Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Today:

20200829_170027.jpg

honestly if everything were easy to get and anyone could have it at any time it wouldn't be fun anymore imo
nice shoes...

and i think youre spot on with your opinion...i also believe the appeal is lost when theres a bunch of people wearing a shoe that no one could really get before...and i think this is probably the main reason people wouldnt want to see 1:1 fakes

EA750093-697D-469B-B57B-14B9F96040F3.jpeg

On the way home from work and working out.

Has the upper soften up for you? I've worn them about three times already, and I think I'm starting to feel it give in a little. Pandemic doesn't help, 'cause it'd be nice to get a full day's worth of wear to see how it'll really break in.

Today:

20200829_170027.jpg

Idk about y'all but to me the difference is obvious. And honestly if everything were easy to get and anyone could have it at any time it wouldn't be fun anymore imo. I like the chase, yes sometimes I pay resell, but most of the time its retail or bust and if I don't hit its onto the next one(which we all know is a week or two away anyways).

Yeah I also think that at a certain point people have to accept that some releases aren’t attainable without spending a ton of money that could be better spent elsewhere, even if they could afford it. Blame it on income inequality, etc. but at a certain point, shoes like your Unions essentially become releases for the 1%, at least for anyone who is spending resale to wear them. I don’t think any financial advisor would disagree with me here lol

At the end of the day though, Nike/JB could produce more pairs and we’d all be able to eat but limited releases are essentially marketing tools for the brand. I will say that I do miss the days where OG cw releases were relatively attainable and not going for much over retail after release (2016 BTs, 2017 Royals, etc.etc.) but I think even those days are sadly over, based on the Neutral Grey 1s releasing next year... Oh well, all good things come to an end, I suppose.

But they do make a ton of regular releases, y'all act like you can't go to footlocker right now and buy a ton of nike product. If these weren't limited or sought after most wouldnt want them, you could go to your local store and cop and be about your day. We wouldn't even be having this discussion right now.. how boring is that? Same with the guavas and off noirs we all know for a fact they'd be sitting and possibly going on discount if they released in regular quantities at foot stores. Idk to me thats no fun.
From a business standpoint, creating hype with limited qualities is genius. I understand why they do it.

But from a consumer standpoint, it's annoying. I'm too old to be jumping through hoops just for an attempt, at giving a corporation my hard earned money.

I'm fine sneaker releases being "boring". Make more kicks so we can all eat. This shouldn't be a sport.

But they do make a ton of regular releases, y'all act like you can't go to footlocker right now and buy a ton of nike product. If these weren't limited or sought after most wouldnt want them, you could go to your local store and cop and be about your day. We wouldn't even be having this discussion right now.. how boring is that? Same with the guavas and off noirs we all know for a fact they'd be sitting and possibly going on discount if they released in regular quantities at foot stores. Idk to me thats no fun.

And to me that would be awesome. Even with low hype I still wanted and grabbed Stormblues, UNCs, Black Whites, Metallic Red/Blues. I didn't feel any different about them after they were easy to get.

3s, 4s, 5, 11s have all gotten big number OG releases and are still retain a loyal and active fanbase. Those 4s are hideous, money makes people do crazy things haha. It'd be impossible to completely separate the hype/marketing from our buying trends, it's their job to make us want stuff so I can't say I'm any different than anyone else. I'm just a guy who would rather not jump through hoops to get shoes I like.

But they do make a ton of regular releases, y'all act like you can't go to footlocker right now and buy a ton of nike product.

What quality Nike or JB products can you find in footlocker right now? Fusions/Team Js and poor quality Air Max, Blazers, etc. are pretty much your only options for casual wear if you’re unable to find a GR retro in your size. Even crappy quality mids are selling out nowadays, it’s insane. I think, at this point, you have to switch brands if you want to find good looking, quality kicks that are easily attainable.

I feel like there’s a compromise between feeling like you have something limited and it being impossible to get.

I think 2018 Shadows were a good example of a limited shoe that wasn’t impossible to get. Wish more releases were like that.

All of this.

Even with extremely hyped cws of other models like 2016 Space Jam 11s, 2018 BC3s, and 2019 BIR 6s they accomplished this really well.. No idea why we can’t have more releases like those again. Oh well.

I agree except I’m tired of the chase lol. Especially now with all the apps and bots. When the whole rafflle thing started, I always thought it was crazy entering a raffle hoping to win to PURCHASE lol.

That’s funny, when the raffle thing started, I thought I liked the idea. I damn sure wasn’t gonna he lining up overnight for FCFS. So I thought raffles gave me a chance. Then I remember signing up for raffles towards the end of the sign up window, being the only size 13 on the damn list. Thinking “this finna be a BREEZE”, only to be staring at my phone :lol:. I realized if something is gonna sell out, I’m never getting a phone call. Fast forward to now, obviously bots run the game. Since I don’t do fakes, it’s resale if I really need em

been having a lot of luck with the foot site apps as its main thing to win. Only thing I didn't win were the bio hacks, but I won them from the UNDFTD raffle tho

The laces that came with my crater 1’s measured 65 inched tip to tip. Only made it the the 2nd from the top loop on my pair. I didn’t like the lace tips and since it was short for my liking, I ordered a pair of black 72 inch laces to replace.

edit*
So those are what lace tips are called
15B50BE0-29AD-40A2-B67B-EDFE066E977E.gif
They are called aglets

Make no mistake: JD Sports Times Square is going to be 2020’s hottest destination in streetwear, so you know we’ve gotta go big.

How big? Think “restock of all those Jordan retro models you thought you’d missed out on” big.

That’s right. We’ve kept some pairs on ice to make sure the opening of our biggest U.S. location goes off with a bang.

A-List STATUS members can win a product reservation, with their Jordan Retro reserved for pickup and purchase at JD Sports Times Square on the product release date.

If you’re not an A-List STATUS member yet, you still have the chance to buy a released Jordan Retro at JD Sports Times Square through our in-store drawings or when we offer them on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Keep reading for details on our in-store drawings and first-come, first-serve offers. Additional terms may apply.

Other Hot Releases
We’ve kept some pairs in the vault for our grand opening. Check out the release listing below to find out when you can cop a pair.

Dropping 10/9 – First Come, First Serve
Told y’all we were bringing the heat! You could cop the recently released Air Jordan 13 Retro ‘Lucky Green’ or a stack of other 🔥 styles.

Visit JD Sports Times Square to grab your pair while supplies last.

Air Jordan 3 Retro SE ‘Unite’ (M)

Air Jordan 3 Retro SE ‘Denim’ (M, GS, PS, TD)

Air Jordan 3 Retro W ‘Laser Orange’ (W, PS, TD)

Air Jordan 4 Retro ‘Court Purple’ (M, GS)

Air Jordan 4 Retro W ‘Lucid Green’ (W)

Air Jordan 4 Retro SE ‘95 Neon’ (M, PS, TD)

Air Jordan 4 Retro ‘Cool Grey’ (GS, PS, TD)

Air Jordan 4 Retro ‘What The’ (GS)

Air Jordan 4 Retro ‘Lemon Venom’ (GS, PS, TD)

Air Jordan 11 Retro Low W ‘Concord Sketch’ (PS, TD)

Air Jordan 13 Retro ‘CNY’ (M)

Air Jordan 13 Retro ‘Lucky Green’

Air Jordan 14 Retro Gym Red (M, GS, PS, TD)

(Sizing note: M = Men’s, W = Women’s, GS = Grade School, PS = Preschool, TD = Toddler, CB = Crib Bootie)

Dropping the week of 10/11 – First Come, First Serve for Select Styles
Get in quick, because once they’re gone, they’re gone.

Air Jordan 4 Retro ‘Bred’ (M)

Air Jordan 4 Retro ‘Black Cat’ (M)

Air Jordan 3 Retro ‘Valor Blue’ (M)

Air Jordan 3 Retro ‘Knicks’ (M)

Air Jordan 5 Retro ‘Apple Green’ (M)

Air Jordan 9 Retro ‘White/Red’ (M)

Air Jordan 6 Retro ‘Hare’ (M, GS, PS, TD)

(Sizing note: M = Men’s, W = Women’s, GS = Grade School, PS = Preschool, TD = Toddler, CB = Crib Bootie)

Dropping 10/18 – Product Drawing for Select Styles (Additional terms apply)

October 18 goes down in history as the anniversary of the day the NBA banned Michael Jordan from wearing black and red kicks on-court, so we’re celebrating by dropping an unmatched range of recent Air Jordan 1 retros.

Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG ‘Shattered Backboard 3.0’ (M, GS)

Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG ‘Court Purple’ (M, GS)

Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG ‘Royal Toe’ (M, GS)

Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG ‘Smoke Grey’ (M, GS)

(Sizing Note: M = Men’s sizing, W = Women’s, GS = Grade School, PS = Preschool, TD = Toddler, CB = Crib Bootie)

Dropping the week of 10/18 – First Come, First Serve
Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG Defiant LA to Chicago (M)

Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG Phantom Gym Red (M)

Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG Black Gym Red (M, GS)

Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG ‘Meant to Fly’ (M, GS)

Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG ‘Fearless’ (M)

Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG W ‘NC to Chi’ (W, PS, TD)

Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG W ‘Satin Red’ (W, PS, TD)

Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG W Satin Black Toe (W)

Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG W ‘Fearless Equality’

Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG ‘Pine Green’ (GS)

Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG Black Satin (GS)

Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG ‘Obsidian’ (GS)

Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG ‘Tie-Dye’ (PS, TD)

(Sizing Note: M = Men’s sizing, W = Women’s, GS = Grade School, PS = Preschool, TD = Toddler, CB = Crib Bootie)

If anyone needs me to get them any of the pairs let me know. I'm gonna try to get the Satin black toe for myself.

Never considered fakes exactly for the reason you stated. They literally have no "value" beyond trying to flex. To me atleast its the same as taking your money and just burning it. At least with legit pairs if you get tired or bored of them you can sell them since many retain their value(or even make money when they appreciate) or trade for other pairs you grew to like more.

I see some people specifically on reddit with dozens of pairs of fakes laughing how they get to flex and show off etc without having to pay resell. All I see is thousands of dollars just burned never to be recovered on something they very clearly aren't passionate about. But what do I know i just majored in business administration and finance.

Last edited:
Has the upper soften up for you? I've worn them about three times already, and I think I'm starting to feel it give in a little. Pandemic doesn't help, 'cause it'd be nice to get a full day's worth of wear to see how it'll really break in.
Starting to, but they’re not stretching like leather, that’s for sure!

Make no mistake: JD Sports Times Square is going to be 2020’s hottest destination in streetwear, so you know we’ve gotta go big.

How big? Think “restock of all those Jordan retro models you thought you’d missed out on” big.

That’s right. We’ve kept some pairs on ice to make sure the opening of our biggest U.S. location goes off with a bang.

A-List STATUS members can win a product reservation, with their Jordan Retro reserved for pickup and purchase at JD Sports Times Square on the product release date.

If you’re not an A-List STATUS member yet, you still have the chance to buy a released Jordan Retro at JD Sports Times Square through our in-store drawings or when we offer them on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Keep reading for details on our in-store drawings and first-come, first-serve offers. Additional terms may apply.

Other Hot Releases
We’ve kept some pairs in the vault for our grand opening. Check out the release listing below to find out when you can cop a pair.

Told y’all we were bringing the heat! You could cop the recently released Air Jordan 13 Retro ‘Lucky Green’ or a stack of other 🔥 styles.

October 18 goes down in history as the anniversary of the day the NBA banned Michael Jordan from wearing black and red kicks on-court, so we’re celebrating by dropping an unmatched range of recent Air Jordan 1 retros.

If anyone needs me to get them any of the pairs let me know. I'm gonna try to get the Satin black toe for myself.

Could you try and grab me a Royal Toe in a 11.0 or 11.5? Took a lot of Ls on that release and didn’t want to pay resell.. Appreciate you looking out for NTers!!

Last edited:

Other Hot Releases

I really need those bred 4s, and royal toes. 😩

Back
Top Bottom