roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

dudes justifying price increases due to "INFLATION" over 2 yrs... it costs an additional $40 to produce the shoes now
laugh.gif

OoOoOo the Nike Air makes them well worth the extra $40... Now I need to rock my jeans tucked in my heel so everyone can see I have the 88 Retros

I'm not really mad at the Nike Air... as stated before, I could care less... I actually like the Jumpman instead of Nike Air as I have NO HISTORY WITH NIKE AIR. My 1st Jordan was the 96 Black/Red XI.
I was gonna bust a little math out on that inflation dude but I saw your post right after his, I'll just leave it alone 
laugh.gif

Dudes trying to justify JB/Nike bending them over. :lol:

I really really want this, but can't get behind this tomfoolery. $200 MSRP? What's the reason for the mark-up. I'm sitting this one out, let the sheep continue to flock. Damn shame what this has become.

Im going to cop these but stop and think about this: The Jordan IIIs retailed for 100 in 1988. The 88 2013 Cement IIIs cost 200. Thats over 100% markup. Yet people are hyping like crazy over spending the extra money

I would have loved this a few years back, but this "game" is becoming a pain. I have other things I would rather spend my money on. If I'm going to drop this much I would rather buy some Lebron's. I don't need anymore cracking soles with garbage quality. Kids you can have these. MJ has got to be cracking up at this.

I would have loved this a few years back, but this "game" is becoming a pain. I have other things I would rather spend my money on. If I'm going to drop this much I would rather buy some Lebron's. I don't need anymore cracking soles with garbage quality. Kids you can have these. MJ has got to be cracking up at this.

Im going to cop these but stop and think about this: The Jordan IIIs retailed for 100 in 1988. The 88 2013 Cement IIIs cost 200. Thats over 100% markup. Yet people are hyping like crazy over spending the extra money
Yea but that 100% mark up is over a 25 year period. If you look at this price jump at this exact point in time, it's a 25% ($40) mark up overnight which is ridiculous. 

Last edited:
200 dollars and people will still cop... smh
Yeah like this guy. My 2011 pair to rock got stolen after one wear. I need a back up and why not pick one that has Nike Air for close to the same price I would purchase a DS 11 pair. To each his own right? Exactly.

LOL at "trying" to justify the price

the release barely over a year ago at $150

i DONT care what they cost in 88 or any other year, there is NO reason the price should jump $50. is the NA made up gold underneath that we arent aware of? its the same damn plastic that they mold the jumpman air out of.

inflation my butt, shut up with the BS.

JB is buying into their own hype. I cant wait til all this hypebeast BS dies off so real collectors can get real shoes without hassle and without the rape price. actually nevermind on the price, after this release good luck with your XI's in december. i foresee a price of $200 or more easily after this stupid release.

S-M-H

Maybe Nike was salty cuz they got booted off the J's in the 1st place. Now they taxing JB to come back, PAY ME! Throwing legal terms like liscensing around...

not sure how i feel about these right now. Its still too early for me to say, i would love to buy these if the white was molded in to the mid sole instead of it being painted on

You can't even use were and where properly, and WE'RE supposed to take you seriously? One of the biggest malls in the Chicago area (Woodfield) had a FSR of Columbias months after they came out in 2001. And that's just one of the more popular shoes. You want to talk about other retros? If you even want to compare the demand from 2001 to now you're crazy. Hell, the demand for Jordans right now is higher than it was when he was playing and the models were new!

But yes, you don't know a thing about business if you can't comprehend that the rise in demand has been the reason for a rise in price. It's as simple as it gets, and yet people like you still can't grasp it. I'm done even trying to reason with the knuckleheads.

Location does play a huge factor. Chicago, you say? Wow. Thats saying alot lol. The hype for these shoes from Mjs playing days pales in comparison to now because we were only getting 2-3 models per year (at least during the Bulls era), so depending on where you lived, it wasnt a one-shot deal once they sold out. also, retros were not too "cool" yet, and there wasnt much of the nostalgia factor due to him still being on the basketball court.

Back
Top Bottom