• Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Jordan 1 ‘85 mold Chicago first look via zsneakerheadz

5F06F192-19DC-42DE-815F-1468BD92572E.jpeg

How about the term store of value.

Whether you like it or not it's clear that sneakers can and have been a form of investing for a while now.

I just saw another NT mention selling his trophy rooms for 3k. I believe he paid retail. If that isn't an investment idk what is.

The issue sneaker “investments” is:

1.) Trends change or shoes are retroed/re-released often lowering the value of the previous release (assuming they aren’t a 1st time retro).

2.) Many sneakers deteriorate over time and become unwearable. AJ 1s are one of the FEW sneakers not impacted by this (along with Dunks and a few others) issue but, even then, the upper materials could definitely be impacted by yellowing, cracking (metallics or PL 1s), or even just annoying glittering.

3.) Storage. Sneaker boxes can pile up pretty quickly so you better have a climate-controlled space for them.

4.) Selling fees/shipping costs. Can’t do much about this here. Also, if you’re in the US, states are dropping the $20k/year 1099 form requirement to a few hundred bucks so you’ll have to pay quite a bit of taxes on those sales now (vs when you didn’t get reported to the IRS if < $20k sales).

Been on the hunt for a pair of Court Purple 2.0s in a size 11 as well. Like the CW, but don't think I like them enough for $350 DS.

Back
Top Bottom