Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I'm definitely feeling the gorge greens, slept on cw. Nice touch having them resemble the JP's
20221228_205523.jpg
Gimmie Gorge Greens over the other 2 just off tongues alone. I like the co.jp's but JB was tripping with that weird tongue.

I’m curious about the glitter problem.

I’ve heard that keeping the shoes out of the box keeps the glitter at bay.

But once the glitter shows up and you wipe it off, does storing them out of the box keep the glitter from coming back?

Or is like once the glitter shows up and you wipe it off, itkeeps coming back, no matter how you store the shoes?

Once you get the glitter it keeps coming back, but keeping the shoes outside of the box does lessen/slow the process. I keep my black based glitter pairs at the top of my stack with the tops off so they get air and it's been way less than when they were inside the box.

One thing I've tried recently is mink oil. A while back I posted how my Royals didn't even look black anymore because the pores where the glitter came out of were left discolored, but I put mink oil in almost 2 weeks ago and it darkened them and made them look black again. Highly recommend for those who had the same issue. I used Angelus Mink Oil paste for those wondering.

FYI, Taxis in 11 and 11.5 (and 4 through 7 for the kids):

verse001 verse001 was truly the only one I enjoyed on youtube. Wasn't someone I watched often because I just don't care for that kind of content, but if I was ever on the fence or curious about something, he had it and reviewed it. Insanely diverse collection of old and new, and always answered any question I had. I still check his website occasionally - unfortunately youtube disrespected him and took his channel down.
I appreciate the shout out! 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Once you get the glitter it keeps coming back, but keeping the shoes outside of the box does lessen/slow the process. I keep my black based glitter pairs at the top of my stack with the tops off so they get air and it's been way less than when they were inside the box.

One thing I've tried recently is mink oil. A while back I posted how my Royals didn't even look black anymore because the pores where the glitter came out of were left discolored, but I put mink oil in almost 2 weeks ago and it darkened them and made them look black again. Highly recommend for those who had the same issue. I used Angelus Mink Oil paste for those wondering.
Thanks for the great response sir!🙏

But once the glitter shows up and you wipe it off, does storing them out of the box keep the glitter from coming back?

Or is like once the glitter shows up and you wipe it off, itkeeps coming back, no matter how you store the shoes?
Embrace the lemon pepper(glitter)
I’ve cleaned my royals off and it just comes back but when I leave them out the box it last longer. I love the compliments on when I rock mine but then there’s always that one person. “Mannn you wearing those?”
Yes I am, they are shoes and I paid for them smh.

I’ve come to the conclusion that if you keep them out of the box and wear them on occasion, they won’t glitter. Ive NEVER ran into any glitter on the 1’s I bought for retail. 1’s I bought for resale that had glitter (Pine Green 1.0 and SBB 1.0) have yet to come back since I’ve cleaned them, had them out the box and worn on occasion.

As for the rumored “Reimagined” Black Toes, if it doesn't come with a black tongue, it’ll be an easy pass for me.

Last edited:
I’ve come to the conclusion that if you keep them out of the box and wear them on occasion, they won’t glitter. Ive NEVER ran into any glitter on the 1’s I bought for retail. 1’s I bought for resale that had glitter (Pine Green 1.0 and SBB 1.0) have yet to come back since I’ve had them out the box and worn on occasion.

As for the rumored “Reimagined” Black Toes, if it doesn't come with a black tongue, it’ll be an easy pass for me.
Sounds the glitter issue could be a ymmv kind of thing.

My Shadows that I got on eBay have never shown any glitter and I wear them maybe 2 or 3 times a month and always keep in box.

L&H has 20% off Gorge Green - discount applied at checkout.

Yeah!

Just sold a pair of New Balance 550s!!!!

…for $75.🥸

Now if I can just unload my Military Blacks, I’ll be in striking distance of the Breds. Targeting sequence engaged. Bank left and we can lock and load.

6B6D7EB5-1D72-4609-A8A7-307EC92CD8CE.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom