OFFICIAL BASKETBALL VIDEO GAME THREAD || NBA 2K24 OUT NOW; PREPARE YOUR BARBIES ACCORDINGLY

I squandered 100k vc on 2 trash builds :lol: . My PF is decent but dude still can't shoot and misses layups with guards on him.

Gave the game another chance last night and it's just too ridiculous for me, I was able to run by my defender and dunk at will just way too easily. Shot contention has gone to **** too.
The gameplay is just god awful.

My new job hasn’t allowed me to play much but I got a few rec games in last night on next gen Xbox. The lag was crazy. I made a defensive center to be safe. Have to wait how things shake out before I make a perimeter player or a stretch 5. I know there are some lowkey thresholds that I’ll have to hit to get certain badges/animations etc.

Overall, gameplay feels different from current gen but not sure if it’s better or not yet :lol:

Gave the game another chance last night and it's just too ridiculous for me, I was able to run by my defender and dunk at will just way too easily. Shot contention has gone to **** too.
The gameplay is just god awful.

Sadly, that is what the vast majority of people want to be able to do.

My dude used to always say to me, "YOu want to run plays and ****, most people just want to get high and cross people on 2K."

Heres my build atm
40B585D9-990C-46E8-9526-EE4E710CAA25.jpeg

i only got 70 layup so i try not to do them to often. I got the curry lay up though so if the hole is open i will tend to try. Pretty decent success unless its like a paint beast with crazy HOF Badges

my money is ISO ball and creating space to shoot or ISO into a corner 3 or Wing 3 off a pass

Sadly, that is what the vast majority of people want to be able to do.

My dude used to always say to me, "YOu want to run plays and ****, most people just want to get high and cross people on 2K."

It feels like such a big step backward.

Can you really argue against them considering how many units they have moved over the last 8+ years?

Yea, I would LOVE to see realistic basketball but we are a super small minority.

I totally get it, it's just been sad watching the franchise slowly lose its soul over the past few years.
I've been playing last gen Madden over next gen 2k and that game is trash but more enjoyable to me now, and I like basketball significantly more than football.

Can you really argue against them considering how many units they have moved over the last 8+ years?

Yea, I would LOVE to see realistic basketball but we are a super small minority.

Sadly, our small minority of actual realistic sim basketball community is truly meant for the PC gaming community now with all the mods and stuff to "improve" upon NBA 2K titles' good stuff...................NBA 2K's console demographic are truly BARBIE BOY TERRITORY now

Sadly, our small minority of actual realistic sim basketball community is truly meant for the PC gaming community now with all the mods and stuff to "improve" upon NBA 2K titles' good stuff...................NBA 2K's console demographic are truly BARBIE BOY TERRITORY now

:lol: I thought I was the only one that noticed that. Dudes in the parks w/ backpacks on, hats, etc. but they're just living vicariously through the game. I enjoy it because it's a hoops game, but some of the bs that goes on in it is annoying. I want to truly run plays, have my team actually have an IQ and react as they would in real life, but I know I'm not going to get that.

games fun IMO

I can see why most wont enjoy it though i guess

i grabbed the same sixers gear for the past 4 years lol. Actually got this sixers hoodie for free via the bonus wheel

Last edited:
I finally had a chance to play. Only played one game.

The game obviously looks marginally better and plays maybe a bit smoother than the previous gen.

Overall though, disappointing.

Yea, people playing with BoogBags on was always funny to me. :lol:

I hate seeing regular humans playing in Jeans in real lift so I damn sure hate to see that stuff in a video game. :lol:

Maybe next year 2K will be solid.

Man anyone else having a problem with NBA 2K21 install not staying installed on the PS5 internal SSD?

I've installed it 3 times and each time I enter the disc it's acts like game isn't installed and prompts me to copy and install it .

My game stopped copying at 76% so I just deleted the game off the system and entered the disc again.

It copied in less than 30 minutes after that.

Back
Top Bottom