Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

after seeing so many colorways on the just posted xx9 i dont think any colorway except the black out can save that version of the 29. Lord knows the one with the big jumpman, while obnoxious, is still the better looking of the two. 

after seeing so many colorways on the just posted xx9 i dont think any colorway except the black out can save that version of the 29. Lord knows the one with the big jumpman, while obnoxious, is still the better looking of the two. 

Agreed, I don't like this one nearly as much. This might mean money saved for me. The other one was far better.

Agreed, I don't like this one nearly as much. This might mean money saved for me. The other one was far better.
the only one of that style that i will get will be the black out pair. The jumpman style is the easiest on the eye. 

Just used a coupon I won in the ISS contest on the team orange pair. Hoping these perform well on the court haven't worn a Jordan for basketball in a long time.

Just used a coupon I won in the ISS contest on the team orange pair. Hoping these perform well on the court haven't worn a Jordan for basketball in a long time.
Nice
smokin.gif
 I don't think you will be disappointed

the only one of that style that i will get will be the black out pair. The jumpman style is the easiest on the eye. 
i bought the gym red because i like how it looks, but found out the sole is actually smoke clear blk instead of solid rubber (i'm not a fan of clear sole when it comes to indoor balling) I ended up returning them after playing in them three times for the team orange. if they are both clear sole, i might as well get all clear for now. 

the gym red will be bought again when they go on sale.

The "Ultimate Gift of Flight Pack"
Hmmm, so that all white with the blue Jumpman will release on it's own and not in the pack. I like that.

Think I'm grabbing the Infrared 23 too.
Wonder when these below will release then
View media item 1196649
Pic via @madakickz

man i feel like I owe this shoe a HUGE apology. Initially like most, I was turned off by the huge orange jumpman, and the excessive elephant print between the two models. I think I had a post about 2 weeks ago bashing them pretty good.

I had a footlocker giftcard and went ahead and ordered the team oranges online with the intention to sell them upon arrival just to get my money back from the giftcard. When I got them I had to atleast try them on and my opinion immediately changed.

I was a big fan of the xx8 but these are a huge improvement in many ways

1. the forefoot zoom isnt pronounced like the xx8 and instead flush with the rest of the sole, however, the cushioning is still pronounced inside the shoe and you feel it on your foot, instead of under it.
2. the heel lockdown is perfect. they have used the same foam inserts for the heel lock that were present on the 2009 and the 2010, however this time they actually made them effective in locking your heel down and not just rubbing against it..
3. I went tts and its feel like I dont even need to tighten the laces for this shoe to stay on my foot.
4. the upper is extremely contouring yet nonrestrictive at the same time. gives me the same comfort as a low top as most mids dont feel right on my feet.

I feel like this is the shoe they wanted to XX3 to be but the technology just wasnt there yet. I always said I would have liked the XX3 more if the upper was some type of stretch mesh with the embroidered design. The XX9 is that shoe. The elephant print upper model can be classified as part of the evolution of the following models, XIV, to XX3 to 2009 to XX9. I also particularly like the gradient effect on the team orange pair. Also, both shoes have a different texture and are created with different thicknesses of flyweave. Ill definitely be looking to get more colorways and hopefully we will see these on ID.

the only thing that worries me about the shoe is where to flyweave connects to the midsole. i could easily see tears occuring along the midsole with players that get banged around and stepped on a lot.

View media item 1196676
View media item 1196678
View media item 1196679
View media item 1196680
View media item 1196681

misterj misterj thanks for the xx9 review. Everything is great about the shoes but with the exception of the traction. Am I the only one that have this issue?

Traction is great for me.

Be warned tho for those that haven't bought the xx9. You should definitely go TTS even if it feels a little snug. I first bought the gym red TTS played three times in them for couple hrs each time. My left foot is slightly bigger than my right, so I was feeling a little numb after an hr and half wearing them each time and the side felt slightly snug.

SO, I decide to go exchange them and got myself a sz11.5 in team orange. The heel to the side feels perfect as well as the toe area. However, when I started playing in them (since I like to keep my forefoot lace fairly loose) my foot was sliding inside the shoe where the shoe already stopped on lateral movement.. I was wearing thick NBA socks as well. A little bummer, but I will probably tighten my forefoot when I wear these from now on which is something I haven't done since the last leather basketball shoe I can remember.

Last edited:
Frank, you're the exact opposite of me. I'm a size 11, but my right foot is slightly bigger. Sometimes I wish shoes were sold separately lol

I was grabbing the white/blue xx9 anyway.
Didn't plan on grabbing the Pantone 11.

NOW YOU'RE TELLING ME I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO GRAB THE white/blue xx9 AT RETAIL BECAUSE ITS A PART OF A PACK.

Nah man, just ruined my day.

I'll split the pack with you if you're a sz 11 :tongue:

I was grabbing the white/blue xx9 anyway.
Didn't plan on grabbing the Pantone 11.

NOW YOU'RE TELLING ME I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO GRAB THE white/blue xx9 AT RETAIL BECAUSE ITS A PART OF A PACK.

Nah man, just ruined my day.

I'll split the pack with you if you're a sz 11 :tongue:

Sz 12
And it's since been "confirmed" that the original xx9 pictured in the pack is not only a PE for Westbrook or Maya Moore but, its been replaced by a xx9 EP.

If I was to score this pack the Pantone would be traded for 2 shoes I missed or one of these other $175 shoes that has been driven to $400+ retail prices.

It'd be hard for me not to be a **** head when trading away the 11.

I'd be like "okay I will take your Gamma 11 for my Pantone, but I also want your first born and your very next paycheck" :smile:

Sz 12
And it's since been "confirmed" that the original xx9 pictured in the pack is not only a PE for Westbrook or Maya Moore but, its been replaced by a xx9 EP.

If I was to score this pack the Pantone would be traded for 2 shoes I missed or one of these other $175 shoes that has been driven to $400+ retail prices.

It'd be hard for me not to be a **** head when trading away the 11.

I'd be like "okay I will take your Gamma 11 for my Pantone, but I also want your first born and your very next paycheck" :smile:

Word I hear you. Either way if you don't the 11s like you mentioned you could just sling them and get your money back and more.

TO's just arrived from FTL - had to use a freight forwarder to get them here overseas but well worth the wait.

The upper is amazing 
pimp.gif

Finally wore my TO last night to ball. Swapped them in after a couple of games in my XX8 first though. They definitely feel different as everyone has said. Feels like a completely different shoe as opposed to an evolution of the last. I was able to play in my TTS whereas I was .5 down in the XX8. The upper is amazingly light and support is perfect. The transition from back to front is smoother but a lot less bouncy overall. All the reviews have been spot on. 

I don't know if it has anything to do with the XX9 but this morning I was having some minor knee discomfort. Old age? Shoe related? I'll have to keep an eye on this and report back next time. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom