Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I think black/gum was meant as sort of a "winter" shoe.

I'm not quality snob, with that said, I don't understand why they get so much hate. It's definitely a dope CW

Seems like an all year round shoe to me, all shoes I believe are. Maybe I'm not fashion oriented.
we know you aren't

900x900px-LL-4be46043_IMG_1443.jpeg

Love them, glitter and all.  10 second wipe down and they're good to go. 
Seems like there's some type of chemical reaction going  on with the leather and oxygen. I checked all of my black leather based 1's and none of them has this...and that's going all the way back to 09 with my DMP pack. But I do store my shoes in zip locks though but let them breath a lot. 

Last edited:
Dudes have been busy the last couple of days...hopefully everyone who wanted the Quai 1s were able to get them. The lotioning of 1s to cure glittergate is low-key hilarious .... Can add that I agree with AirThompson that it's probably the box.....initially thought it was the paper in the box (a finishing agent used or something) but when one NT'r noted they had it and they weren't storing with paper figured it has to be the box -- feel better knowing I store my 1s in ziploc bags. Saw some fugazi Off Whites the toe box perfs seemed to clean. Has there been any leak of  a possible release date for the Off Whites yet? 

Dudes have been busy the last couple of days...hopefully everyone who wanted the Quai 1s were able to get them. The lotioning of 1s to cure glittergate is low-key hilarious .... Can add that I agree with AirThompson that it's probably the box.....initially thought it was the paper in the box (a finishing agent used or something) but when one NT'r noted they had it and they weren't storing with paper figured it has to be the box -- feel better knowing I store my 1s in ziploc bags. Saw some fugazi Off Whites the toe box perfs seemed to clean. Has there been any leak of  a possible release date for the Off Whites yet? 

August 1st on the Sails

She means the actual Jordan I collaboration with Off-White :lol:

I saw it mentioned in the thread for them that they're loaded onto NDC, but there's still no word of a date yet as far as I know/have seen.

Last edited:
I can't wait to see the customs created from the new premium pack pairs. A bred or royal created using the black pair and ultra high soles will blow the actual retros away if done right.

Thinking of using those white perforated premium essential pack 1's for a custom. Are they dirt cheap anywhere yet?

These

Thinking of using those white perforated premium essential pack 1's for a custom. Are they dirt cheap anywhere yet?

These
have you seen the perforated leather in person...it looks really bad IMO. I think it would be a cool custom for a non OG looking colorway though

These

have you seen the perforated leather in person...it looks really bad IMO. I think it would be a cool custom for a non OG looking colorway though

My main reason for using them is bc they have a black outsole, or i would've used the yin yang pair

I'ma do a semi-Black Toe colorblocking/Laker custom...nothing fancy

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed Perfs don't look great in person. I initially planned on using them for a shadow custom but went with black yangs instead.

My customizer hated painting over that black. He said it took quite a few layers.

Back
Top Bottom