Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Low OG Thread

E425643B-FD8A-4FDF-8A94-30738C468C1A.png

Womens pairs of the Starfish are about 20 bucks cheaper on Stockx. Would be nice to have a comparison of them and the Mens sizes to see if there are any differences.

Anyone know why they changed the OG lows construction? I was going through some of my old DS pairs of OG lows and while I think materials on the new pairs are better overall than on the old releases but the cut/construction is SO much better:

22A9CFC4-ABFA-48C8-B69F-DEE67FE1DDC7.jpeg

E095708C-58D1-49A3-A721-771EB12C50F3.jpeg

C207836E-9413-4F38-8EE8-A17E54E0D3D8.jpeg
Nightwing mentioned in his Starfish AJ1 video that there was a miscommunication between the designers and the factory. Most of the convos were conducted via Zoom and the product didn’t come out as planned. That’s why we have this shape, 7 eyelets, and smaller swoosh.

I was just about to say… they ****** up the Orange on these… that RSBB orange is far superior. Wtf.

The RSBB orange is more versatile. You can go light and dark colors with them. I feel like you have to focus only on darker colors to coordinate with that deeper orange on the lows.

Nightwing mentioned in his Starfish AJ1 video that there was a miscommunication between the designers and the factory. Most of the convos were conducted via Zoom and the product didn’t come out as planned. That’s why we have this shape, 7 eyelets, and smaller swoosh.

:lol: @ nightwing or anyone believing those ‘miscommunication’ ducktales…

like ^ said, Nike knows exactly what they’re doing

i can totally see this. I could see that these and the NG lows were handled by some inexperienced designers who aren't going to press on these little details. Trust me them zoom/webex calls late nights with suppliers o the other side of the globe can hit very different then being their in person to oversee a project. If you're designer and you visit the factory for DFM, you can literally dictate these little details in a day rather than over some low quality pixelated video conference call that can stretch several days because of the time difference. I've visited factories before my designs were in production, and it's so much faster to iron out the details and functionality in person. Assuming these were in production maybe late last year, yea i totally get it most of us were still adjusting to doing all this over video conferences.

Look at the Travis Scott x Fragment lows, most likely taken care through senior/principle designers because of the magnitude of the project with different collaborators. Came out with all the details we wanted.

:lol:

Consider the fact these lows are the same as the Koston SB lows from ’19 which were done up back in early/mid 2018…

TS lows are the way they are to create demand and hype exactly like they’re currently doing

This is the game…

…they’ve been doing this ish for yeeeeears, homie

:lol:

Consider the fact these lows are the same as the Koston SB lows from ’19 which were done up back in early/mid 2018…

TS lows are the way they are to create demand and hype exactly like they’re currently doing

This is the game…

…they’ve been doing this ish for yeeeeears, homie
I agree kostons have been out for a few years, but definitely could all be miscommunication especially if you can’t go oversees. Suppliers could easily just go off the Koston spec assuming that was what the designer wanted, lol hell the China OG lows this year had the 15 OG spec and might’ve been the last OG mold besides the backwards Travis lows. So there’s def a whole lot of mishandling on the JB team.

Back
Top Bottom