Official Bitcoin Thread

A 30% correction or a 50% crash, sure. I dont think the institutional investors of today would allow a 90% drop. Those days might be over.

Alts though, yea those gains can be wiped fast.

this is what will have you bag holding in a bear market... The disbelief. The institutional investors will dump. Most Alts will go down 70-90% too along with BTC dumping too.

Until that real adoption and utility happens the cycle will continue.

ATOM pumping now. DOT has been quiet, but did double off the lows. I’m debating on exiting or trimming my AAVE position to just lock up a SOL position again. Bleh. Rather be a buyer on a pull back.

Just hodl then wait for major upside. You could of probably been just comfy had you stuck in your SOL position initially. No reason to jump from coin to coin.

I bought more eth which was top priority for me but I probably should’ve sold another coin instead of sol. Part of the game. Nbd, everything I’m holding is green thankfully.

Btc dominance decreasing while it goes up is a sign of the bull market broadening out. I’ve been having this discussion with my friends. There’s an idea that we might not have cycles anymore and if that’s going to happen, rotation will be the reason why we don’t have overblown bear cycles. And we’re seeing rotation right now. We did the btc pump, defi pump, memes, nft’s, now we’re doing layer 1s, if we have rotation and consolidation in the other sectors, we just became a real asset class and traditional market supply/demand wise.

Anyone have any tips for swapping out my RSR and TWT in Trust wallet? I know I can swap to Binance, but my account has been pending for months now. So confusing

u can swap rsr for usdc but need eth to pay fornthe fees....I have my rsr in coinbase wallet and do that

I remember saying this before and getting flamed, but I wonder if you guys still feel the same?

I’m 90% Eth and buy as much as I can afford with no intention of buying btc anytime soon.

might be a bold move but I think Eth is a better coin.

I remember saying this before and getting flamed, but I wonder if you guys still feel the same?

I’m 90% Eth and buy as much as I can afford with no intention of buying btc anytime soon.

Yea I’ve been off BTC for awhile now. But salute to those who copped early

Last edited:
Don’t not buy btc because it’s 50k and you think that’s expensive. If you want to buy eth because it has utility beyond store of value and p2p transactions/legal tender, that makes sense. I think eth has the potential to be worth trillions just like btc does. I’d own both if I could but there’s worse stuff out there than owning eth which has massive potential and almost AJ unlimited tam.

it makes sense in terms of utility but is it right? I don’t know. Only time will tell.

Don’t not buy btc because it’s 50k and you think that’s expensive. If you want to buy eth because it has utility beyond store of value and p2p transactions/legal tender, that makes sense. I think eth has the potential to be worth trillions just like btc does. I’d own both if I could but there’s worse stuff out there than owning eth which has massive potential and almost AJ unlimited tam.

I just don’t see btc being as big a player in the future is why I’m not buying it. I’m not anti btc or anything or think it’s too expensive. If it goes to a mil who cares the price now?

I just feel like it will get overtaken eventually since btc is just btc. Eth is actively making it better.

btc is ask Jeeves and eth is google to me.

^ can u or anyone for that matter explain why yall think eth is better than btc?

currently putting money into both but just curious, leaning towards going in on eth

I don't hold any Btc, but let me try to sell you on some:
Tokenomics: 21 million total, 18.8 million minted with exponentially harder difficulty to mine, about 900 Btc Mined per day.
Vs Eth tokenomics: Unlimited supply (will change with ETH 2.0), ~13,000 ETH mined per day. ETH will have much better tokenomics after ETH 2.0.

BTC scarcity: https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/b...n-crypto-fortune-remains-unknown-7119951.html (Btc billionaire with ~255 million in bitcoin dead, keys died with him), In another incident, United Kingdom’s James Howells, who had mined 7,500 Bitcoins and stored them on the hard drive of his laptop, accidentally threw away the hard drive while cleaning his house in 2013. How many people lost their BTC early? how many millionaires/billionaires die and BTC lost forever? Lost on exchanges? Satoshi mined 1 million+ BTC early (this remains untouched).

BTC Adoption: Not companies, not cities, but entire COUNTRIES are adopting BTC as legal tender, this trend will continue.

BTC is the OG. When retail investors hear crypto is booming they put in BTC. As a commodity, a store of value, a limited currency, you SHOULD invest in BTC, it WILL go up.

I don't have any. Just Eth :lol:

^ with that being said why dont u start putting money towards it?
I want to have 1 btc at some point. But, so many projects I want to invest in, I think I chase the higher alt yields. Probably after the next dump I’ll try. (When we were hanging around 30k BTC, I was taking everything I could out of paychecks to invest in different projects)

**** coins = penny stocks

sure you can probably do a 10x-100x and get LUCKY

But if you want an asset that is out performing everything it goes against, there is nothing better than BTC. Go ahead, compare any "investment" (currencies, indexes, metals, stocks, & bonds) vs BTC:

EVERYONE's goal should be to own atleast 1 BTC. This will be the new 1%. (Unless you're not into that)

** I'm heavy into DeFi and make $$$ on the platform; AND is my passive income generator, but I know who the KING is.

Last edited:
Perfect scenario for me: BitCoin blows up by the end of the year and ETH stays the same till 2022. I'll take some profits from BC and convert the rest to more ETH. Probably not gonna play out like that, but it'd be nice.

I like ETH because I can still afford a few coins. I just need it to look like Bitcoin eventually in value. Working on owning at least half a BC by mid September. Got me selling deadstock Jordans from my collection like crazy lol.

Can someone explain defi?

Sorry for the questions, and I know I can google these things but I find NT kers explain certain things better

Perfect scenario for me: BitCoin blows up by the end of the year and ETH stays the same till 2022. I'll take some profits from BC and convert the rest to more ETH. Probably not gonna play out like that, but it'd be nice.

I like ETH because I can still afford a few coins. I just need it to look like Bitcoin eventually in value. Working on owning at least half a BC by mid September. Got me selling deadstock Jordans from my collection like crazy lol.

Literally at work today thinking abt doing the same thing, have a couple thousands in DS heat just sitting, i can sell all and put it towards something

Back
Top Bottom