***Official AL West 2009 Season thread***Angels Win it Again***

lets go a's
indifferent.gif

That's a wrap for Seattle. I'll hold out my belief, but that's just being overly optimistic. Angels about to pull away.

The Angels aren't pulling away from anything... They've had an INSANE month of July at the plate that CANNOT be sustained...

As a team, they're hitting at an .886 OPS clip, up from .795 for the season... Team batting average for July? .320 ... Yeah right.

Quick look at the guys taking the bulk of the ABs at each position this month... July OPS (Season) (Career)

Jeff Mathis -- .633 (.602) (.599)
Kendry Morales -- .941 (.879) (.789)
Howie Kendrick -- .963 (.701) (.752)
Chone Figgins -- .930 (.814) (.751)
Erick Aybar -- 1.101 (.787) (.692)
Juan Rivera -- 1.009 (.873) (.810)
Gary Matthews -- .574 (.605) (.737)
Bobby Abreu -- .946 (.849) (.900)
Reggie Willits -- .542 (.553) (.687)
Mike Napoli -- .894 (.867) (.861)
Maicer Izturis .938 (.787) (.731)

Damn near that entire lineup got hot at the same time, and there's absolutely no reason to believe they are going to hit that well over the next 2+months...

One of the five worst pitching staffs in baseball in terms of allowing runs... Crappy bullpen...

I still don't see them as any kind of juggernaut...

We'll see I guess, but I'm not really high on Texas pulling it out. They've got the offense, but will the pitching pull through?

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

We'll see I guess, but I'm not really high on Texas pulling it out. They've got the offense, but will the pitching pull through?
I'm utterly convinced people aren't watching games...
laugh.gif

^ Whatchu mean. They crush the ball. When you hit home runs like they do, you can win games without necessarily playing sound baseball.

The offense SUCKS man...

Absolutely sucks. Pitching and defense are fine. Not a problem whatsoever. The offense is GARBAGE...

They may rip off some home runs, but only after they strike out 10 times a night and fail to score runners from second base with no outs....
sick.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

The offense SUCKS man...

Absolutely sucks. Pitching and defense are fine. Not a problem whatsoever. The offense is GARBAGE...

They may rip off some home runs, but only after they strike out 10 times a night and fail to score runners from second base with no outs....
sick.gif
smh.gif

Well, maybe their HR's are masking me from their real issues, but even though their pitching has been good up to this point, I'm wondering if andthinking they will fall off down the stretch.

Yeah, trust me... The offense sucks. Maybe it's just because I've been spoiled with this team offensively for as long as I can remember, but it'sincredibly frustrating watching this team hit right now... Struck out 16 times against Hochevar and the Royals bullpen two days ago...
sick.gif

The only way the pitching falls off is if the defense drops off... From a peripherals standpoint, the pitching is basically the same as it was last year... Thedefensive improvement is where the credit should go, and I don't see that falling off... In fact, it'll probably only get better as they get guyshealthy and Michael Young continues to grow into 3rd base...

mad.gif
Our problem most of the year has been the bullpen. Now its on thestarters.

-Fuentes took a while to adjust now he is a very consistant closer the past few weeks.

-Forget Halladay, Sherrill and Lee we should trade for Bud Black.

and Im not really worried about the offense cooling down the stretch, the addition of Vlad and Torii shouldnt hurt.

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/scoreboard#
  • B:
    circle_off.png
    circle_off.png
    circle_off.png
    S:
    circle_off.png
    circle_off.png
  • Pitching ( ):
  • 0 IP, 0 ER, 0 K
  • O:
    circle_off.png
    circle_off.png
  • Batting ( ):

Last Play:

[table][tr][td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [th=""] [/th] [th=""][/th] [th=""][/th] [th=""][/th] [/tr][tr][td]OAK[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]BOS[/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr][/table]

HR »
OAK: Cahill (6-8, 4.50 ERA)
BOS: Beckett (11-4, 3.42 ERA)

DET: Galarraga (5-8, 4.82 ERA)

TEX: Hunter (2-1, 2.17 ERA)

CLE: Pavano (8-8, 5.48 ERA)

LAA: Saunders (8-6, 4.94 ERA)

TOR: Romero (8-4, 3.44 ERA)

SEA: Hernandez (11-3, 2.45 ERA)

Originally Posted by Kookcle

-Forget Halladay, Sherrill and Lee we should trade for Bud Black.
I have no idea what Butcher does before and after games but I have YET to see him help fix any pitcher's problems. We need bud black, joemaddon and carew back
pimp.gif

And yea the fact that the rangers hit so many homeruns is what hurts them too imo. It seems like every guy goes up there trying to hit a HR no matter what. Ithink Kinsler got a little HR happy after last yr and forgot he's a leadoff man. I still hate facing them tho cuz it seems like they always connect for HRsagainst us
smh.gif

Kinsler shouldn't be hitting leadoff... But the Rangers have no other real options...

nerd.gif

[table][tr][td]WEST[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]PCT[/td] [td]GB[/td] [td]STRK[/td] [td]L10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LA Angels[/td] [td]58[/td] [td]40[/td] [td].592[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]Lost 2[/td] [td]8-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Texas[/td] [td]55[/td] [td]42[/td] [td].567[/td] [td]2.5[/td] [td]Won 2[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Seattle[/td] [td]51[/td] [td]48[/td] [td].515[/td] [td]7.5[/td] [td]Lost 4[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Oakland[/td] [td]41[/td] [td]57[/td] [td].418[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]Lost 2[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [/tr][/table]

Gotten awfully quiet in here since those Mariners went into their tailspin...
nerd.gif

but i thought pitching won divisions? Even if you have the worst defense and offense in the League...

smh.gif
at the loss last night and it's not looking good tonight. Looks like it's gonna be a tight race the rest of the season.

Does the fact that we swept Seattle and are looking in good shape to take the first two from Los Angeles factor in to a potential trade with the Rangers?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom