• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
There's levels to "Made in white people country" tags on clothes and goods

https://www.businessoffashion.com/n...rs-in-france-stage-walkout-demand-higher-pay/ 2022 walkout

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/06/fashion/louis-vuitton-strike-france.html 2017 strike

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/20/fashion/italy-luxury-shadow-economy.html 2018 exposé on exploits in Italian manufacturing

Sorry if you hit pay walls but here's one snippet.

1675887301198.png

I'm not above anyone else here. I'm a product of capitalism and globilization as much as the next American. Labor conditions aren't something that we as consumers can control, unfortunately. But I think it's important to be aware of what we consume, what goes into our products, and then we can learn how to better our practices. I could write an essay on what goes into my purchasing decisions, I won't now though. My point here is that Nike and LVMH are multi billion dollar mega corporations that could do everything so much better if they wanted, from product quality to paying livable wages to manufacturing sustainably, but they won't.
Oh I’m not by all means saying that LVMH treat their blue collar employees well-just that they are better treated than workers in many Asian sweatshops.

For example, they won’t essentially be sent to death like Uyghurs in Nike’s Chinese forced labor camps would be for staging a similar strike:

C99AF97E-782B-4BB2-8CB4-8734991565A6.jpeg

https://www.discoursemagazine.com/e...enge-the-stain-of-forced-labor-on-nike-shoes/

One is made by impoverished people in a sweatshop in Asia and the other is made by far better paid people in an Italian factory. Both are insanely marked up but Nike/JB are marking up more on the $1300 trainers because they are still being made by people in a sweatshop.

If your contention with the shoe is labor factors, that’s fair and valid. But my comment was only about the product you’d be getting and whether Nike could deliver it to an acceptable standard regardless of where it made.

Last edited:
LVMH do be working with suppliers from the Xinjiang region and some of their "far better paid people in an Italian factory" are often exploited migrants in sweatshops too. Don't let "France" or "Italy" on the labels fool you
Sure but they aren’t literally forced to work for free or killed by genocide like the people working in the Nike factories, which is my point.

If your contention with the shoe is labor factors, that’s fair and valid. But my comment was only about the product you’d be getting and whether Nike could deliver it to an acceptable standard regardless of where it made.
That’s fair but I doubt the Chinese forced labor camps and sweatshops producing product are going to put out the same level of quality as European factories producing $1,300 shoes.

That’s fair but I doubt the Chinese forced labor camps and sweatshops producing product are going to put out the same level of quality as European factories producing $1,300 shoes.

By chance do you know where the Diors and or LV x Off white Airforces were made? I’ve handled a few pairs of them and I think they’re atleast worth a pair of the LV trainers if I had to come out of pocket

By chance do you know where the Diors and or LV x Off white Airforces were made? I’ve handled a few pairs of them and I think they’re atleast worth a pair of the LV trainers if I had to come out of pocket
The Dior AJ1s were produced by Dior in their European factories with Nike providing the tooling production from their standard Asian sweatshops, IIRC. Not sure about the LV AF1s but probably similar production as that.

Sorry in advance for asking a question I know must have been asked 1000 times in here before.

How do the AJ1 gold fit compared to AJ1 high retro? And what’s the comfort like on them for regular wear compared to the reg retro?

I think I saw my guys casper90403 casper90403 and witnesskb24 witnesskb24 are down with the golf movement so had to look into it.

movie not even gonna have MJ in it, meaning not even an actor playing him lol. It’s not gonna be anywhere near what the Last Dance did.
I'm looking forward to watching it, although I would be more interested in a Last Dance-style documentary on the early days of the Air Jordan line.

Just listening to guys like Peter Moore, Tinker Hatfield and Howard White talk about how they came up with ideas and built the brand.

I'm not a fan of fictional biopics in general.

They tend to be very formulaic and predictable.

...I don't expect this one to be any different.

Back
Top Bottom