Official BBQ thread

Pork Butt. Wanted a darker bark but was rushing a bit

thumbnail (3).jpg
thumbnail (2).jpg
thumbnail (1).jpg
thumbnail.jpg
You might want to havw separate cutting boards for veggies, raw meat, and cooked meat.

Just a suggestion.

mplsdunk mplsdunk is that fair to say?

How big of a difference does mixing the woods make?
I wouldn't say too big but you can get some subtle changes in flavor. I just like to mix and experiment to see the different flavor profiles

Hickory stands out alot to me when I use it solo so adding another wood makes some difference from me.

I want to get my hands on some pimento wood next whenever I do some jerk

Ribs today. Trying a few new things - Aaron Franklin’s rub recipe and a vinegar based sauce - Carolina style I think.

304DA9AB-B913-46D5-8126-6393E7E2A2FB.jpeg

Definitely the best I’ve done yet - really tender, good flavor (the rub is just right - some others I’ve tried have been overpowering on ribs) and I like the sauce - gives a nice tang. It doesn’t burn either which made the surface nicer.

You'll see that I trimmed them fully this time too - and that’s definitely better. Shorter cook and you don’t get all the gristly stuff from the rib tips. I just smoked them separately exactly the same and they were a nice accompaniment - it was easy to pull out the cartilage when they were separate.

I think I'm just gonna do some burgers and brauts today, I really want to do some ribs but I dunno how they will turn out on this propane grill. I'm sure they will be ok, but I'm used to smoking em on my friend's Kamado Joe...

Beef skirt(fajita), chicken breast, and a few jumbo shrimp on my Weber. Used pecan wood, with a small amount of Kingsford mesquite charcoal.
38BE8146-83A5-472D-9985-F1AF162B4810.jpeg
F16DE3B9-F4CD-44CD-BA40-00884D976752.jpeg

Attachments

• A102323B-20DD-44C5-8FD3-8D7078CC9755.jpeg
    A102323B-20DD-44C5-8FD3-8D7078CC9755.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom