Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are gonna be the slowest 5 days EVER 
sick.gif

Hard to believe that Nike would go back to the FCFS especially for a shoe this hot. Knicks 1s weren't for everyone. 

Well it's finally official were not getting them here.. it's gonna be the online struggle for me  
Lookin like online or bust for me as well...

drove to milwaukee to enter a raffle at their hoh today, but I'm sure I won't get selected
nerd.gif
yo i was gonna go to the mill too but the roads where bad and my tires aren't all that great so i didn't go.. i'm in racine

Anybody in the DMV area know what niketown dc is doing, i know sports zone in gtown will have them, and i dont go to major so i dont call that guy.

I think they might decided if they will do FCFS or RSVP depending on the demand for these. I think the main reason they did FCFS for the Knicks was because not too many dudes were really sweating them. Just my 2 cents. 

I also asked my boy that works at NikeTown and he said they should prob be doing an RSVP Thursday, but idk how sure he was about it. 

Quick Question.. If you guys had a chance for a store doing FCFS..
How long would you guys stay in line for ?
MAX. More than 4 hours? Less? An entire night?

I used to do an hour or 2 with the exception of the cool grey 11s

but it was usually easy to just wake up an hour before the stoer opened but we know post concords those days are gone

these young beasts are the reason RSVP started..they were camping at the nike store here TWO days before the white cement 4s..thats why they started rsvp for the playoff 12s which were the next major release that year..

the boutique here all the kids go to said that they expect people to be camping from 8pm til 10 am launch :smh::smh:
smh

Looks like NTNYC is doing RSVP for the All Star pack.....hopefully thats a Good indication for Royal 1s in NY area 
eyes.gif

but it was usually easy to just wake up an hour before the stoer opened but we know post concords those days are gone

these young beasts are the reason RSVP started..they were camping at the nike store here TWO days before the white cement 4s..thats why they started rsvp for the playoff 12s which were the next major release that year..

the boutique here all the kids go to said that they expect people to be camping from 8pm til 10 am launch :smh::smh:
smh
I always thought they did the RSVP because of the Orlando Foamposite (and also Concords) fiasco... not cause kids camping out 2 days in advance...

Last edited:
Ive never seen a thread go in so many different directions than this one.

Anyways, for my Miami people, both HOH gave out raffle tickets. Called a local finishline, they dont know if theyre getting them but if they are its fcfs. All the local boutiques are about the same. Gotta keep up throughout the week to see how I can get my pair.

Didn't think these were going to be so limited. My connects can't hold me down and no stores around me are getting them.

Its my 30th Bday on Thursday and was planning on copping a pair as a "to me from me" gift since these were announced last Fall. FML! Looks like I'll be paying BS resale prices if I want a pair. So sick of this sneaker sh*t sometimes. End rant//

Yup. Me and my cousin were talking about it the other day. Yes it got worse cause all the hypebeast resellers. But since there are so many, I noticed that the resell prices have been slowly. I've been seeing fair resell prices on releases. Not saying the average is lower but you can find a lot of good deals if you missed out. Seems like there are just as many sellers as buyers and you can find a deal with guys who are sitting on multiple pairs(3+). The game has gotten worse but with a small silver lining.
its not rocket science, wait a week or two after the release date and what started at resale of $350-400 will drop to $275-325...do what i do, ask if they wish to sit on a shoe or flip right now CASH MONEY...i copped a pair of bred iv's via eastbay but doubled up through a reseller for $210 two days after RD. 

Didn't think these were going to be so limited. My connects can't hold me down and no stores around me are getting them.

Its my 30th Bday on Thursday and was planning on copping a pair as a "to me from me" gift since these were announced last Fall. FML! Looks like I'll be paying BS resale prices if I want a pair. So sick of this sneaker sh*t sometimes. End rant//
best of luck bro. my bday falls on the "holiday release" (the 11s) and have come out w/ pairs. hope the same happens to you. welcome to the dirty 30 club 8)

smh
I always thought they did the RSVP because of the Orlando Foamposite (and also Concords) fiasco... not cause kids camping out 2 days in advance...

yea the main reason nationally was concords and galaxy foams...but i meant locally they were talking about doing something different for releases after the 2 day camp

any word on these in atlanta. my brother works at footation. couldnt even hold me down with a pair. tickets were gone smh. i hope this is not goin to be crazy

Ive never seen a thread go in so many different directions than this one.

Anyways, for my Miami people, both HOH gave out raffle tickets. Called a local finishline, they dont know if theyre getting them but if they are its fcfs. All the local boutiques are about the same. Gotta keep up throughout the week to see how I can get my pair.

A local Miami member :pimp: ....yea I need to call around to who is getting them...Miami needs a Niketown man :\

I swear these better be hard to get, based on how everybody wants to toss the L word around.

Hope I'm able to get my hands on these. If NTNY does an RSVP, I think they will, I'll have a better chance. These probably won't sit in NY sadly.:frown:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom