Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I was walking into Whole Foods yesterday and I saw some college kid wearing the Shattered Backboards. I’d never seen a pair in the wild before.

As I was walking by I pointed to his shoes and said “Shattered Boards?”

He looked at me and replied, “What?”

”Your shoes, Shattered Backboards right? Nice shoes!”

He was like “Uh, yeah…..righttt. Thanks.”

He had absolutely no idea what I was talking about.

Kid’s walking around in a pair of $1500 shoes that I’ve dreamed about owning for years and he doesn’t even know what they are.

…there is no god.

Maybe he thought you were weird for pointing at his shoes and saying “shattered backboards”…

I would have given you the same response.
It can go either way. I was wearing some real old dunks the other day and a few people out in the streets gave me props and it was all good.

But if the dude was a college kid he probably was welded out by some old man pointing at his shoes.

IMG_3946.gif

I was walking into Whole Foods yesterday and I saw some college kid wearing the Shattered Backboards. I’d never seen a pair in the wild before.

As I was walking by I pointed to his shoes and said “Shattered Boards?”

He looked at me and replied, “What?”

”Your shoes, Shattered Backboards right? Nice shoes!”

He was like “Uh, yeah…..righttt. Thanks.”

He had absolutely no idea what I was talking about.

Kid’s walking around in a pair of $1500 shoes that I’ve dreamed about owning for years and he doesn’t even know what they are.

…there is no god.
You lucky he aint have the blicky on him

As a former college aged kid I did not really enjoy older men coming up to talk to me in public, idc what about

As a nearly 30 year old person now with sneakers that are often conversation starters, I'm more used to it, but I usually don't like engaging for too long

I've said this before but I'm never interested in some shmuck wearing GR jordans. Only times I can recall starting a convo w someone based on sneakers, or saying nice shoes, was to rainbow footscapes, air rifts, or some 10+ year old SB dunks

Some people are weird.

If someone has a pair of shoes that someone thinks are nice people are known to compliment them. It's weird that's not known or accepted on a "Sneaker" message board.

I can recall getting compliments when I wore my Air Bakin's and Off-White Dunks.

There's probably been others but I forget.

Back
Top Bottom