Official Air Jordan 11 Retro "Bred" - The aftermath.... No Buying/Selling/Trading

I always thought that the unique packaging was the reason behind the price difference from other retros. Complaining about not having the drawer box may come off as petty, but it's the principle of it. It's absurd to have a price increase and offer less.

I always thought that the unique packaging was the reason behind the price difference from other retros. Complaining about not having the drawer box may come off as petty, but it's the principle of it. It's absurd to have a price increase and offer less.

I think I would only pay 185 if they make them as good as the 1996 OGs with more stuffing at the ankles,
white/black painted Carbon fiber, true red outsoles, Jumpman on the left shoe facing forward.
Same patent leather quality and cut like the OGs etc.
But as they won't I will simply skip them.

quality is gonna be crappy, and I bet you guys anything a lot of people are going to die trying to get these

After what I have seen on these, I can tell that they're just early samples. These... to me, don't seem like they're final product...or are they. Now I have seen a few pics of these and I wanna say they look kind of alright. However the varsity red on these dosen't quite look like the 2001's. The toebox, patent leather cut looks a'ight but it's just the carbon fiber plate and the translucent sole that has me kind of skeptical. If JB expects to sell these they would have to make these better comparing to the 2008 CDP Bred 11's...with the varsity red. But as for the ones I seen, they're protoypes to me. And they said that these would be put into a orginal JB box? C'mon man, why would you want to put these into a regular Jordan Brand box, huh? That's seems kind of bogus. You talk about a pair of $185 kicks? Man these should be in the same Jordan XI pull out box that the previous releases came in. C'mon JB! If not then I'll still get these anyway, LOL

Great.. and I just bought CDP Breds -_- 

As bad as the cardboard-level quality was on those (believe me, I own also a pair), take that as your plan B. There's no pressure for you to lose hours/days(?) of your life camping out, or take it up the bunghole paying reseller prices. You saw what happend for the Concord & Galaxy Foams releases, no need to end up on the news for all the wrong reasons. If you strikeout, no worries since you have a pair already. If you score, great. You've either doubled-up or can now choose which pair to keep/sell. There WILL BE buyers for bred XIs.

And I wouldn't expect a huge jump in quality, given the fact this will be another surefire sellout for JB.

Last edited:
Some of the early release sites already have these. Saw a sz 13 for $320 which was tempting but I never, never buy pre-release kicks.

Would a european site like crooked tongues sell above retail for these?

its hard to tell but most sites these days are noticing jordans are popular as hell and seeing the high prices so they either dont take the VAT and or raise the price above retail :smh:

Box or no box i will still cop.................but really would like a black red pull out box.
same. u dont carry the box out in public but its sure nice to have some kind of separation from standard jordan boxes when u put them back in. i have the jams cool greys and cords and itd look out of place. ill still cop but am hoping they switch it up before release. at least give us a sturdy box. these new joints arent stack friendly

CDP Breds are more worth the money than these, considering the fact you might be risking your life for hype.

It will be interesting to see how this all shapes up going forward with the concord lessons learned.

I wouldn't put it past Nike to change things up, possibly use a standard 2012 box simply because of factors like time (getting more pairs manufactured compared to waiting times for box building)

-easier to print labels than make an entire box

Another issue will be how Euro sites handle this release....last year I was only able to get my pairs from two of the Euro sites and pretty much was retail (about $190 shipped in all if I remember correctly) - knowing how that all went down, it will be interesting to see if they keep the prices high (as they have been with most releases this year)

all in all - I think the same things will happen and history will repeat itself

SDS/AR/Whoever is going to drop the first "early release" and folks will bite, realize the mistake they made

early sell/preorder sites will post these for around $359 as they did last year (CS, DSS, UTA)

The week or two before release a few "decent" sites will put these up for around $279 shipped and then on release day through the 28th we will see the inflated $400+ price

I could be wrong - but I think folks are clamoring for this release to make money.....sad...sad world we live in...but I guess a hustle is a hustle no matter the industry

Last edited:
getting rid of my other cdp pair so I can cop these early and see how they are so far.. it will probly be a stupid move because its so early but I just wanna see them so far

It will be interesting to see how this all shapes up going forward with the concord lessons learned.

I wouldn't put it past Nike to change things up, possibly use a standard 2012 box simply because of factors like time (getting more pairs manufactured compared to waiting times for box building)

-easier to print labels than make an entire box

Another issue will be how Euro sites handle this release....last year I was only able to get my pairs from two of the Euro sites and pretty much was retail (about $190 shipped in all if I remember correctly) - knowing how that all went down, it will be interesting to see if they keep the prices high (as they have been with most releases this year)

all in all - I think the same things will happen and history will repeat itself

SDS/AR/Whoever is going to drop the first "early release" and folks will bite, realize the mistake they made

early sell/preorder sites will post these for around $359 as they did last year (CS, DSS, UTA)

The week or two before release a few "decent" sites will put these up for around $279 shipped and then on release day through the 28th we will see the inflated $400+ price

I could be wrong - but I think folks are clamoring for this release to make money.....sad...sad world we live in...but I guess a hustle is a hustle no matter the industry
I agree with all this. I will retract all of my box complaints if they are going to produce more shoes and make this a slightly easier cop than the concords were. If they have a good reason for the box change like reducing the craziness then its fine by me.

getting rid of my other cdp pair so I can cop these early and see how they are so far.. it will probly be a stupid move because its so early but I just wanna see them so far
Nobody in their right mind is gonna pay you $380 for a pair of used CDPs.

Back
Top Bottom