Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I honestly forgot about some of those 2014/15 1s. Now that I think of it there were a lot. Highlight reel, boston garden, black/gums, BHM, carmines, melos, knicks, chris pauls, blake griffins. I really wanted the black/gums but heard quality and comfort were lacking bad.

Still sort of regret not getting the Celtics on deep discount, just couldn't buy anything attached to Boston

I felt the same way, so I bought them for like $80 DS and painted the green parts black (pic's a few yrs old...).

20160626_123420.jpg

I honestly forgot about some of those 2014/15 1s. Now that I think of it there were a lot. Highlight reel, boston garden, black/gums, BHM, carmines, melos, knicks, chris pauls, blake griffins. I really wanted the black/gums but heard quality and comfort were lacking bad.

I'd say the quality definitely wasn't the best back then - very plasticy - but the comfort's fine. The footbed's the same it's always been, afterall.

2015 Laser 1s were the most underrated IMO, ppl were using them as a cheap custom base because they were so heavily discounted. Funny because they go for so much now.

2015 Laser 1s were the most underrated IMO, ppl were using them as a cheap custom base because they were so heavily discounted. Funny because they go for so much now.

Funny you posted this because I was just thinking about how badly I butchered my custom attempt on these lol. Gonna have to pull them out and clean them up and see if I can re-do them.

Black/Gum quality was indeed garbage. They all felt plasticky except for the Knicks pair (didn't have the PEs).

Lasers were underrated too....that was a big step up from the '14 pairs

I completely forgot about laser 1s. I thought it was pretty stupid that people were customizing them, they were plenty clean on their own. They had great shape and materials for sure.

You have to remember the context though-I picked up pairs for like $100 when they bottomed out. Mids were much worse quality back then (and had that huge, ugly Jumpman on the back) and there weren’t a lot of OG 1s coming out that you could customize. I’m still yet to customize any of my pairs but I can definitely see the allure.

You have to remember the context though-I picked up pairs for like $100 when they bottomed out. Mids were much worse quality back then (and had that huge, ugly Jumpman on the back) and there weren’t a lot of OG 1s coming out that you could customize. I’m still yet to customize any of my pairs but I can definitely see the allure.
Exactly. I think I got my pair for like $95 shipped from an actual retailer, not ebay or anything like that. At that time very few 1s were desired. Hell, I held off dropping like $175 resale on B&Ws (by far the best pre-remaster) because I figured I'd be able to get them cheaper if I waited longer (oops). Then the Chis hit in '15 and all hell broke loose lol.

Plus, everyone wanted Frags at the time but didn't want to drop $1k on 'em and if you did it right you could get a pretty close replication by customizing Lasers at the time.

Back
Top Bottom