Official Bitcoin Thread

i only transferred my balance the other day but i’m already up over one whole dollar! 🤓
1D2EEE25-04F9-4973-AC63-9DD63D37C698.jpeg

The way that your yield is generated can/does vary by the token and service you're using. Also earning interest doesn't necessarily mean that you're "staking" your tokens. Sometimes yields are based solely on staking rewards which are built in to the blockchain. Sometimes they're based on borrowing, lending, etc. Sometimes it could be a combo of a few things.

Who's borrowing crypto? Maybe institutions looking for exposure to BTC but don't necessarily want to own it. Maybe the volume on an exchange is peaking and they need some ETH to fill orders. Maybe Joe Schmo turned $1k in Dogecoin to $40k but he doesn't wanna pay capital gains tax so he's borrowing against it. There's usually some level of collateralization involved in these loans so there's a little bit of protection. On Celsius, I believe if an institution is borrowing then they're required to over-collateralize. It's obviously all still pretty risky and you should DYOR before going crazy. I'm in though.

thank you. i am following mr. redstorm’s advice by putting in only an amount that i am willing to lose and currently, that happens to be all of it. hopefully my portfolio will grow to the point where i feel the need to park it somewhere more secure. thanks for all of you guys providing explanations and giving advice in here. i take it all with a grain of salt and do my own personal research as best that i can too.

i always think back to the time this computer dude told me to start buying bitcoin in 2011 or so. i laughed at him because he was taking payment for his work in bitcoin. i have not heard from him in ages. he has probably forgotten all about me while he sips rum on his private island. i am very late to the party but i don’t want to look back and think the same about the time i could have bought crypto in 2021 when i had extra money.

you're not too late man, its just getting started.

btc isn't the only way.
yeah i only bought a little bit of bitcoin this past weekend when it dipped. i’ll keep money on the side and for future dips in BTC and ETH.

it helps that i have to clear out all of the shoes from my office and there are some pairs that i bought for a few hundred that are worth in excess of $1000. even the cheap stuff will add up because of the volume of stuff that i’ll dump.

To me it is since I just started grabbing it a week ago.

I’ve been reading a lot about it. I’d expect to to double at the least but wouldn’t shock me if it hit a dollar.

Coinbase has it in their custody but haven’t listed it yet.

they got some big dogs in on this coin I think.

Back
Top Bottom