• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
20201226_150543.jpg

And you do? Criticizing NGs while defending Balvins and Hyper Royals? Yeah that shows a lot.
It does. I’m not criticizing OG NG 1s, I’m criticizing the lame attempt at the retro and the poor looking toebox. There is a difference; and yes, I do defend the Balvin’s from your absurdity of calling them the worst Jordan ever. The worse Jordan ever wouldn’t have it’s demand or resell value. All you do is knock things without any substance behind it.

For anyone that has the Travis Highs - Is the box sticker supposed to overlap the hole like this? I've been watching legit check videos on Youtube and none seem to have this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 3.20.52 PM.png

It does. I’m not criticizing OG NG 1s, I’m criticizing the lame attempt at the retro and the poor looking toebox. There is a difference; and yes, I do defend the Balvin’s from your absurdity of calling them the worst Jordan ever. The worse Jordan ever wouldn’t have it’s demand or resell value. All you do is knock things without any substance behind it.

The Balvins are basically rainbow colorblocked with cheap materials and a damn smiley face 🤣. That’s substance enough to hate them.

diors are about more than just looks, but also the quality, craftsmanship and materials from what i hear. that said, u can't really call them weak without holding them in hand 1st. pretty sure that would change your perspective at least somewhat so...
Now we gotta hold a pair in our hands before saying they're ugly?

For anyone that has the Travis Highs - Is the box sticker supposed to overlap the hole like this? I've been watching legit check videos on Youtube and none seem to have this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 3.20.52 PM.png
My sticker is positioned the same as the one pictured.

(The pair is directly from snkrs, if that helps. )

The Balvins are basically rainbow colorblocked with cheap materials and a damn smiley face 🤣. That’s substance enough to hate them.
Have you seen them in person and held them in your hands? I bet the answer is no. You can hate them all you want and they can be the worst Jordan to YOU of all-time, but that certainly isn’t the case with the demand and the numbers. So you’re wrong.

Have you seen them in person and held them in your hands? I bet the answer is no. You can hate them all you want and they can be the worst Jordan to YOU of all-time, but that certainly isn’t the case with the demand and the numbers. So you’re wrong.

So now you judge by demand and numbers? What has happened to you!? You claim to be an OG, but now your argument hinges on HYPE? Man, this is a low point in our debates.

So now you judge by demand and numbers? What has happened to you!? You claim to be an OG, but now your argument hinges on HYPE? Man, this is a low point in our debates.
My point is that the demand and numbers show that it’s not considered by people to be the worst Jordan of all-time as you say. Otherwise, there would be absolutely no demand for them.

My point is that the demand and numbers show that it’s not considered by people to be the worst Jordan of all-time as you say. Otherwise, there would be absolutely no demand for them.

It’s not a great argument, since we both know ANY AND ALL 1s will have demand at this point, especially if it has a collab slapped on it. I am purely talking looks and what makes it even worse is that it has tarnished probably the greatest Jordan model, the 1s.

It’s not a great argument, since we both know ANY AND ALL 1s will have demand at this point, especially if it has a collab slapped on it. I am purely talking looks and what makes it even worse is that it has tarnished probably the greatest Jordan model, the 1s.
Nah, not all 1’s have the demand of $500-$600 right out of the gate. And it hasn’t tarnished the 1, stop that crazy talk. :lol:

Y’all are too much. :lol: Just gotta say two things. First, IMO, the hype and resale of a shoe is the worst explanation as to why a shoe is or isn’t the worst. JB could take a piece of sht, slap the word “collab” on them, have the “right” “influencers” tout them around, make them limited, give some BS narrative, use a bunch of other marketing methods and tricks, and could make them hyped and resell for a lot. But with that being said, anyone with 20+ years of experience with Jordan’s knows good and damn well that the Balvins aren’t the WORST JORDAN OF ALL TIME. With all the Frankenstein shoes, new models, az colorways, strange remixes for woman, and other garbage that JB has cooked up over my 34 years on earth, the Balvins definitely aren’t at the top of the worst list.

But you guys can keep going back and forth.

JB could take a piece of sht, slap the word “collab” on them, have the “right” “influencers” tout them around, make them limited, give some BS narrative, use a bunch of other marketing methods and tricks, and could make them hyped and resell for a lot.
That’s not true at all. They have done that and there has been flops.

Anyway, he knows deep down Balvin’s aren’t the worst ever. Just wait for prices next year. :rofl:

That’s not true at all. They have done that and there has been flops.

Anyway, he knows deep down Balvin’s aren’t the worst ever. Just wait for prices next year. :rofl:
There have been flops, that’s true. But you’re also kidding yourself if you honestly don’t think JB/Nike couldn’t take a model that many would generally consider awful, and with their marketing GENIUS, make them hyped and with a high resell. Especially when you consider that what is and isn’t an attractive/hyped/sought after shoe is 100% a subjective view, and that view is driven by TONS of factors both internally and externally. Again, not saying there haven’t been flops, and there might be more flops than not with this approach, but let’s not act like JB/Nike couldn’t hit the perfect formula to make an “ugly” pair hyped and expensive on the resell market. I don’t necessarily think the Balvins are that damn bad though. Not for me, but I’ve for sure seen worse.

Two words for you: Doernbecher fifteen.
What about them? They’re not a generally hyped shoe, and they go barely above resell. You’re missing my point. Like I said, there have been flops, there will be more flops, and there would probably be more flops than hits, with that type of strategy. However, my point was let’s not act like it’s IMPOSSIBLE for Nike/JB to turn an “ugly” pair into something super hyped with high resell. You speak like it COULD NEVER HAPPEN. Let’s say hypothetically MJ joined the Big 3 for 1 season, wore those exact Doernbecher 15s every game, averaged 50pts per game, won the MVP and the title, and left the league. Those 15s would skyrocket. Marketing.

Back
Top Bottom