...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

does opera make anyone elses 9700 freeze and just run like crap? changing ringtones and stuff for no reason and sometimes my bbm only works on wifi.

Just traded my Palm Pre for the Blackberry 9650 (Bold)
pimp.gif

Pretty cool, I'm liking it so far, my only problem is ....you can't take the shutter sound off the camera
mad.gif
frown.gif

-The Juice

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

pimp.gif

Pretty cool, I'm liking it so far, my only problem is ....you can't take the shutter sound off the camera
mad.gif
frown.gif

-The Juice
you can download "peek-a-boo" just google it

please help!

i have a blackberry bold 9000 and my trackball isnt scrolling down...usually i get a antibacterial wipes to get clean but this time it hasnt worked AT ALL

ive tried wipes, alcoholed paper towel and qtip dipped in alcohol

and im hesitant to open it up

help! thanks!

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

please help!

i have a blackberry bold 9000 and my trackball isnt scrolling down...usually i get a antibacterial wipes to get clean but this time it hasnt worked AT ALL

help! thanks!
If you're had it more than a year may as well order a trackball and open it up to change it.  I did it a few times when I had the 9000 and it was pretty simple. 

Originally Posted by Jonbx5

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

am i the only one who likes the browser the phone came with? lol

yes lol the default browser sucks its so slow
i have both opera mini and bolt on my phone so i  can browse 2 different sites
pimp.gif

Why two different browsers though? Couldn't you just start a new tab?

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

please help!

help! thanks!
If you're had it more than a year may as well order a trackball and open it up to change it.  I did it a few times when I had the 9000 and it was pretty simple. 

yeah its been exactly a year! anyone think the att store will help?

Da R Entertainment wrote:

westcoastsfinest wrote:

please help!

help! thanks!

There's also a website that sells trackballs amongst other things for blackberry's.

Originally Posted by AG 47

westcoastsfinest wrote:

please help!

help! thanks!

There's also a website that sells trackballs amongst other things for blackberry's.
yeah ive checked online this trackball is really ticking me off man! i have emails, bbms and texts i cant get into...my question is do you think the att store will help with this trackball issue?

westcoastsfinest wrote:

please help!

help! thanks!

yeah ive checked online this trackball is really ticking me off man! i have emails, bbms and texts i cant get into...my question is do you think the att store will help with this trackball issue?

call them and ask
if u need to buy a new trackball check out this site http://cnn.cn/shop/index.php

westcoastsfinest wrote:

please help!

help! thanks!

Here's the thing...  you need to be under the year for the warranty.  If you're past the year, AT&T store will tell you you're pretty much on your own.

I had the same problem w/ my tb so I did the whole trying to clean it...  but it became clear that I needed to swap trackballs.

It's really not that hard.  Just be extra careful and give yourself some time to do it.  I've opened up my 9000 quite a few times and it's pretty easy for me now.

Also, should you decide to do it...  be EXTRA careful w/ the slots and the metal clips of the "trackball holder" where it locks down.  They bend pretty easy and I'm sure it's not that hard to snap those off.

Good luck to you...

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

pimp.gif

mad.gif
frown.gif

-The Juice
You should check out a app called Quicklaunch. Among other things it silences the camera.

verizon tour user here...need some opinions

just got my tour 3 weeks ago and BAM the bold comes out. in order for me to upgrade, i need to pay $85 to get the bold. would it be worth it for me to upgrade? so far only upgrades i can see is:
-double the ram @ 512
-wifi (not gona use but better to have than no wifi)
-biggest selling point: track pad

what would you guys do? i'm running out of time i need to make up my mind by tuesday or so

I was really really close to ditching my 9650 for a HTC EVO but have since decided to stay with Team Blackberry for a few reasons. First, battery life on my Bold is very good compared with the EVO, more then a day with moderate to heavy use. Second, last night without thinking twice I sent an entire album to a friend of mine over BBM, a couple clicks and it was done. Not easily possible on an Android phone due to Gmail attachment size restrictions. Lastly, it would be a pretty big hassle to have to reconfigure my mobile life to work on Android. My blackberry has messaging, call quality and BBM mastered. Hopefully with OS 6 the internet experience will greatly improve, but for now, I'm sticking with the tried and true.

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

verizon tour user here...need some opinions

just got my tour 3 weeks ago and BAM the bold comes out. in order for me to upgrade, i need to pay $85 to get the bold. would it be worth it for me to upgrade? so far only upgrades i can see is:
-double the ram @ 512
-wifi (not gona use but better to have than no wifi)
-biggest selling point: track pad

what would you guys do? i'm running out of time i need to make up my mind by tuesday or so

I think it's worth it. The bold runs smoother and the trackpad is quite a revelation compared with the trackball. I can't ever use the trackball again. Also allegedly you are "future proofed" in that you will be able to get OS 6 on the Bold; according to crackberry.com it's a slim possibility the Tour will be upgradeable to 6 due to limited ram. Also, all the accessories on the Tour work with the Bold so that is a plus. Considering you are using your upgrade (I assume) you might as well take the $85 hit and get the best BB on the CDMA market.
Also, I before the Bold 9650 I rarely used WIFI on the phone but it has become quite a tool. Nice emailing or surfing while on a speakerphone call. Also saves a bit of battery life too.

^thanks for the detailed reply. i'm still on the fence about this especially since i don't have extra money lying around. also all the reps i asked told me to just keep the tour and bold is "the same thing minus track pad". i'm leaning a little more towards upgrading it though, the trackball seems good enough but i feel like it's gona crap out sooner or later.

im getting rid of my ATT 9700, regular wear scratches(pocket, hand, etc.)
is 150 a fair price to sell it to a friend for her to use on Tmobile?

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

Question I have 9000 running with the latest software. Is there any way to install aim on it?

check your "messaging" folder. i think there should be a free AIM app that comes with the phone.

personally, i purchased and downloaded jivetalk. it allows you to add accounts from a variety of online messaging platforms and the AIM platform is VERY good. i got mine a long time ago and bought the license so i just transferred it over to my 9700 after i upgraded from my 8320 curve. it's a LOT cheaper now so i highly recommend it.

My phone isnt connecting to my computer.

When I plug it into the USB, my screen turns black and the LED turns Red. Then when I take it out, the screen turns white and then an hour glass shows up until after a minute or 2, my main screen pops up.

Anyone have this problem before and know how to fix it?

Back
Top Bottom