Official Air Jordan 13 Black/White/True Red Retro Thread. No Buying/Selling/Trading (3/16/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ready for someone to call them the black/red/white space jam 13s. Can't wait Bart Scott.gif

Yup this sounds like me too.... Even though after I got my first job I splurged but then slowed down during college to afford it....
Good thing im done with college and have my job in my career haha 
Yeah I'm done with college and have a career now. I don't know how these guys double or triple every release if they aren't in a good career its tough to afford just 1 pair of what I like....

Last edited:
Yeah I'm done with college and have a career now. I don't know how these guys double or triple every release if they aren't in a good career its tough to afford just 1 pair of what I like....

How much money you earn is only as important as your expenses. Plus credit cards.

How much money you earn is only as important as your expenses. Plus credit cards.

you'd have to make a NICE salary to be able to doubleup on $200 shoes weekly like it seems a lot of people do these days.

10 more days..can't wait! The only other MUST COP of the year for me

Last edited:
I wish they still made shoes like they used to. I put on my OG black toe 13s and they are so soft and comfortable. Smh at the stuff weAre paying for now..

you'd have to make a NICE salary to be able to doubleup on $200 shoes weekly like it seems a lot of people do these days.

I guess I'm lucky enough to be able to get at least one pair I want a week if I really wanted to I guess college paid off for me haha

Or some people dont have their priorities straight and think shoes are more important than everything else
^ yeah, maybe some people are just thinking about now and not about the future. I just recently got my career going, and sure I splurged for couple months. 

^^^ its not about the "couple of months" its the totality of the situation.

if you dropping $400 a week and its 52 weeks in a year, thats $20,800 of POST TAX money. Thats about 30-35K pre tax.

if you dropping $400 a week and its 52 weeks in a year, thats $20,800 of POST TAX money. Thats about 30-35K pre tax.
100% correct I don't know how somebody could justify that.... :x

No need to double cuz most my shoes look fairly new, years later. Only double if its a 1 because they could be worn decades from now.

Last edited:
Thats real talk. Guess i ain't "bout dat life". Expensive hobby man. I only buy one pair if shoes when i buy. And i still don't even wear a lot of my shoes.

If you got it like that then I don't see what the big deal is :lol: ... People spend more money on other collectables in a year, so 20K seems like light work to me.

And let's be realistic, how many people do y'all know that double up every week on a new release besides resellers? I know a few collectors who double up on certain releases, but not all.

Retros don't drop every week, so y'all saying people be doubling up on Phats, Mids, Alphas, Spiz'ikes, 6 rings, etc too?? Even if we add Kobes, Lebrons, KDs, Foams, and other gimmicks to the equation they still don't release every week, so I think that total number is much lower than 20K. And if you're a reseller, you're probably breaking even if your clientele is top notch.

If you got it like that then I don't see what the big deal is :lol: ... People spend more money on other collectables in a year, so 20K seems like light work to me.

And let's be realistic, how many people do y'all know that double up every week on a new release besides resellers? I know a few collectors who double up on certain releases, but not all.

Retros don't drop every week, so y'all saying people be doubling up on Phats, Mids, Alphas, Spiz'ikes, 6 rings, etc too?? Even if we add Kobes, Lebrons, KDs, Foams, and other gimmicks to the equation they still don't release every week, so I think that total number is much lower than 20K. And if you're a reseller, you're probably breaking even if your clientele is top notch.

HAS IT LIKE THAT = NICE SALARY so you just supported what I said initially.

honestly, it seems like 70% of niketalk HAS IT LIKE THAT. was just an observation. more power to those that do.

the numbers i toss out are very, very rough BUT nike has been smacking us with multiple shoes most weekends that can offset the doubles talk.

I mean, unless you only follow 1 shoe, then you will average at least the 21K number i tossed out there.

Nike will gladly do a thursday friday and saturday set of releases that will include Kobes, Lebrons, KDs, Jordan XX8s, Foamposites, Jordan Retros x 2 or 3, Penny Vs, Barkleys, etc and people will hop on at least 2-3 of them.

Last edited:
I think to "HAVE IT LIKE THAT"  you would need to be well into a six figure salary to spend 20k plus on Sneakers, and still be considered responsible (bills paid, home owner, take care of family, ect) 

This is not the norm... 

So I'm guessing there are a lot of cats out there with maxed out/near maxed out CC, or they are wearing their kicks once and reselling (which I'll never understand, but that's me)

Back to the topic about the release itself. Is there any information about being ticket release, grab n' go, or a raffle? I don't want to assume its something and then make an *** of myself. I'm sure NikeTown will do the traditional RSVP, but will other stores follow suit this time around?

My friend just bought himself a pair for $230 cash in Brooklyn, NY - good deal? I'm also looking for a size 14 pair myself, but can't help paying more than $200-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom