Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
i got so fed up with striking out this year that i ended up buying a pair of union storm blue fakes...i was expecting a frankenstein-junk shoe...but its crazy how similar they are to regular aj1's...

ive ridden my bike over 100 miles in them, walked in them, and treated them pretty harshly and theyve held up just fine

nike/snkrs really needs to find another way of selling shoes to people that want to buy them

Just curious but do you plan on buying more fakes in the future?
I’m not judging or anything
But I feel like once you start buying fakes there’s no turning back
Or was this like a one time thing?

The laces that came with my crater 1’s measured 65 inched tip to tip. Only made it the the 2nd from the top loop on my pair. I didn’t like the lace tips and since it was short for my liking, I ordered a pair of black 72 inch laces to replace.

edit*
So those are what lace tips are called
15B50BE0-29AD-40A2-B67B-EDFE066E977E.gif
Lol yeah aglets are what they’re called. Barely anyone knows it so when I say that they do the same haha

where are you copping your 72in laces from?

Just curious but do you plan on buying more fakes in the future?
I’m not judging or anything
But I feel like once you start buying fakes there’s no turning back
Or was this like a one time thing?

i dont know if ill buy more, i have too many shoes i havent worn yet to justify loading up on fakes...

i still try on snkrs and i just bought the reverse bred jordan 1 lows...im not really desperate for shoes and i dont sell them...i just wear them...

if i really like a shoe id probably buy again...id buy a fake again for sure before buying something marked up by a reseller...but id really have to like the shoe...

i got so fed up with striking out this year that i ended up buying a pair of union storm blue fakes...i was expecting a frankenstein-junk shoe...but its crazy how similar they are to regular aj1's...

ive ridden my bike over 100 miles in them, walked in them, and treated them pretty harshly and theyve held up just fine

nike/snkrs really needs to find another way of selling shoes to people that want to buy them

I don't own fakes but you're not wrong. I considered taking this path years ago when **** started getting too hard to cop etc. Unfortunately the good fakes almost cost as much as the legit pairs and I couldn't do that to myself knowing the shoe doesn't have "actual" value. I'd rather go the custom route (which also have little to no resell value.

Lol yeah aglets are what they’re called. Barely anyone knows it so when I say that they do the same haha

where are you copping your 72in laces from?
To find a simple pair of black flat shoe laces that are longer than the 48 inches ones that they sell at Footlocker was a ***** for me. Was hoping to find local, but ended up buying from *Rope Lace Supply. I’d check your local dollar type store as I’ve heard some of those stores have shoe laces in stock and for way cheaper than the site I posted.

Broke out Breds for today’s activities.
8A795FFF-BB91-4234-90B4-CF66A805957B.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't own fakes but you're not wrong. I considered taking this path years ago when **** started getting too hard to cop etc. Unfortunately the good fakes almost cost as much as the legit pairs and I couldn't do that to myself knowing the shoe doesn't have "actual" value. I'd rather go the custom route (which also have little to no resell value.
I’ve thought about this for that Shattered Backboard’s as they are becoming more and more unattainable financially for me 😢

Never considered fakes exactly for the reason you stated. They literally have no "value" beyond trying to flex. To me atleast its the same as taking your money and just burning it. At least with legit pairs if you get tired or bored of them you can sell them since many retain their value(or even make money when they appreciate) or trade for other pairs you grew to like more.

I see some people specifically on reddit with dozens of pairs of fakes laughing how they get to flex and show off etc without having to pay resell. All I see is thousands of dollars just burned never to be recovered on something they very clearly aren't passionate about. But what do I know i just majored in business administration and finance.

Never considered fakes exactly for the reason you stated. They literally have no "value" beyond trying to flex. To me atleast its the same as taking your money and just burning it. At least with legit pairs if you get tired or bored of them you can sell them since many retain their value(or even make money when they appreciate) or trade for other pairs you grew to like more.

I see some people specifically on reddit with dozens of pairs of fakes laughing how they get to flex and show off etc without having to pay resell. All I see is thousands of dollars just burned never to be recovered on something they very clearly aren't passionate about. But what do I know i just majored in business administration and finance.
i have an mba and i understand supply and demand as well as how factories and multi national corporations function...

its silly to go about life flexing in shoes or expecting to make a significant amount of money from purchasing and reselling shoes...you will never recover money on used clothing...and if you do its not significant or worth the time invested...

this is a fun hobby and nostalgic to me...

i have an mba and i understand supply and demand as well as how factories and multi national corporations function...

its silly to go about life flexing in shoes or expecting to make a significant amount of money from purchasing and reselling shoes...you will never recover money on used clothing...and if you do its not significant or worth the time invested...

I'm totally on this boat now, its just flex nowadays and i can't go about wanting to wear what i want without dropping stupid cash. Fakes are so identical it's not even funny and i hope it wakes up these corps and how they created this mess.

Oh I'd never suggest sneakers as an investment, same way I wouldnt for cars either(my other big hobby).

If I liquidate my collection now I'm probably up 3x what I've paid out of pocket. And thats while getting to wear and enjoy 90% of them too. Of course thats not happening though since I'm in it for the long haul lol. Idk maybe people have to be smarter with their purchases its very easy to lose yourself and spend well beyond your means.

Retail or bust is the best move
I’m happy I was able to obtain most of the 1’s that released
Going forward if I happen to strikeout on every pair of 1’s that releases that I want it will be ok
I have enough pairs right now to last the rest of my life
I’m trying to cut down
But it’s so hard
I have no self control lol

i dont think ive ever seen a real pair in person...so i dont know...but from looking at pictures online the yellow outline on the leather is too bright

Was having a debate with a friend on these fake shoes these Instagramera selling. Warren lotas, revs... I’m tired of see custom!! Aftermarket pairs are just not it

Those will be like triple white AF1s, highly in demand but I can't figure out why. Other than nostalgia they are horribly plain and lack a main characteristic of the silhouette which is the color blocking. I'll never understand the infatuation with all white anything...
Because you don’t have to match it to anything. All whites go with just about anything. That’s why 75% of the girls at my school wear AF1s, a vast majority of those are white on white, with the other 24% wearing Stan Smiths or Vans. Then 1% wearing Docs or some goth “I’m not like the other girls” stuff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom