Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
if thats the case then they might want to start because theyre going to lose their money if this keeps up
come on, you don't believe this one bit. You know we make up such a tiny tiny part of what makes Nike tick??? Average consumers don't see or care like you do. I wouldn't consider myself average but more of a knowledgeable consumer of sneakers since I'm 44 and grew up in the MJ era, and I still don't care all that much.

Nike will Nike. Plain and simple.

if thats the case then they might want to start because theyre going to lose their money if this keeps up

Yea not sure that's true at all. Nike stock just reached a 52-week high today... they are chugging along. They making way more money on all of the non-hype **** they sell at Kohl's / Outlets / clothing / Air Monarchs, than probably all of the Jordan retro releases combined.

That's the safest bet, but I all depends on how the other articles mesh with the outfit.... such as wearing a shirt that has more than those base colors.

We all have so many different pairs of shoes O can't understand when people intentionally wear things mismatched... however I think it all comes down to what someone else said earlier... wanting to wear other articles of clothing that you favor despite them no going well with the fit.

come on, you don't believe this one bit. You know we make up such a tiny tiny part of what makes Nike tick??? Average consumers don't see or care like you do. I wouldn't consider myself average but more of a knowledgeable consumer of sneakers since I'm 44 and grew up in the MJ era, and I still don't care all that much.

the market trends start with us bro. As with any other enthusiast product. We decide for the casual shopper whats good and what isnt. If something requires a boycott best believe it will start with us. And thats exactly where this is heading.

Nike was killing it just a couple years ago. Plain and simple. What theyre doing now is just wrong and it WILL eventually show up on their bottom line

giphy.gif

the market trends start with us bro. As with any other enthusiast product. We decide for the casual shopper whats good and what isnt. If something requires a boycott best believe it will start with us. And thats exactly where this is heading.

Nike was killing it just a couple years ago. Plain and simple. What theyre doing now is just wrong and it WILL eventually show up on their bottom line

https://news.nike.com/news/nike-inc-reports-fiscal-2018-fourth-quarter-and-full-year-results

Nah

Last edited:
Theyre profitable but thats exactly why I wonder if the major shareholders and chairmen actually wear Nikes because if they did theyd see the cracks in the dam just like we do. Its pretty obvious where these cut corners could lead and how dark that road will be.

And if their response to the pressure from adidas is gentry then we can only pray Nike monopolizes the market forever.

I keep hearing that Kobe has the perfect mindset and work ethic to take over the job that Magic left. I kind of want Kobe to replace Mark Parker. lol

In all honesty I think Tinker is the obvious choice and rightful heir to the throne and its almost a crime that he isnt on it right now. Dude literally built the company after Phil Knight started it. No two men are more important to this brand. Nope, its Marker Parker at the helm. wat.

I agree. I remember reading a few years ago that Nike was basically at war with itself with it’s creative/marketing side vs business/finance/sales side internally within the company. One effect of this was that Adidas actually poached designers and Nike suffered as a result. I agree that having a creative minded leader like Tinker would be ideal but my best guess is that the board doesn’t want this, they want to simply increase sales in any way/shape/fashion. Ironically, it seems like Apple is also somewhat going through similar problems where they are actualizing the diminishing effects of finite sales growth after a long period of exponential growth.

I love when dudes on NT think they know the ins and outs of Nike's business, company, decisions, and plans. For most of us on forums like these, our scope on sneakers is insanely narrow. We're obsessed with minor details like stitching, height, texture. We think a shoe retroing "too many times" is a bad thing. We think our opinions matter to them. Nope. I'm hard pressed to believe execs care about that ****. They're just getting their bag, just like we do at our jobs.

Don't waste your time.. I tried for the last few pages to get dudes to look at things from a business standpoint instead of looking at it from a sneakerhead standpoint. The worst part is that some dudes quoting me actually believed sneakerheads and enthusiasts outnumber the average consumer and that Nike should value the niche market of sneakerheads over the causal audience. Alot of questions get asked on here about things nike does that would simply make sense if people on here realized that Nike is a business first and foremost. Their objective is to make money and increase profit margins, not please sneakerheads.

I love when dudes on NT think they know the ins and outs of Nike's business, company, decisions, and plans. For most of us on forums like these, our scope on sneakers is insanely narrow. We're obsessed with minor details like stitching, height, texture. We think a shoe retroing "too many times" is a bad thing. We think our opinions matter to them. Nope. I'm hard pressed to believe execs care about that ****. They're just getting their bag, just like we do at our jobs.
I went to school for this and would be shocked if im not hovering around the bullseye like 99 percent of the rest of the time. I speak because I see.

Don't waste your time.. I tried for the last few pages to get dudes to look at things from a business standpoint instead of looking at it from a sneakerhead standpoint. The worst part is that some dudes quoting me actually believed sneakerheads and enthusiasts outnumber the average consumer and that Nike should value the niche market of sneakerheads over the causal audience. Alot of questions get asked on here about things nike does that would simply make sense if people on here realized that Nike is a business first and foremost. Their objective is to make money and increase profit margins, not please sneakerheads.
ok

I went to school for this and would be shocked if im not hovering around the bullseye like 99 percent of the rest of the time. I speak because I see.
Alright if you wanna pull out the academia card, hit me with the facts and research. Show me the downward trends, show me where they're failing. I'm not mocking you, I genuinely want to know if you're just making observations or if you've seen the numbers. Because I haven't seen any signs of Nike slowing down.

Alright if you wanna pull out the academia card, hit me with the facts and research. Show me the downward trends, show me where they're failing. I'm not mocking you, I genuinely want to know if you're just making observations or if you've seen the numbers. Because I haven't seen any signs of Nike slowing down.
Hindsight is 20/20. The skill is predicting the future with where things are at now. Something they dont seem to have any grasp on evidently, seeing as how theyre reacting to everything that happens. They shouldve known to stay the course they were on. They put the blame on the wrong thing and fixed something that wasnt broken. Now theyre lost and putting out the worst line-up of shoes ever for this year, both in style and in quality. You cant tell me if they keep going in this direction that people wont start ignoring the brand altogether. Thats how this works.

Mongoose bikes used to be the creme of the crop, look at em now

you can't compare a niche product like Mongoose bikes to a company that has a ton of different products to choose from, and is global.

Much easier to get into the bike industry than to try and compete with Nike.

Come on Tony!!

Back
Top Bottom