...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe
If you've only had it for 3 weeks, isnt there a 60 day policy?

either way, its worth it. the resell value on the new bold (even the 9700) is going for at least 300+ if its in decent condition.
Originally Posted by Jerry Hughes

im getting rid of my ATT 9700, regular wear scratches(pocket, hand, etc.)
is 150 a fair price to sell it to a friend for her to use on Tmobile?
depends how bad the scratches are, but its more then fair.
Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

My phone isnt connecting to my computer.

When I plug it into the USB, my screen turns black and the LED turnsRed. Then when I take it out, the screen turns white and then an hourglass shows up until after a minute or 2, my main screen pops up.

Anyone have this problem before and know how to fix it?

i use to have it on my 8320, forgot how i fixed it.
i believe i tried the battery pull a few times, but it didnt help. in the end, i completely rebooted. good luck
frown.gif

Originally Posted by DaCitySlanga

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

anyone know where to get them apps in the underground. If you catch my drift
nerd.gif

-The Juice
nerd.gif

what kind of apps are you looking for?
nerd.gif

i just got a Curve 8530 and the phone clarity sucks. also the battery died in less than 48 hours and i didnt even use it that much. i was actually more happy with my krazor.

2 days is a good amount of time with moderate usage.  Your Razr had better battery life because it wasn't doing as much as your BB.  Double check that you actually close all of your applications, most of them will keep running in the background if you don't shut them down.

If you were so happy with the Razr, why switch? 

nerd.gif

-The Juice

No, but quite frankly I don't even see the need for that.  The only app I actually paid for was MeterBerry.  Everything else I really needed was free.

Originally Posted by Jerry Hughes

im getting rid of my ATT 9700, regular wear scratches(pocket, hand, etc.)
is 150 a fair price to sell it to a friend for her to use on Tmobile?

smh.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

2 days is a good amount of time with moderate usage.  Your Razr had better battery life because it wasn't doing as much as your BB.  Double check that you actually close all of your applications, most of them will keep running in the background if you don't shut them down.

If you were so happy with the Razr, why switch? 

nerd.gif

-The Juice

No, but quite frankly I don't even see the need for that.  The only app I actually paid for was MeterBerry.  Everything else I really needed was free.
Also try pressing ALT + LGLG that clears out your event logs, that will help with your battery. 

theres actually a hack to get apps on the DL....worked for me a few times..turned free trials into full verisons....gotta google it

nerd.gif

-The Juice

Whats Meterberry?

Does anyone know why my camera wouldnt work? when i try opening it, it says "Could not start the camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again".

However, there are no applications opened besides bbm
laugh.gif
smh.gif

MeterBerry is a battery/system info app. Tells me battery level, average discharge rates, temperature, memory usage, and a bunch of other stuff that I don't pay too much attention too.

It's probably great for people who are OCD about the minor details of their phone, I just like knowing how much battery I'm using up per hour or my memory situation.

My best guess for most things when they go wrong, just reset the phone and see if that works. 9/10 that's solved my problem in 2 minutes.

Did the OTA update for the 9650 couple days ago- don't know if it was that, or just putting the battery through a couple charges, but my battery life has greatly increased to what it should be.

Now I gotta figure out why Trillian isn't working.

Well it finally happened. The dreaded trackball failure on my 9000. Now I have a choce to make. Htc incredible, EVO, or wait for the 9800. Or possibly wait for the htc scorpion. I know this is kind of a setup asking this in the BB thread but oh well. What to do? Love the physical keyboard of the 9000 but the software and browser are horrible compared to the newer android phones. More ram and faster processor are the keys. Will OS 6.0 be worth it?

does anybody know exactly when the blackberry os 6.0 is dropping? and also does anyone know a good way to sync the blackberry 8530 with a macbook for contacts and itunes purposes

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

Is there anyway I can join the NT bbm group and not have it vibrate when anyone says something?
Just remove all the notifications. I think it's in the properties of the group or something.

Originally Posted by hollowpoints

Did the OTA update for the 9650 couple days ago- don't know if it was that, or just putting the battery through a couple charges, but my battery life has greatly increased to what it should be.

Now I gotta figure out why Trillian isn't working.
It hasn't been working for me on my 9700.  I tried it when I was on an older OS, then updated to the most recent one that just leaked, tried it again, and it still wasn't working.  It's still a beta version, so I guess it's expected.

Originally Posted by minus28

Well it finally happened. The dreaded trackball failure on my 9000. Now I have a choce to make. Htc incredible, EVO, or wait for the 9800. Or possibly wait for the htc scorpion. I know this is kind of a setup asking this in the BB thread but oh well. What to do? Love the physical keyboard of the 9000 but the software and browser are horrible compared to the newer android phones. More ram and faster processor are the keys. Will OS 6.0 be worth it?
If you're looking for the more advanced and capable OS, then even 6.0 probably won't be an even match with the newest Android.  The biggest improvement will be the improved webkit browser, then the 9800 will have touch features, then improved media player, revamped messaging folders, new icons, etc.  It still won't be on Apple or Android's level, but that isn't a bad thing if the apps and features you need is met by it.  You should be using Opera Mini 5 anyway even with your BB right now, I feel bad for anyone who routinely uses the default browser.

The 9800 won't come out for a few months, so if you're really interested in Android, I say go for it right now and see how you like it.  You could always come back to BB and by that time, I'm sure something even better than the 9800 would come out.

Originally Posted by s0313939

does anybody know exactly when the blackberry os 6.0 is dropping? and also does anyone know a good way to sync the blackberry 8530 with a macbook for contacts and itunes purposes
No exact date is out yet, but RIM has said the 3rd quarter, so between July and September. 

New Trillian beta is out, it fixed a lot of the bugs people, including myself, were experiencing.

I was using Facebook Chat with no problem.

Anyone got a bold they dont want?
nerd.gif
? either tmobile or unlocked?

Its been good with my 8320. i'll miss you.

I currently have the 8330 (Verizon) and my father has an upgrade coming July 20th. I'm hoping I will be able to get the Bold that was recently released for Verizon on my number and give him my 8330 for his number.

Is that possible?

Originally Posted by bkmac

I currently have the 8330 (Verizon) and my father has an upgrade coming July 20th. I'm hoping I will be able to get the Bold that was recently released for Verizon on my number and give him my 8330 for his number.

Is that possible?

yes

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Originally Posted by bkmac

Is that possible?

yes
Awesome. Now does it depend on my families plan in terms of how much the Bold would cost through the upgrade? We are on the Nationwide Premium Family Share plan.

New Trillian beta is out, it fixed a lot of the bugs people, including myself, were experiencing.

I was using Facebook Chat with no problem.

got this today.
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom