• Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
i never have my bare feet out in public unless i'm swimming

i have nothing against people that like their bare feet out tho

also i wear socks and slides around the house
even when I'm swimming I'm rocking these...
Screenshot_20190424-085217_Google.jpg

Not really.

It's easy to say a sneaker is overrated if you don't have it.

I can say Fragments are overrated. I don't have them.

I take the word of people more seriously when they have them and say they're overrated.

I get you. But he's talking about looks I assume. Like rating a person, you can say Rihanna is overrated to me, and I will/ won't agree. I ain't gotta have Rihanna to have an opinion on her.

You can speak on the looks of Frags being overrated to you, not quality, since you don't have them.

SBB 1.0 = orange toe styling
SBB 2.0 = orange Chicago styling
SBB 3.0 = orange bred/royal/shadow styling possibly patent leather

Is that right?

I get you. But he's talking about looks I assume. Like rating a person, you can say Rihanna is overrated to me, and I will/ won't agree. I ain't gotta have Rihanna to have an opinion on her.

You can speak on the looks of Frags being overrated to you, not quality, since you don't have them.

When it comes to sneakers you know a lot of it is also hate and envy. You don't have it, so it's overrated.

I can say Frags are overrated, because I wouldn't pay $2,000 for them, just like I wouldn't pay $900 for SBB's. No sneaker, especially a 1 is technically worth some of the prices these 1's are going for.

But for $160 I don't think anyone would call them overrated. Who would pass up SBB's or Fragments for $160?

I don't own SBBs but my son does because I gave them to him (too small for me) and he's skated the **** out of em (they were just cool sneakers to him). So even though I've held them in hand tried em on and watched an get beat my opinion doesn't count since I don't own them. Ownership is everything.

When it comes to sneakers you know a lot of it is also hate and envy. You don't have it, so it's overrated.

I can say Frags are overrated, because I wouldn't pay $2,000 for them, just like I wouldn't pay $900 for SBB's. No sneaker, especially a 1 is technically worth some of the prices these 1's are going for.

But for $160 I don't think anyone would call them overrated. Who would pass up SBB's or Fragments for $160?

I would. Assuming that the resale market is non existent, no I wouldn't buy them because I don't like the colorway.

Why is that so unacceptable to you that someone can dislike something from afar without having owned or touched it?

Edit: if the SBB or Fragments or Unions were as widely available as some of the other Jordan 1s that have released and gone on discount no one would care about them. People care because they are limited and for that reason only.

There's no way in hell that many people truly like the color orange.

Last edited:
I would. Assuming that the resale market is non existent, no I wouldn't buy them because I don't like the colorway.

Why is that so unacceptable to you that someone can dislike something from afar without having owned or touched it?
disliking them is fine...calling them overrated is saying you dont like that other people like them

*i know you werent the one that called them overrated, just pointing out the difference

I don't own SBBs but my son does because I gave them to him (too small for me) and he's skated the **** out of em (they were just cool sneakers to him). So even though I've held them in hand tried em on and watched an get beat my opinion doesn't count since I don't own them. Ownership is everything.

Not being funny and being bad at sarcasm are ownership you do have

I wouldn't call SBB's overrated. I see the appeal, they just wouldn't crack my top 5. I care more for color than "leather quality". It's all synthetics at the end of the day regardless.

Edit: if the SBB or Fragments or Unions were as widely available as some of the other Jordan 1s that have released and gone on discount no one would care about them. People care because they are limited and for that reason only.

That's different

I don't like green, so I sold the green toes. I knew I would never wear them. I wouldn't call them overrated though, because they just aren't my preference, so I know I can't even properly judge them.

Anyone know anything about these Jordan’s? I know nothing about these shoes .. I was going to donate them but wonder if they are worth anything . 980359B8-7B7D-448A-9C4B-A115A050093C.jpeg
A8A63827-9F71-4119-ACDB-DBFCAE11BEDA.jpeg
A8A63827-9F71-4119-ACDB-DBFCAE11BEDA.jpeg

Attachments

• 56629831-83D6-4B24-9E1C-D5DC203746A0.jpeg
    56629831-83D6-4B24-9E1C-D5DC203746A0.jpeg
    252.9 KB · Views: 13
  • C1A7E81B-4A12-4311-9CE6-C6827212DCAA.jpeg
    C1A7E81B-4A12-4311-9CE6-C6827212DCAA.jpeg
    264.6 KB · Views: 10
Lance Mountain 1s (white) are one of my favorite sneakers ever. Tan pinnacle 1s are one of my favorite non-1985 1s; these get no love on this forum and I'm cool with that.

this pretty much sums it up for me. I would pass if given the opportunity to cop at $160, assuming there was no resell market.

Orange ain't it for me.

The color way is overrated for me but the quality is A+ to me. I'm a less quality is important guy than color way.

Back
Top Bottom