Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Lol funny how these kentuckys and metallics came around just like the og versions...nobody cared but 1 day huge sought after...glad I got both on the discount. Yall notice nobody cared for maroons and now they drying up quick on ebay. All these "reject" ogs stand stronger than all in the long run

Nike didn't announce the LA/NYC drop in advance, right? Only FTA did? i knew SNKRs had the surprise drop planned for Christmas, but I didn't expect them to lob this at us, too. Did anyone receive any notification, or did they just show up on the site?
Nike tweeted links to both pairs this morning around 10am.

Nike didn't announce the LA/NYC drop in advance, right? Only FTA did? i knew SNKRs had the surprise drop planned for Christmas, but I didn't expect them to lob this at us, too. Did anyone receive any notification, or did they just show up on the site?
I didn't see a notification. Only way I knew is by a twitter notification I saw that the chi 23's where available via SNKRS and I was like "let me check this out" and sure enough I saw the LA/NYC's there. Tried to go for the LA's, but sold out. This was probably 10:10est, after having copped LA's on FA

Dude look like he wearing a diaper.

[emoji]129300[/emoji]
maxresdefault.jpg

Dude looks like a baby?

Today was a great day. And very very tiring. Happy I got my Kentucks. They were super easy to get. Walked in and out. No lines. Even had the chance to look at a few size 10's and pick the right one.
Copped the white ying yang for $80 from Sheikh. They had the 25% off and another 10% off if you follow their ig page. I been waiting on these to hit sale. Copped 2 out of 3 of the patent leather 1's. 3rd one is on my list still but no hurry. Hope everyone had a great day!

Quick question, what's the biggedt differences between the Retro OGs, Rare Air, and the mids aside from the cut and the materials? Coz im confused with their different price points. Retro OG is 163 USD, Rare Air is 145, Mid is at 116 (and usually go to the outlets) here in the Philippines. They have the same midsole and cushioning right?

Quick question, what's the biggedt differences between the Retro OGs, Rare Air, and the mids aside from the cut and the materials? Coz im confused with their different price points. Retro OG is 163 USD, Rare Air is 145, Mid is at 116 (and usually go to the outlets) here in the Philippines. They have the same midsole and cushioning right?
buy 1 of each and you'll see why lol nah 4 real tho. the ogs will be nicer and represent the 1 at its finest while mids offer off the wall colors and rare airs are on the mid level but try and sling that collector polished turd vibe. If u like a color cop it tho..try and get the royals in 2017...

I'm actually not going for the OG look or any look in particular. I know it sounds crazy but I wanna try and hoop in them. Will swap the insole of course for a better cushioning. Aside from aesthetics, they probably perform the same right? Im just feeling old school right now. :))

I got LA's and Storm Blue in store yesterday. Thinking about grabbing another pair of the LA's today, I know flight 23 at the promenade in santa monica still has them they got several FSR. If you're still looking I'd try a flight 23.

As I said in my previous post, Flight 23 in santa monica has 5 FSR so they were sitting. The Storm Blues were sitting too, I was the first to cop a pair and it was noon, I also went to bait at 6pm and they had only sold one pair (size 8) at that point. Each store other than the Nike Stores only got 1 FSR or less of the storm blue so I'm shocked they're sitting. People are sleeping but those things are rare and look awesome. I think they'll resell somewhere around the shattered backboards and the breds. $320-$350

People will regret not picking up kentuckys and especially metallics at these discounted prices. Somebody else said it and personally I wish they would release all the other metallics and the white/gray. i would just sell of some of my collection to get the shadows after that and I really could be done.

Last edited:
Kentucky's are :wow: in person. Don't thing I can resist much more. I still need to rebuy some other shoes. [emoji]128529[/emoji]

So do I double on CM's, or get NYC's? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Here's what I like about the NYC 1s .... the cement midsole (its such an iconic part of the brand like elephant print which you rarely see on the silhouette), while I hate icy soles I did like the translucent grey bottom. The CMs basic black/white palletes will be seen again on the sillouette-- in fact the YY pack did a better version of the black/white motif. I dislike the fit of NYC1s but it's not the worst fit I've seen on the 1s.

On the storm blues i Used 20%off nike coupon and 20$ gift card and nike charged about $119 to my account. Also got $25 referral credited to my ebates and the person I referred got $10 for first purchase and $12.80 for the shoe purchase. That person is gonna cash it for me. So in all I really paid $71.20. Steal

I'm a big fan of the materials on NYC 1s, great for outdoor wear this time of year. I've been wearing mine almost daily to and from work walking through slush and salt, they hold up great.

Back
Top Bottom