Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Low OG Thread

The 2015's are what KanyIZZY KanyIZZY and I are talking about though. They already had most of the hallmark design cues down (fat swoosh, correct toe, wings on heel tab). We're saying it's like 5 steps straight backwards to have it *THISCLOSE* to 1:1 and inexplicably change one of the most obvious/visible parts of the design. JB pretty much had to do a total redesign to make them like this when they already had the blueprint there.

yeah and they give the missing details to the TS lows with that big swoosh we all want way to go nike.

The 2015's are what KanyIZZY KanyIZZY and I are talking about though. They already had most of the hallmark design cues down (fat swoosh, correct toe, wings on heel tab). We're saying it's like 5 steps straight backwards to have it *THISCLOSE* to 1:1 and inexplicably change one of the most obvious/visible parts of the design. JB pretty much had to do a total redesign to make them like this when they already had the blueprint there.
There's a video for the Air max 90 recrafts and its design process and how the shoe really comes down to the project manager and designers. If you look at all the recrafts under the Nike's line (idk if it NSW) i.e. Air max 90, Air max 1, huarche, etc.... Most of their recrafts are so close to the OG and everyone involved looks to care in how the replicate the original. However, if you look at the recrafts under Jordan Brand, the models constantly change and drift away. It's almost like they need the teams from Nike to take over on the recraft projects in Jordan Brand because obviously there's not enough care and attention to these models from the people involved.

So I finally wore my Chicago lows down to the white meat. So I applied these monstrosities to get some more miles out of them. I’ll let y’all know how they hold up. Right now I hate them as I can feel the heel lift.

F2C51EB4-85A1-4245-BABC-78B45E1EFDC0.jpeg

Last edited:
So I finally wore my Chicago lows down to the white meat. So I applied these monstrosities to get some more miles out of them. I’ll let y’all know how they hold up. Right now I hate them as I can feel the heel lift.

Is that a portion you cut from another pair? Or is that an item being sold like heel taps for dress shoes to address heel drag?

Is that a portion you cut from another pair? Or is that an item being sold like heel taps for dress shoes to address heel drag?
I bought it as a separate item. It’s a heel piece, sold by size, with adhesive backing,. You prep the rubber, then place the heel piece on, then use rubber cement/super glue around the edges to water seal it. Easier than a sole swap. 🤷🏻

Ive had multiple pairs of the OG style lows (bred and royal) and the Koston 1 low mold is absolutely more comfortable. The swoosh is whatever bc it was out of proportion on the OG style even if it was more true to the real OG

EDIT: not talking about the comfort bc of the zoom insole either but that def helps

Ive had multiple pairs of the OG style lows (bred and royal) and the Koston 1 low mold is absolutely more comfortable. The swoosh is whatever bc it was out of proportion on the OG style even if it was more true to the real OG

EDIT: not talking about the comfort bc of the zoom insole either but that def helps

materials on the Koston 1 low was way better than the stiff plastic-like leather on the last run of OG lows.

I bought it as a separate item. It’s a heel piece, sold by size, with adhesive backing,. You prep the rubber, then place the heel piece on, then use rubber cement/super glue around the edges to water seal it. Easier than a sole swap. 🤷🏻
Any info on where to buy?

There's a video for the Air max 90 recrafts and its design process and how the shoe really comes down to the project manager and designers. If you look at all the recrafts under the Nike's line (idk if it NSW) i.e. Air max 90, Air max 1, huarche, etc.... Most of their recrafts are so close to the OG and everyone involved looks to care in how the replicate the original. However, if you look at the recrafts under Jordan Brand, the models constantly change and drift away. It's almost like they need the teams from Nike to take over on the recraft projects in Jordan Brand because obviously there's not enough care and attention to these models from the people involved.

This is so cool . obviously JB does not have people that are as passionate on their team recreating air jordans like these nikes.. glad those am3's were an easy cop.

The color is very different though....

Back
Top Bottom