Official Air Jordan 11 Retro "Bred" - The aftermath.... No Buying/Selling/Trading

Now I know if I ever sells shoes to fellow NT'ers, I'll just put em in a plastic bag, bubble wrap it, and slap a shipping sticker on it.

About 3 more weeks to go. :D

that's not the case though:

"eastbay is lazy, they don't double box!"
"I bought from ____, he didn't double box!"
"my box got scratched!"

It's like, dual personalities over here. HYPOCRISY all over.
:tongue:

You know how people like to FRONT.

Last edited:
ive always been curious about this..
did the OG Breds come with that box above, or that orange/black box? I've seen some show off thier OG breds and its the orange/black box of the 90s era. I know for a fact the Jordan XI IE that came towards the end of the 95-96 season was the black/orange box. and all it says is Air Jordan Low, I know because my folks bought it for me. but my OGs i bought from a friend never got to see the "ACTUAL" box.
since everyone is on the topic of boxes lol

Both

as for the whole box issue, i always thought the XI box was cool...for people following and collecting the recent annual XI releases, this is a huge slap in the face if they don't give you the special box...it's just stupid

Last edited:
Does anyone know if finishline.com will be doing a raffle online for this instead of the first come first serve 8am est release?

My boy sent me a pic of the pairs he got from a connect... Saying that his connect always coming through for him. When I asked him how much he paid, he said "My connect only charged me $280 a pair since I got 2, he was asking $320." I lol'ed my *** off... I remember when a connect just hooks you for retail and gives him a little extra for gas, beer, or a meal.

One of my local stores said they are only going to get 13 pairs. Last year for the Concords they got two 13's. Not sure how many they will get this year. Makes my odds slim to none

Is this a box discussion? Regardless of how it comes, we know we ALL are going to buy them anyways. So who cares?

Im excited, as Ive stated this will be my first Xmas 11 pickup. Missed concords and Cool greys, I was just getting into shoes then.

Do you guys think the quality will be better than the other black/red 11 releases? Or like most JB shoes the quality has decreased with time?

Four months later and we're still discussing boxes?

As a collector I get it
Also with them continuing to raise prices I get it

But complaining isn't going to change things.

We ARE actually paying for the box. I mean, I'll be good with a plastic bag as long as it's cheaper and
the shoes are good. But that's not the case right. And this is the first time I've talked about this. I just
got fed up of people accepting it. Just because we can't change things doesn't mean we can't talk about
it. It's a friggin forum bro. That mentality is why JB gets to cross us and we're smiling all gigly and happy.
STILL THANKFUL.
"Since I can't change the fact I'm ok with it" isn't really a good way to carry on with your life brother. This will
be the last time I talk about the box since there seems to be a quota. It's like you guys feel like not talking
about it will make it better.
mean.gif
So let me get this straight.. you think the price increase is about a BOX!?

How on earth do you explain every retro going up in price since the early 2000's then that didn't have new fancy boxes!?!?!?

IT'S CALLED INFLATION! The price on everything has gone up, I can't believe people think it's because of a box
mean.gif

They actually came in both boxes. One with the lid and the Nike box. OGS that is.
This is the box the OG's came in.. I hope they bring this box back to shut everyone up about a sliding drawer. I can't believe everyone thinks

the price has gone up because of a box change.. it's called inflation.

OG XI's + OG Box (this is how it should be):

How on earth do you explain every retro going up in price since the early 2000's then that didn't have new fancy boxes!?!?!?

IT'S CALLED INFLATION! The price on everything has gone up, I can't believe people think it's because of a box
mean.gif
No, Nike/JB specifically said that the price increase on XI's is due to the collectors box and that is exactly what you are paying for with the additional money.  When people first got up in arms about the price increase over other retro releases Nike/JB said that themselves.  You're inflation hypothesis (which going by actual historical inflation rates does not apply seeing as JB's % increase is over the inflation rate) couldn't even be applied to all of the increase from $160 for other retros to $175 for XI's, that is JB sticking it to us for their most popular model and a 1/3 of that can be attributed to inflation.  The $175 to $185 jump cannot be attributed to inflation.  Just putting that out there so you will stop saying a 15% increase in price over 4 years is solely due to inflation.

No box talk here, I'm talking money.  And I will buy em for retail no question about it.  But I can't buy any of these shoes once retail hits $200, which we will see in the coming years no doubt.

Last edited:
No, Nike/JB specifically said that the price increase on XI's is due to the collectors box and that is exactly what you are paying for with the additional money.  When people first got up in arms about the price increase over other retro releases Nike/JB said that themselves.  You're inflation hypothesis (which going by actual historical inflation rates does not apply seeing as JB's % increase is over the inflation rate) couldn't even be applied to all of the increase from $160 for other retros to $175 for XI's, that is JB sticking it to us for their most popular model and a 1/3 of that can be attributed to inflation.  The $175 to $185 jump cannot be attributed to inflation.  Just putting that out there so you will stop saying a 15% increase in price over 4 years is solely due to inflation.
Just curious, do you have a link to support this?

And I thought they RAISED the price of the BRED XI to $185, where the Concords were $180. So how do you explain them raising the $5? That's on top of last years price. The point is the retros have always gone up in price, I remember buying the blackcat IV's in 2006 for like $110.

You state that this isn't a result of inflation, yet there's no extra box this year and they raised the price $5.. sounds like inflation to me.

"In the end, maybe a better way to satisfy everyone is taking Tinker Hatfield‘s suggestion of if you’re going to raise retail prices on consumers anyways because of factors like raw material costs, labor, freight, and such, then why not increase the price another $5 or $10 or what it would cost on a product to actually improve the production build and selection of materials. If kids are paying close to $200 on a shoe, a little extra cash for a higher quality constructed product seems like a much more decent trade off than an ornate box with plastic trinkets and a sub-par assembled sneaker."

http://counterkicks.com/2012/05/jor...n-retro-4-11-retail-prices-says-jordan-brand/

Last edited:

IT'S CALLED INFLATION! The price on everything has gone up, I can't believe people think it's because of a box :smh:

You missed it bro. Nice try though. :D
I will not even bother explaining.

Since i will not complain from now on, got my 2 pairs locked. So glad I wont be dealing with all the madness. The good thing about these is that if I dont like them enough to keep em, theyre good trade bait.

Last edited:
ive always been curious about this..
did the OG Breds come with that box above, or that orange/black box? I've seen some show off thier OG breds and its the orange/black box of the 90s era. I know for a fact the Jordan XI IE that came towards the end of the 95-96 season was the black/orange box. and all it says is Air Jordan Low, I know because my folks bought it for me. but my OGs i bought from a friend never got to see the "ACTUAL" box.
since everyone is on the topic of boxes lol

The OG XI's (Concords, colombias) have the Black Grey boxes with the Jordan symbol when they released in 95/96

The Black/Reds dropped that April of 96 and i remember them having both of the boxes....

By the time the Black/Red's came out.....the XI's were already considered a classic.....that shoe was TOO CLEAN when it first dropped

"Since I can't change the fact I'm ok with it" isn't really a good way to carry on with your life brother. This will
be the last time I talk about the box since there seems to be a quota. It's like you guys feel like not talking
about it will make it better. :smh:

My mentality on life is a bit different from the mentality on the box that my shoes come in homie.

Not talking about it won't make it better. Talking about it won't either. It's a dead horse- a broken record. Tired of hearing it. You gonna pass cause the box isn't up to par? If not, then idk why all these rebels in here talkin all mad and butthurt when they're gonna be entered in the same raffles crossing their fingers too.

Do you man, I'm all for fighting for stuff to change. Difference is, I want it to be about the important things first.

Getting JB to give us quality shoes > getting JB to give us quality boxes.

Is everyone thinking they will end up raffling off tickets instead of giving tickets for a guaranteed shoe? I hope that I'm able to get me a pair.

This is the box the OG's came in.. I hope they bring this box back to shut everyone up about a sliding drawer. I can't believe everyone thinks

the price has gone up because of a box change.. it's called inflation.

OG XI's + OG Box (this is how it should be):
Actually in came in both boxes.

- Lot of NT cats complaining about the box, when most of them won't even be able to copp these XIs on RD anyhow :rolleyes ... There is WAY too much demand for a shoe that didn't get produced in high numbers (like the BCIV) in the first place.
- Every local shop manager I've talked to thus far has said they are getting low numbers. These are the same managers who told me they received 4-times more BCIV than any previous Retro release in the last few years.
- Seems simple to me, why doesn't JB just flood stores with this XI, like they did the BCIV? It won't jeopardize their precious XI... NOTHING will jeopardize the Brand, EXCEPT constantly keeping its precious product out of the hands of the loyal consumer. At some point, the consumer will wash its hands of the brand, citing continuous disrespect.

It's called bouls#*t !! Ewings just released there retros at $100.00 a pop. It's up to you and the room that you have to charge those prices. Jordan brand is a beast they can charge those numbers, only on retros and limited kicks tho. Did you see the jordan 28 ? I wouldn't Rock those for free !!

Back
Top Bottom