Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I have no problem with Mids. I'm one of the few here who actually bought the soar blue rare airs, and I love those as well. I might even buy the dark shadow mids... I just think releasing colorways that are very clearly dumbed down cheap versions of classic colorways is a bit of a weak move. They're basically Navy royal 1's, even using tumble like the last royals... Either mass produce royals, or leave the classic colorway alone. It's clear they're doing this to milk the OG Royal 1 that they decided to limit...

Plus the fact that they put tumble on these Mids and charge $60 less for them. It's clear we're being over charged for the OG Hi's, that much extra material or NA doesn't justify $60 more retail haha.

Just my own opinion too, right...

i can never hate on the mids, when i started wearing 1s, thats all we had. with the jumpman to boot. loved them because they were different then the AF1s and Dunks eveyone was wearing at the time. If its a color i like, ill cop. if they gave all the color ways to the mids, i wouldnt be mad about it one bit. also the 2000s were the decade where JB knocked it out of the park with retro+ colors.

Last edited:
I guess the "unfrags" is a pair I want because since I got into jordan 1s I've wanted the Chicago colorway in blue and it never happened. Heck the only royal blue shoe out of the 85 collection was the royals. And I remember wanting a blue version of the Black Toes and Chicago's. Missed out bad on Frags and almost went for the Rare Airs. Its nice to know my patience is paying off. So these blue chi's to me are a Godsend. Imma take the tongue of my triple blacks and swap them onto the black toes and I'll take the white tongues and swap them out with the "unfrags" and then I'll just throw those tongues back onto the Triple black. 2 pairs is all I need. Have a red trinity and a blue version of the trinity.
Might be easier to swap out the three tongue tags and then tongue swap the Chicago Blues with the Black Toe. Seems with your example you'd be swapping out the tongue tags anyway so one of the black tongues won't need swapping.

Might be easier to swap out the three tongue tags and then tongue swap the Chicago Blues with the Black Toe. Seems with your example you'd be swapping out the tongue tags anyway so one of the black tongues won't need swapping.
oooohh good thinking i didnt consider the tages. I was only gonna really paint the "black toe" tongue tag in chicago styling (blue background white letters) and leave the the other tongues untouched. I got some reconfigurating to do. I do lol

Mids are the Polo Chaps of Jordan Brand, yeah you’re still technically wearing a Jordan, but you know they’re basura.

2h6zyvm.jpg

Never really owned mids before. When I first got into 1s way before the remaster movement and the "nike air" movement. I had attained OG 85s. B/reds (my first 1 purchase) the lows that were regional ("southside" and the black pair) the 01 Royals, and the Metallic Red DTRT. I never had mids aside from the 1s my ex got me. They are triple black and are definitely going on beater status. I would do a few 01 mids like the navy pair though. But I'm kinda spoiled on highs and lows. I did used to rock my sb dunk midtops though. They looked too good with stacked denim and tapered khaki pants.

Back
Top Bottom