Official Air Jordan 11 Retro "Bred" - The aftermath.... No Buying/Selling/Trading

when the OGs dropped I was 12 years old and got the breds, when the retros and cool grey came I got all except the BREDs and they retroed twice and once (I struck big time) and this is going to happen again less than 3 weeks!

omg guthries gut box would be amazing, especially if they came with that texas toast! 
6488f841_17f9b742d2da11e1b3b8123138105e7f_6.jpeg
C'mon son...I haven't eaten anything all day exceot some ramen & you bust this out on me....lol

i gues ill start wearing mine more now to help build the hype lol.. i actually did this past weekend to the mall.. the thirst in people's eyes..

aj11bredeugenile.jpg

bred1e.jpg

actually purchased 2 of those 01s day of release at NTSF. if yall were there then, i still remember teh release. they gave out wrist bands (IIRC orange colored?) i think i still kept it and put it in one of the 01s taht are still DS. i remember you got a wrist band you were gauranteed a pair. waited only 2hrs i think, i was still way far back in line. probably 100th person and still got 2 pairs, my size 11 and friend's 12. i still got the receipt. the crowd was way different then. i remember walking up, going to the floor where all the bball stuff was. my dad got me a size 11.5 later that day too.. in the afternoon thats how easy it was(one of the malls in south bay)

the OG baby js were my lil bro's bought by my dad, also bought during original release, ill pass it to my future kids one day.

oh i had the ogs as well. used and abused. this is my fav shoe. not my fault it turned out to become the most hype air jordans..

ill still try to cop the 2012 though..

the size 11 is what i wear to keep my 11.5 DS, i use to wear 11 back in the day. but now 11.5 is my true size and 11 hurts my feet after a bit. what kind of trade for 2012 version DS size 11.5 or 12 would be fair. my size 11 is truely VNDS. if i wash the bottom it would almost pass as ds. no crease at all, jumpman symbol still perfect in the insoles, og box paper, etc. does the 01s warrant + cash on top of the trade, but we're speaking used for new. thoughts?

Last edited:
O
i gues ill start wearing mine more now to help build the hype lol.. i actually did this past weekend to the mall.. the thirst in people's eyes..
aj11bredeugenile.jpg

bred1e.jpg

actually purchased 2 of those 01s day of release at NTSF. if yall were there then, i still remember teh release. they gave out wrist bands (IIRC orange colored?) i think i still kept it and put it in one of the 01s taht are still DS. i remember you got a wrist band you were gauranteed a pair. waited only 2hrs i think, i was still way far back in line. probably 100th person and still got 2 pairs, my size 11 and friend's 12. i still got the receipt. the crowd was way different then. i remember walking up, going to the floor where all the bball stuff was. my dad got me a size 11.5 later that day too.. in the afternoon thats how easy it was(one of the malls in south bay)
the OG baby js were my lil bro's bought by my dad, also bought during original release, ill pass it to my future kids one day.
oh i had the ogs as well. used and abused. this is my fav shoe. not my fault it turned out to become the most hype air jordans..
ill still try to cop the 2012 though..
the size 11 is what i wear to keep my 11.5 DS, i use to wear 11 back in the day. but now 11.5 is my true size and 11 hurts my feet after a bit. what kind of trade for 2012 version DS size 11.5 or 12 would be fair. my size 11 is truely VNDS. if i wash the bottom it would almost pass as ds. no crease at all, jumpman symbol still perfect in the insoles, og box paper, etc. does the 01s warrant + cash on top of the trade, but we're speaking used for new. thoughts?
Omg the patent cut on those 01s inspirational! I was working at foot action when this came out and I remember like 2 people there when we opened, I sold off my entire collection after I got my under grad and had two pairs of the,...

Cue the new joiners who are overly excited about these. Won't be long now til the site slows down from traffic again.. hopefully it won't be as bad now that we're not with Yuku.

Im just happy I saw the moments that made the shoes history and I can now afford the releases I could not as a kid. When i was really in this collecting game, I had about 60 or so pairs but now that Im back in it a little, Im just getting those pairs I really wanted back then like these.

Hopefully since most places is doing the raffle/RSVP system, we won't have to create a thread talking about how horrible the release was.

Wonder how many pairs will stores over here will get.

Are we talking 40+ or less than 30.

I need to know my odds.

even if the quality nor the box aren't like the OGs.. I'm still looking forward to purchasing.. Like an EKIN told me when I visited the Nike Campus in Oregon "I don't know why people cry about the box, you don't wear the box".

Last edited:
Im just happy I saw the moments that made the shoes history and I can now afford the releases I could not as a kid. When i was really in this collecting game, I had about 60 or so pairs but now that Im back in it a little, Im just getting those pairs I really wanted back then like these.

QFT...and repped...i was 15 on 96...only concords even released in greece back then...

Raffle, online or Bust. Not going to stress myself getting these. But best of luck to y'all.

Does any one know why they decided to release on a friday? I remember back in the early 00's they would occasionally drop on wednesdays, but why on a friday?

Everyones complaining about the box I dont care about the box much put I do wish they would bring back the retro cards that came in the box

Everyones complaining about the box I dont care about the box much put I do wish they would bring back the retro cards that came in the box
QFT! I miss those, with a different pic of Jordan for each model. They stopped doing those in 07? I believe
But at the end of the day, It's about the shoes.

Last edited:
Does any one know why they decided to release on a friday? I remember back in the early 00's they would occasionally drop on wednesdays, but why on a friday?

my assumption is that they want to cut down on the craziness and by doing the release on a weekday while people have to work and some kids still in school before winter break......will see how it goes?...but if they are going to pass out fist come first serve tickets for this release.......then release day will be easy but the day to go get a ticket will be something to remember.....

Last edited:
yea man me too... I especially miss the info on them. Like how he got the nickname black cat, the flu game, etc...

my assumption is that they want to cut down on the craziness and by doing the release on a weekday while people have to work and some kids still in school before winter break......will see how it goes?...but if they are going to pass out fist come first serve tickets for this release.......then release day will be easy but the day to go get a ticket will be something to remember.....
Correct me if im wrong, but I thought thats why they stopped releasing them on wednesdays back in the day because kids where cutting school).

Correct me if im wrong, but I thought thats why they stopped releasing them on wednesdays back in the day because kids where cutting school).

naw you're right....I cut class in '95 to pick these up....Im not saying its going to work it was just an assumption as to why they chose Friday instead of Saturday.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom