Official Air Jordan VI & VII "Golden Moments" Pack! 8/18/12 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Will you be purchasing the Golden Moments Pack?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I love how people say a shoe is a flop when resellers sell them for slightly above retail. In JB's eyes these were a success because they sold out instantly.... I could care less about how it effected the resell market..... IMO a shoe is only a flop if it sits for months at retail then goes to the outlets if not then it is not a flop....

I love how people say a shoe is a flop when resellers sell them for slightly above retail. In JB's eyes these were a success because they sold out instantly.... I could care less about how it effected the resell market..... IMO a shoe is only a flop if it sits for months at retail then goes to the outlets if not then it is not a flop....

Yeah - to people who want the shoe (not me) it was a success.

To people who want to sell the shoe (also not me) it was a flop.

But, damn near every release is a flop in terms of resale value. Even if a GR single doubles in resale price - if you have to "camp" for it for a day, you're sleeping on the street for 24 hours for what - $150? That's less than minimum wage.

I love how kids who do this refer to it as their "hustle." Hey - you want to know another hustle that brings you about the same return on your investment of time? Work at McDonalds.

BIP - cant agree with you on the flop on resell part. This pack is probably one of the better releases as far as profit goes. Probably one of the easier ones because of the raffle things that happened.
Pack is about $370 after tax. People were selling for $700 for a few days. Even selling for $450 was still netting money and a lot of people think $450 is a good price.

BIP - cant agree with you on the flop on resell part. This pack is probably one of the better releases as far as profit goes. Probably one of the easier ones because of the raffle things that happened.
Pack is about $370 after tax. People were selling for $700 for a few days. Even selling for $450 was still netting money and a lot of people think $450 is a good price.
and it will sell for way more the next year or next few years... 

In the past two weeks I have managed to cop two deadstock VIs for $200 each (one even sent the pack box), which was all I wanted, but this past weekend I found a guy selling two packs for $400 each in my size. Couldn't pass that up. Bought both. Will sell the 7s and make my overall total payment per pair of VI's under retail. Now I just have to decide whether I will keep just 2 pairs of VIs, 3, or all 4.

I know most wont agree but these were a flop. Many lost a week of their lives to cash in or cop for "collecting" and 3 weeks later, you can find them floating around the retailers and copping off resellers for $420-$480.

A flop for who? As I recall it most people did a raffle so not to many people camped for a week...JB sold all the packs so it sure aint a flop for them, and resellers who sold for $450 or above made a quick profit.

good thing i went for my gut feeling and thought these would go way down to buy off resellers. 

its not a gut feeling. its a fact.

all items that are somewhat limited sell high initially then go down in price as the items flood the market and the people that really wanted them already purchased them. prices rise again once the inventories dry up and they become harder to find.

infrared pack
many CDPs
raging bull pack

are just quick examples.

all items that are somewhat limited sell high initially then go down in price as the items flood the market and the people that really wanted them already purchased them. prices rise again once the inventories dry up and they become harder to find.
infrared pack
many CDPs
raging bull pack
are just quick examples.

supply and demand....if you love shoe and are willing to pay...go for it. If you're willing wait and see if prices go down and then come up, great! At the end of the day, buy whatever you like not what the market dictates. I'm happy for everyone that came up on the restocks.

For those who have the GMPs and bordeauxs how do the 7s fit compared to the bordeauxs? Can't someone help me out? Trying to figure out what size to get. Bordeauxs are the only 7s I have atm and they ran huge in my true size.

the bordeuxs run a little bit bigger than the gmp 7s. not sure if its an entire half size bigger but they def run bigger

Got my pair today. 6's have red on the sole but, it's not too bad and the other shoe is pushed in but, probably will be fixed by wearing it. The 7's were unlaced(does that mean someone tried them on?), the wings are crooked, and toe box is dirty on both. Can't believe we spend so much and have to settle for sneakers in this condition. :rolleyes :lol:

A flop for who? As I recall it most people did a raffle so not to many people camped for a week...JB sold all the packs so it sure aint a flop for them, and resellers who sold for $450 or above made a quick profit.

agreed.

i recently sold a pack for $489, and still made around $120+ after shipping + paypal fees.

if you think about it, a quick sale for $100+ profit >> waiting 3-4 months for that profit to double— since most people got bills to pay each month, better to keep money moving quick instead of having it sit (as a $200 profit after selling your pack in december-january would really net $50 a month).

that would be the 'reseller/flipper' mindset though. if you don't flip much, or still live at home w/o any bills to pay— then i would understand why you'd want to sit on these before selling them.

definitely not a flop imo.

Last edited:
good thing i went for my gut feeling and thought these would go way down to buy off resellers. 

infrared pack
many CDPs
raging bull pack

are just quick examples.

Better example is the PS3. I remember before it released it was going for crazy prices. People were selling their pre-orders for loads of cash. After it released you were lucky if you got $50 over retail.

^^^ sorry dude but that is a terrible comparison.
PS3s never stopped production. GMP has a certain quantity and thats it. The examples I used were dead on.

^^^ sorry dude but that is a terrible comparison.
PS3s never stopped production. GMP has a certain quantity and thats it. The examples I used were dead on.

I meant as for the prices plummeting after the market was flooded ..

I forget most of you have the intelligence of wood. A flop to the resellers. I said "most of you wouldn't agree" because as seen as with most release, most of the posters are merely here for resell purposes.

I got my pair and was happy..AT RETAIL.

Next time I'll be more specific.

This pack was a flop for resellers!
Looks at your sig...

Good!

And before you say "you mad bro?" ....I got mines for retail.
tongue.gif

Got my pair today. 6's have red on the sole but, it's not too bad and the other shoe is pushed in but, probably will be fixed by wearing it. The 7's were unlaced(does that mean someone tried them on?), the wings are crooked, and toe box is dirty on both. Can't believe we spend so much and have to settle for sneakers in this condition. :rolleyes :lol:

srry to hear, mines came in great condition luckily for me.

^Aw man you like a pro reseller cool. $1200 thats mad cash mannn dont hate the player hate the game right? Mad props $1200 few hours. Cue the jay im a hustle homie sound bite, smoke machine, and slow mo you the man. Am i mad bro?

Back
Top Bottom