soon".

This will be my first BB so I'm really looking forward to it and I'll definitely be checking back in this post for the latest info.

Originally Posted by Jetson2333

Originally Posted by Late80s

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Figured I'd update after 15 tries - I finally got a Tmo rep to sell me the damned 8900.

Exactly how is a touch screen phone childish?

its gimmicky and adds no improved functionality to the phone therefore is childish and im quite grown. finally got the bold coming in, the curve 8900 is nice but i refuse to cop anything that doesnt have 3G, waste of money in imo to buy already outdated technology. if the att one packs 3G i might hop into the curve tank, doubt it though. im so over the clickyness of curve keyboards. everyone in the room can hear you.

It adds a tremendous amount of screen size. So if you use your phone as a multimedia device, waching movies or whatever, adding viewing size is pretty huge. It also makes browsing a much better experience.

That doesn't mean that makes it the phone for everyone, there are pros and cons to both, everyone needs to weigh what they want most out of their phone. Saying a touch screen is childish is pretty silly though.

see i have no desire to sit there and watch stuff on my phone. i'll get a ipod touch because i need a new ipod.i work for att and i see all kinda of peoplestroll in and get an iphone(some of them wanting it without a data plan) and like it just doesnt do anything amazing for the hype. i have a computer forbrowsing, a tv for watching things. i dont have a time where i can sit and stare @ a 3 inch screen.

oh and if your talking about palm, lets not get into my feelings on palm.

Wheres the best place/method for me to get backgrounds for my 8830 World? Ringtones too? Just point in the right direction. Thanks.

Copped a Bold last week...switched from iPhone after i dropped the Curve for the iPhone
Pin Me: 209365F6

Just copped my 8900
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Just got my 8900 as well. It would appear that many stores only received 5 sets. I bought the 2nd one and 5 minutes later, 3 more people showed up. All thisbefore 10 AM. Good luck to everyone trying to secure their phone.

Amazon.com also has this for 149.99 with a new 2 year activation.

I just switched from a Mogul to an 8330 (Curve). The difference is like night and day. Now I know why this thread is almost at 200 pages. I just hope myobsession with the phone dies down in a couple weeks..

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

I just hope my obsession with the phone dies down in a couple weeks..
Illmatic... Welcome to the wonderful world of Crack.

Kailangan ko talaga ng Bold!!!
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

So the Wifi on my Bold wont turn on.... must be from the drop it took on the bathroon tiles. UGH.

went with my homegirl to cop her 8900...walked in and out no problems...phone is pretty dope basically a smaller version of the bold...i dig it

Where are you guys coppin your cases? I am having a hard time finding an ill belt clip case for my crack. I'm not trying to buy a nerdy looking V case, nora cheap fleather case from the cell booths at the mall.

Any help appreciated.

Originally Posted by solesavage

Where are you guys coppin your cases? I am having a hard time finding an ill belt clip case for my crack. I'm not trying to buy a nerdy looking V case, nor a cheap fleather case from the cell booths at the mall.

Any help appreciated.
check crackberry ....

Originally Posted by i3allistic

Originally Posted by solesavage

Where are you guys coppin your cases? I am having a hard time finding an ill belt clip case for my crack. I'm not trying to buy a nerdy looking V case, nor a cheap fleather case from the cell booths at the mall.

Any help appreciated.
check crackberry ....

I have. Not what I am looking for. Thanks

YO!

So quick question. I'm thinking about getting a Bold, but am in no need of the 3G (as of right now), I can deal w/ the wi-fi connectivity,
do I still need to get a data plan from AT&T, or can I go without it since I wont be using the 3G, and is that even possible? I haven't had time
to go into a Cingular/AT&T store so any info can help.

Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom