...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

I got a lil dilema, called Tmo today
and they told me Im qulaified for a
partial upgrade of $437 = $160 + 3
installments of $105
sick.gif

Imma need a connect from one of yall
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by djaward

TMOBILE WORKERS... OR ANYONE THAT KNOWS A THING OR TWO ABOUT UPGRADES.

So my wife and I have been with Tmobile since 03. Our contracts are up in Jan of 2010. We want to upgrade our phones. And we want to stay with tmobile because we've never had any problems with them.

HERES THE THING.. Tmobile cant give us a really good discount on phones unless we sign up for new numbers.. We've had our numbers for 7 years.. Im not about to call everyone I know and let them know my phone number has changed..

WHY IS IT THAT THEY CAN HOOK UP A NEW CUSTOMER WITH A GREAT DEAL. BUT NOT A LOYAL CUSTOMER?? Is there any way to fight this?? Let me know what you guys think.
If you're contract is about to end you should be elgible to upgrade pricing which is the same as new customer pricing.
So when does the blackberry 9700 drop for att??? and will it be 199 with an upgrade like dude just said for T Mo?
Suppose to drop either the 16th or the 22nd, I've been reading the 22nd is the date for AT&T. Pricing is unknown yet, but AT&T wouldbe a fool not to want to compete with T-Mobile pricing.

Im hearing Nov 16th-20th.....299.99 with a 2 year agreement with a $100.00 MIR...so basically 199.99 with a 2 year agreement. My AT&T sales Rep' isgonna call me as Soon as they're in since I was due for an upgrade as of Nov 9th.

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

So when does the blackberry 9700 drop for att??? and will it be 199 with an upgrade like dude just said for T Mo?
Suppose to drop either the 16th or the 22nd, I've been reading the 22nd is the date for AT&T. Pricing is unknown yet, but AT&T would be a fool not to want to compete with T-Mobile pricing.

If at&t does that ill be singing up , any way to get a instant rebate . Not front that 100 would be a great help

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Im hearing Nov 16th-20th.....299.99 with a 2 year agreement with a $100.00 MIR...so basically 199.99 with a 2 year agreement. My AT&T sales Rep' is gonna call me as Soon as they're in since I was due for an upgrade as of Nov 9th.

Might wanna try walmart.com to get the lowest prices on new phones like I did aweek and a half ago. Got my Tilt2 for FREE with a 1300min (which was only $20 more than I was previously paying) plan. Gonna downgrade back to my normal plannext month
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DiPlOMaT007

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Suppose to drop either the 16th or the 22nd, I've been reading the 22nd is the date for AT&T. Pricing is unknown yet, but AT&T would be a fool not to want to compete with T-Mobile pricing.
If at&t does that ill be singing up , any way to get a instant rebate . Not front that 100 would be a great help

The closest thing to an "instant" rebate is $100 at&t store credit...so instead of waiting to recieve your $100, they'll fill out the MIRright then-and-there when you purchase the phone and give you $100 At&t store credit to purchase accessories for your new phone...

I went to my local tmo store today and they said the most recent update they have on the release date for the 9700 is 11/17 and that it will be in the ballparkof around $200 with a 2 year contract.

Just ordered the 9700. $230 shipped...should be here on Friday. I'm amped. SMH at me for contemplating going to Verizon for the Storm2.

Welp, now that the 9700 is outta the way, on to Modern Warfare 2........

Originally Posted by airmaxes

$230 shipped I'm sure with a contract though right?

Yessir. No contract is $450, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not the biggest T-Mobile fan, but for what I pay and what I get (2 lines unlimited everything), you can't really beat it. I contemplated switchingto VZW, but eff a CDMA phone. I need GSM for unlocked joints, and AT&T is pretty much on par with T-Mobile where I'm at, so it was a no-brainer. Worst case scenario we pay $400 to jump ship elsewhere down the road.

^ If that was @ me, naw, I bought the 8900 outright back in January. And I only had a 1 year contract to begin with, and it ended this past July.

I'm kinda salty that I couldn't get a 1 year contract again, but it just wasn't going to happen. I asked 3 or 4 times but no dice, so I went withthe 2-year joint. The way I see it is I paid $200+ for a phone, so say down the road I want to cancel.......$230 + $200 ETF = what I would have paid for nocontract extension.

So my wife and I have been with Tmobile since 03. Our contracts are up in Jan of 2010. We want to upgrade our phones. And we want to stay with tmobile because we've never had any problems with them.

HERES THE THING.. Tmobile cant give us a really good discount on phones unless we sign up for new numbers.. We've had our numbers for 7 years.. Im not about to call everyone I know and let them know my phone number has changed..

WHY IS IT THAT THEY CAN HOOK UP A NEW CUSTOMER WITH A GREAT DEAL. BUT NOT A LOYAL CUSTOMER?? Is there any way to fight this?? Let me know what you guys think.

I bet tmobile wants you to get new numbers and all that because you have a great plan that they dont offer anymore. I BET.

I can help you keep your same plan and upgrade your phone plus your local.

The closest thing to an "instant" rebate is $100 at&t store credit...so instead of waiting to recieve your $100, they'll fill out the MIR right then-and-there when you purchase the phone and give you $100 At&t store credit to purchase accessories for your new phone...
Which to me isnt worth it because of accesories being so much in store instead of buying them online.
But it does take 6 to 8 months to get the mail in rebates from At&t

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

I bet tmobile wants you to get new numbers and all that because you have a great plan that they dont offer anymore. I BET.

I can help you keep your same plan and upgrade your phone plus your local.
The closest thing to an "instant" rebate is $100 at&t store credit...so instead of waiting to recieve your $100, they'll fill out the MIR right then-and-there when you purchase the phone and give you $100 At&t store credit to purchase accessories for your new phone...
Which to me isnt worth it because of accesories being so much in store instead of buying them online.
But it does take 6 to 8 months to get the mail in rebates from At&t
Yeah you are sooo right. They do want me to get a new number and I dont want it. I was going to hit you up but wasnt sure if you dealt withTmobile. What can you do for my wife and I?? She wants the new SIDEKICK LXi.. I want the new black berry. Let me know. Thanks.

I'm with Verizon and planning on getting a new Blackberry. I'm debating between the Tour, Storm II, or the Curve II. Any suggestions?

Just got off the phone with tmo. They said they can upgrade me for $217 and I would have to change my plan because I have a LX smh. So I would be getting unlimtxt., calling and web for $87 a month and I'm paying $83 right now.

I got an iphone 3g...signed a 2 year contract in sept 2008

so i should expect to pay 300(after rebates) for an upgrade right?

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

Originally Posted by yungchamp

Bigballa8899 wrote:

Post your wallpaper and theme

Heres mine on a Tour with hidden icons

7a12527e40324ff8b33bcaefe2324f63d0c38e0.jpg

Shown icons

0f1152ea3ef0b1b2e9103647026f3b6bbfcc8de.jpg

how did you do that? hide your icons? and how did you get that big bbm sign in the upper right hand corner?
werd. i wanna know too

can i get some info or what?????

edit:

get at me

Bigballa8899 wrote:

Shown icons

how did you do that? hide your icons? and how did you get that big bbm sign in the upper right hand corner?
werd. i wanna know too

edit:

get at me

eek.gif
woooord fam let us know how to master that trick!

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

Bigballa8899 wrote:

Shown icons

werd. i wanna know too

edit:

get at me

eek.gif
woooord fam let us know how to master that trick!

It's a theme check out pimpmyberry.com.

Sorry for the late response. I got the theme from Crackberry. If you either have a Tour or a Bold, you're good to go.

Posted from CB, credit mio_BB for making this theme.

[table][tr][td]
http://forums.crackberry.com/members/mio_bb/
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
mio_BB
user_offline.gif

CrackBerry Abuser

Device Model: 9000 (Bold)

Carrier: TDC DK
[/td] [td] [/td] [td]

[/td] [/tr][/table]
icon1.gif
FREE Precision7 v2 theme for TOUR 96xx

I originally made this theme for my BOLD and this is my first attempt to port a theme into Curve and Tour so please let me know if anything funky has occured
eek.gif

The theme is based on the standard precision zen theme but with a re-designed banner with room for a weather app. (1. app in the app screen), in the banner there are two hotspots for Clock and Manage Connections.

The normal 6 icon bottom dock is expanded to 7 icons and an additional line of butttons below holds functions for Messages, SMS&MMS, QuickLaunch, Media and Calendar. Messages, SMS and Calendar brings up darkened underlays to view the text in the hidden today area on almost any wallpaper.

P7%20v22_teaser.jpg

This screenshot is from the BOLD version, there should be more space on a tour screen

As I said please let me know if something is off, as I cannot test the theme on my own BB... (Specially check alignment of the "normal" application text above the 7 icons against the texts in the today underlays, they should overlap perfectly, or at least 99,8%)

Precision7 v2 96xx

OTA LINK

Give it a spin!
biggrin.gif

----------------------
UPGRADE to v3

-Hidden docks (2 steps- Full, collapsed, hidden)
-Enhanced Graphics
-Hotkeys for QuickLaunch (Space) and SMS And MMS ($)

Compilation of screenshots from BOLD
P7v3teaser.jpg

Precision7 v3 sms OTA LINK

-----------------
Precision v3 LITE, not an upgrade, just a new variant
wink.gif

I also made a lighter variant of the theme without the 5 buttons below but all other functions still intact, then I added Today underlay on the first 3 or 2 icons in the "7" dock. It is easier to navigate and lets You choose your "today-apps"
smile.gif

Precission7 v3 LITE (3 icons with today) OTA LINK

Precission7 v3 LITE2 (2 icons with today) OTA LINK

Precission7 v3 LITE1 (1 icons with today) OTA LINK

Precission7 v3 LITE0 (no hidden today) OTA LINK

---------------------------------------
BR Mio

Last edited by mio_BB; 10-28-2009 at 06:15 PM.

The theme I'm using right now is this one: Precision7 v3 sms OTA LINK

Back
Top Bottom