Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Don't take it too serious fam, its just a hypothesis. Just saying that JB can find their way around the any cost saving and price increase with a "logical" and 'reasonable" explanation. 

Don't take it too serious fam, its just a hypothesis. Just saying that JB can find their way around the any cost saving and price increase with a "logical" and 'reasonable" explanation. 

It really is too bad about the cost cutting. I'm sure Melos shoes will be better cushioned and cheaper lol Do the xx9s even say air jordan on the box??? I wonder if they will do a playoff edition with zoom in the heel at a higher pricepoint ?

Last edited:
Honestly, I wear enough different brands of shoes that I have become appreciative of all, or at least most, cushioning systems and the differences, unless they plain just suck (CL Boost forefoot). As long as the shoe feels good, I could care less about what is in there - Zoom, foam, Micro G, Boost, whatever, and the heel of the Jordan XX9 feels fine to me. Who cares if it has no Zoom? I have had crappy zoom units before and would rather have this foam than the Zoom from the Zoom 96 Retro I have. If you truly don't like the feel, understood, but just to down a shoe because it has no Zoom without trying it? Don't be that blind.

^^^ dude the foam will bottom out years before the zoom goes dead. Nike is just cutting costs plain and simple. Do you guys really think this shoe is worth almost $100 more than the superfly which has the same tooling but a different upper???

By the way I love my zoom flight 96 retros the zoom is nice and responsive. Don't know how you would prefer foam over that. But different strokes for different folks. We can agree to disagree

Last edited:
^^^ dude the foam will bottom out years before the zoom goes dead. Nike is just cutting costs plain and simple. Do you guys really think this shoe is worth almost $100 more than the superfly which has the same tooling but a different upper???

By the way I love my zoom flight 96 retros the zoom is nice and responsive. Don't know how you would prefer foam over that. But different strokes for different folks. We can agree to disagree

A shoe is worth what people will pay, and people are paying 225 so yea, it's worth it.(to those paying)

that's a false assumption about the foam and zoom IMO. yes, some foam setup do bottom out as it compresses with age, but at the same time zoom bag also deflate over time and often pop with a lot of use. i've had shoes like the LeBron 2s, OG XIVs, OG Xiii and retros with zoom popping playing in them indoor and out. AND had the first hyperdunk's foam that went flat in just two month. 

is it worth $100 over the superfly 3? probably not, but the upper definitely requires more hr to finish which = more cost. it's the cost of using different materials IMO.

Last edited:
I don't understand all the hate... i believe its a great shoe compared to any of the retros JB has been pumping out.... and everyone complaining about the price, cmon its common sense, most of the price is driven by the NAME. Take away the logo and "jordan" name its way less than $225. I personally think its worth the $225 for a Jordan shoe.

I don't understand all the hate... i believe its a great shoe compared to any of the retros JB has been pumping out.... and everyone complaining about the price, cmon its common sense, most of the price is driven by the NAME. Take away the logo and "jordan" name its way less than $225. I personally think its worth the $225 for a Jordan shoe.
Bro, they removed the air from an Air Jordan. That's where all the hate is coming from. Imagine dating a girl with big knockers and coming home one night to find out she had surgery to have them reduced in order to "save weight". Are you gonna be as excited as you were before to get in bed with her?

Bro, they removed the air from an Air Jordan. That's where all the hate is coming from. Imagine dating a girl with big knockers and coming home one night to find out she had surgery to have them reduced in order to "save weight". Are you gonna be as excited as you were before to get in bed with her?
so the forefoot "air" are not air?? 

Is this true / real??
I'd still cop... 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
if thats the case im definitely copping. selling the XI will easily pay for me keeping the xx9

Lets be real guys, casually it might be worth every penny, but for ballers it's just way too overpriced to not have heel zoom. Yeah I know heel cushioning is a preference and foam also works well but then the price should have been lowered. The price is just unacceptable for ballers that prefer having heel zoom. I know the woven upper drove the cost up but the price should have been lower with no heel zoom IMO.

Last edited:

I'll agree some foam does bottom quickly and sucks. But this doesn't feel that type. Micro G from three years ago still feels great. Granted, this ain't micro G, but it's good.

Now, don't get me wrong, for what you get, the cost is ridiculous. I am NOT saying they are worth the cost. No shoes of this ilk are, IMO. If I had to pay for my shoes I wouldn't grab any for retail - wait on outlets or Ross. But if you are holding off from a performance perspective because of lack of Zoom, try them on anyway and see.

Yea the cost is second turn off from this shoe. First is the giant jumpman

How much did the original air jordan xvii retail with case and cd? I remember thinking jordan brand is nuts for raising the price on these but the design was simple and cool and it was a good ball shoe without lace cover and i ended up buying them

The xvii low should have been the main sig

But yes this shoe priced at 170 or 180 and a smaller jumpman like on the black red and i might have bought

I hope they drastically change this line for the 30th anniversary. If jordan brand wants to be known as a premium brand id love for them to use some type of premium leather on some parts

But people still continue to purchase these corner cutting shoes at 250 including tax things will never change.

I do like that black white colorway

Last edited:
XVII and briefcase were $200. Got mine for $80 at champs that summer. Great shoe. Mine finally unglued last year.

I would love to see a true, nice leather like the YOTH Melo this year. Nothing better to me.

I'll agree some foam does bottom quickly and sucks. But this doesn't feel that type. Micro G from three years ago still feels great. Granted, this ain't micro G, but it's good.

Now, don't get me wrong, for what you get, the cost is ridiculous. I am NOT saying they are worth the cost. No shoes of this ilk are, IMO. If I had to pay for my shoes I wouldn't grab any for retail - wait on outlets or Ross. But if you are holding off from a performance perspective because of lack of Zoom, try them on anyway and see.

Fam , I am older than most dudes in here and I have been PLAYING in Jordans since 1988. So my perspective may be different than most As a long time consumer and jordan collector/basketball player it is an insult to my intelligence that nike would have the audacity to remove air from the heel and charge over 200 bucks for a superfly with a different upper. So no I won't try them on. I'm not buying. I really like how the shoe looks especially the river walk pair but I'm not buying even if they hit the outlets. I really liked the zoom rookie also but passed due to lack of zoom and from the reports of many NTers they were unwearable for basketball I also only buy flyknit trainers and pass on the racers even though have nice colorways because the trainers and racers cost the same but the racers only have forefoot zoom and the trainers heel and forefoot zoom. Racers should be cheaper right? But they aren't. Bottom line these Jordans will still sell no matter what. I like how they look but just can't /won't bite

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom