OFFICIAL Belmont Stakes Thread vol. BUSTTTT .... more pics on page 6

I hit the pick 3 on my $18 bet. Ughhhhh! ABC didn't show the pick 3 payouts and the results aren't updated on any websites yet.
The wait is killing me!

Sweet! Paid 3 g's

How many of you actually thought he would win? We've already seen this happen twice this decade. Not for a minute did I think he'd win. Throw in thearrogant %+#!$#@ trainer, and I knew it was a lock.

LOL @ everyone criticizing Big Brown like he's a normal athlete.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

D'Tara?

Can we get a spell check on the champion's name, please?
laugh.gif

embarassed.gif

If they had actually given Da'Tara some love after the race, I would've known the correct spelling.
laugh.gif

And I agree that PTI will be hilarious on Monday.

laugh.gif
@ all the possible reasons for BB's loss.
They named everything from internal bleeding to him being tired from running 3 races in 5 weeks to them saying it was because he had no steroids in his systemnow. I love it.

SHUGES:
laugh.gif
@ all the possible reasons for BB's loss.

They named everything from internal bleeding to him being tired from running 3 races in 5 weeks to them saying it was because he had no steroids in his system now. I love it.

Do you remember what the first reason the jockey gave? Seconds afterwards, someone caught up with the jockey (of course) and asked what was wrong,and he basically said a bunch of mumbo-jumbo and then mentioned the heat and humidity. "Blah, blah, blah, it was too hot out there, blah, blah,blah," like all the rest of the damn horses weren't running in the same damn heat and humidity.
laugh.gif

You're right, though; they're mentioning every-g.d.-thing.
roll.gif

I kind of put stock in the steroids one, though.
nerd.gif
If the steroids he wason before were used during the Derby and during Preakness (within the rules, of course), but now he had to run today without them (because they're nolonger allowed), then I kind of put a little stock in that one.

What say you, NikeTalk?

Bonds and Clemens supporters that believe steroids affect nothing: don't bother answering.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kingdugan

Sweet, my $5.00 6-4 boxed exacta won me $1645.00
smokin.gif
I hit the pick 3 on my $18 bet. Ughhhhh! ABC didn't show the pick 3 payouts and the results aren't updated on any websites yet.
The wait is killing me!

Sweet! Paid 3 g's
eek.gif
9a714889b15f328eee30de16fc3db24834edf7.gif
i need to get into horse betting

O.K., so the preliminary medical examiner has stated that Big Brown appears to be perfectly fine. I just read it on the bottom line of ESPN.

So the thought crossed my mind: could the jockey have possibly been bribed?
nerd.gif

I mean, dude was in 3rd, making a strong push for 2nd, and then he just... freaking fell off the face of the earth. He is the ONLY horse to win the first tworaces of the Triple Crown, and then finish LAST in the third race. And now the preliminary medical examinations show that nothing is wrong with the horse.

People in THAT BUILDING ALONE put down $5.8 million that Big Brown would win. That is JUST that building. Never mind Vegas and online betting and what not.

So some dude slides a cool $1mil to the jockey, then proceeds to put his money down on some other horse, knowing that the favorite horse is now out of theequation.
nerd.gif

(no NobleKane)

yea idk why he pulled the horse up like that....i thought he was hurt....it had to be set up....cause if i was the owner i would've choked the %$#% out ofthe jockey once i found out he was aight

Just saw the race, and all I have to say is WOW! That was a failure of epic proportions.

Seriously, I'll take sides with Ska and say the jockey was bribed. There is no way BB can be in 3rd jockeying for 2nd and pretty close to 1st only to falldead last. No way. Absolutely none. Nobody will be able to tell me that horse was gassed with 1/2 a mile to go. I mean, 4th place at the time was prettydistant and 5-8 were WAY BACK. This is a worse failure than Smarty Jones and War Emblem.

Smarty Jones was beat up in the middle of the pack, emerged to take the lead, but fatigued down the stretch.

War Emblem stumbled out of the gates and had to expend a lot of energy to even get back into the race.

Big Brown? No excuses. He just failed. And failed miserably.

You guys should have seen the Belmont area last night...
eek.gif

Cats were literally drinking themselves to death...people sitting on curbs in sorrow...people throwing up everywhere....the cops blockin off streets and whatnot...looked like night of the living dead over there...I knew it was because of the race but I didnt know at the time that BB had come in DEAD LAST.
smh.gif
Seemsfishy to me..From first to worst in a matter of a few weeks..shameful.

Can't wait for PTI on Monday.

Tony: What happened to.... YA'BOY!?
Wilbon: My boy? MY BOY?! (Dangerously Fast Talking) TonyItoldyouIdidn'tevencareaboutthisthingfromthebeginning...

it would be great if the horse could think and pulled a Randy Moss and was like, F all of you, I race when i want to race...

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
alien.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

pics....

Early race...
5122523eea5ae9b7c8fec99434986758a298ab7.jpg

Saudi Royalty was in this tent... United Arab Emirates tent.
a2c15ae55292c2e444b413c37d8d7b692ed8bb7.jpg

2f135e95e11659e899a7c935e375fc32bc7e345.jpg

Shaq
c60153ef5f9fcbe23a172f2b39080abc000da28.jpg

3b535a7de06a56d691e8c6c2e2674af2f0e318b.jpg

Stakes race...
2b92524ef15999cbc6dedb7a3f1565616a454b7.jpg

5e8154e5539ec1e0eedc1014ea125ca4a2e933c.jpg

And they're off.
339358dbe60b548395e5c879e93a4231155b3e2.jpg

a1f35ebce24b50d39d11cae6eecefdb972d1ebd.jpg

SMH.
7be354d8e65355da9791c5baeb48a10466cf2b7.jpg

My room in operation... Clive Owen was in there for a few hours but i didnt get a pic.
frown.gif

9a3152eb5295cde65d2b08b94de7ee20efa6055.jpg

Got my Suit jacket stolen
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
and it had like $200 and all my Stakes betting tickets in it
tired.gif

I had a couple big brown winners and a 4 horse exacta box with the 1,4,7,10 horses for like $50... yea
alien.gif

Back
Top Bottom