Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
hnguy4 hnguy4 I've talked to the guy a lot about the customs he does. he did a pair of the '85 reverse breds in a blacktoe that I obtained elsewhere. his metallics range anywhere from 400-600+ depending on how aged/cracked you want it to look. I just need to get the toeboxes reshaped on these.
20210224_212207.jpg

Never thought I’d see the day where old, beat up, yellowed, smelly looking, Jordans are FAR more popular than a fresh pair.
can’t wait til this forced aging and distressing fad is old news. Ish looks nasty and crusty-Ruining brand new Js with that nonsense.
I’m totally with you on this, but ultimately what people want to do doesn’t cost me anything, so they can keep doing them. I personally think all shoes (minus AF1s) look fine worn. I mean, they’re shoes, and that’s what you do with shoes. IMO not necessarily better than a newer, fresher pair (some pairs look better than others worn that’s for sure), but fine, and in some cases just as good IMO. But the concept of taking a brand new pair of whatever shoe, and artificially aging it, is just so corny to me. To each his or her own though. The one exception I’d support is like what they did on the Nigel 1s. The concept of a biker being like “I bike in these and beat them up in this fashion, here’s a recreation of what my beat pairs look like,” is dope to me. If they did the same with a Dunk SB with a professional skater, or a Nike/Jordan with a professional athlete and the pair they wore, highlighting how they wear whatever pair when they’re excelling in whatever sport they’re clearly great at, I’d also support it. But the concept of “hey, my kicks look like they’re 20+ years old, and therefore vintage/cool, but in reality they’re brand spanking new, and I took a bunch of brushes, paints, and other processes to make them look like I’ve lived life in them” is goofy/cringey AF to me personally. Either live in your pairs, aging them naturally, or buy a used pair that’s been lived in.

anyone in the Bronx, FTL is opening a new location which has some recent Jordan 1 releases (womens silver, womens satin snake, womens black/silver low) as well as a few other recent jordan releases such as fire red IV's, Jubilee XI's, etc.

Shoestradamus Shoestradamus would you prefer I post these, 85's with swapped soles and repaint..... you understand the previous was made to look like 85's, which today the majority look like this or even worse unless DS.
20170415_121406.jpg
I wasn’t knocking you in particular; I actually think what you did looked good with the black toes, but people are ODing nowadays, using coffee grounds and “yellowing” paint that makes a white outsole look dog ish brown and piss yellow. People are taking BRAND NEW 1s,3,4,5 or anything Jordan with Nike air branding on it AND SOME ARE PAYING A PREMIUM TO GET THIS CRAP DONE!!!! Paying a premium to age shoes?!?!?! It’s just weird AF and makes zero sense to me.
I agree with j mobile j mobile , it’s corny AF when it’s forced. (Nigels are a diff story-his hit different bc distressing and aging wasn’t a trend when those dropped and that collab told his actual history with the shoes).

What people do to their own shoes though, is ultimately their own business-I was just making an observation about current times vs past times, when a fresh pair of Js was IT and beaters were thrown out or given to a friend.

I wasn’t knocking you in particular; I actually think what you did looked good with the black toes, but people are ODing nowadays, using coffee grounds and “yellowing” paint that makes a white outsole look dog ish brown and piss yellow. People are taking BRAND NEW 1s,3,4,5 or anything Jordan with Nike air branding on it AND SOME ARE PAYING A PREMIUM TO GET THIS CRAP DONE!!!! Paying a premium to age shoes?!?!?! It’s just weird AF and makes zero sense to me.
I agree with j mobile j mobile , it’s corny AF when it’s forced. (Nigels are a diff story-his hit different bc distressing and aging wasn’t a trend when those dropped and that collab told his actual history with the shoes).

What people do to their own shoes though, is ultimately their own business-I was just making an observation about current times vs past times, when a fresh pair of Js was IT and beaters were thrown out or given to a friend.

I don't mind a little sail midsole and laces hear and there. As far as the whole painting, scraping, extra distressing is too much for my taste. I just find it funny how we've came full circle from people wanting icy soles and shoes to stay looking brand new as long as possible to the exact polar opposite. Kind of wild.

I don't mind a little sail midsole and laces hear and there. As far as the whole painting, scraping, extra distressing is too much for my taste. I just find it funny how we've came full circle from people wanting icy soles and shoes to stay looking brand new as long as possible to the exact polar opposite. Kind of wild.
I 2nd this completely. And yeah, both pairs that you shared look super dope k20lee k20lee , so keep sharing. I also wasn’t trying to slight. Being as I’m in a wheelchair, don’t physically walk in me shoes, and quite frankly have so many shoes now to where my rotation is pretty deep, my kicks personally don’t age or wear all that much at all. My most worn “looking” pair is a pair of Linen 10s, from 2005, that I work a lot back in the day, and as a result of the rain here, the midsole and outsole is pretty yellow. The rest of the shoe is still pretty perfect though. I was mainly just referring to the concept/philosophy of aging new pairs to look some type of way, but the actual look and aesthetic and shape of classic and aged 1s (as long as they’re not crazily beat) does looks dope to me.

Guess this was a bad time to show the results of my experiment with aging techniques?
Honestly people can love it or hate it. I have never been emotional about others opinions on what I wear. I also subscribe to the notion of any damage/ wear to a sneaker should be earned, but I figured I would try something different after wearing this shoe plenty...
35AB63E8-85F3-414E-BFE8-570BD1DEB9F3.jpeg
32219199-E8C9-4ED1-B516-AEA8E52A845B.jpeg
9F9BCD0E-4CFE-4E9E-ADB7-041C9B9018FB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom